The Stax Thread III
Oct 26, 2013 at 9:19 AM Post #706 of 25,560
Hello,

I want to build a Sigma Stand From Wood and need an old or wrotten one to build the inner line. Has someone detailed photos and or measurements for the Sigma stand?

Regards Georg

Oct 27, 2013 at 8:56 AM Post #707 of 25,560

The simplest solution is that somebody replace the arcs and didn't bother to move the serial number sticker as well. 

Nothing wrong with having two Mk1's... or four... 
redface.gif

I thought it was wrong to own two, what have I done :frowning2:

Oct 27, 2013 at 10:01 AM Post #708 of 25,560
Got my Omega recently, and even listening to my SRM-323S out of a Note 2 (please don't hate :xf_eek:) it's a worthwhile step up from my HE60.

Anyone have issues with Stax gear and airport security? I'm moving across the country soon and have to take them with me. My plan is to stuff the SRM-323S in my backpack and keep the SR-Omega in its box as a personal item and guard it with my life. Fortunately the 323S is solid-state and I'm only on a domestic flight...

The bonus is that I'll be able to set it up and listen to it at the airport during my layover. :tongue_smile:

Nothing really special, only that they are always handled with extreme care when I use them and I keep them in an open box instead of hanging.  

Open box because all of my stats, including the O1 in the open box, are now kept in a case that has slight positive pressure to keep dust out and the humidity controlled... but that's just a little overkill that I set up because I'm living in a fairly humid environment over here in the UK.

Thanks. (How frequently) Do you tighten the screws?

Oct 27, 2013 at 3:20 PM Post #710 of 25,560
Got my Omega recently, and even listening to my SRM-323S out of a Note 2 (please don't hate
redface.gif
) it's a worthwhile step up from my HE60.

Anyone have issues with Stax gear and airport security? I'm moving across the country soon and have to take them with me. My plan is to stuff the SRM-323S in my backpack and keep the SR-Omega in its box as a personal item and guard it with my life. Fortunately the 323S is solid-state and I'm only on a domestic flight...

The bonus is that I'll be able to set it up and listen to it at the airport during my layover.
tongue_smile.gif

Thanks. (How frequently) Do you tighten the screws?

You shouldn't have any issues carrying STAX with you through the airport.  It's obvious they are headphones.  The amp doesn't contain anything that will spook security.  Just be prepared to pull it out and show it off, other than that no problems.

I haven't tightened the screws, in fact your post was the first I heard about that.... so I plan to give them a little snug up soon.

Oct 27, 2013 at 5:17 PM Post #712 of 25,560
As long as it doesn't have tubes you'll be alright ;D. A friend of mine got held at customs once from an international flight where he spent an hour explaining to the security what the tubes were/are for attached to an amp he purchased stored in his luggage.

Oct 27, 2013 at 5:20 PM Post #713 of 25,560
  You shouldn't have any issues carrying STAX with you through the airport.  It's obvious they are headphones.  The amp doesn't contain anything that will spook security.  Just be prepared to pull it out and show it off, other than that no problems.

I haven't tightened the screws, in fact your post was the first I heard about that.... so I plan to give them a little snug up soon.

Agreed, should be no problem here, I took a bunch of gear to CanJam (HD800's, PS500's, DIY amp, etc.).  They took a real long look at all the cables and stuff in the X-ray, but that was about it.  They had a bigger problem with my toothpaste tube being too big (so they threw it out
mad.gif
) and my shampoo bottle that they thought MIGHT be too big (they eventually let me keep it).
blink.gif
  Sheesh, all the while they missed the two leatherman I forget were in a pocket of my backpack...
eek.gif

Oct 27, 2013 at 6:19 PM Post #714 of 25,560
As long as it doesn't have tubes you'll be alright ;D. A friend of mine got held at customs once from an international flight where he spent an hour explaining to the security what the tubes were/are for attached to an amp he purchased stored in his luggage.

Good point.  There is always the chance to get a closer look at stuff that isn't "main stream", but I've flown with the Continental with no problems, so you never know.  Be early to the line, be patient, be polite and all goes fine.  You're carrying something that's totally legit to carry.

I rack up a fair bit of miles each year and I put together some "interesting" bricks that I take along... I've only had my rig checked once!  

Now, bear, about that toothpaste!! Shame on you!

Oct 28, 2013 at 12:05 PM Post #715 of 25,560
Oct 28, 2013 at 7:50 PM Post #716 of 25,560
Just received my new SZ2-19XX SR-007A today from Price Japan.
Sound amazing. **** all over my SR202. Can't believe they will scale more too.

I thought Stax were onto SZ3 now, or is that only with the American version?

Oct 29, 2013 at 6:26 AM Post #719 of 25,560
Are you sure they didnt sell you some used or refurb stuff?
That serial number is older than dirt.

It was a 3 week wait for them to ship the order, and 3 days to ship. The package arrived double boxed, stax box fully sealed with certificates fully sealed everything is in it's plastic wrap. Could be a refurb I don't know, but just hoping i got lucky with some New old stock lol. I'll post some pics when I get home.

Did you really think your 202's will sound remotely close to the 007? :rolleyes:  

Sounds amazing to my mid-fi ears. Wasn't sure what to expect. Gratz on the 6000th post

Oct 29, 2013 at 7:20 AM Post #720 of 25,560
To be fair, Stax never fails to impress. I had high expectations for the SR-307 as a mid-fi headphone and the SR-Omega as a stratospheric headphone and was still blown away by all counts (moreso by the latter).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back