The Stax Thread III
Aug 29, 2013 at 10:43 AM Post #181 of 25,560
The LL1630 is a nice transformer for the job for something off the shelf.  I do wonder why anybody would use the LL9202 let alone the AM version.   Wholly unsuitable for this role. 
Quote:
There is not only the Demograf on electrostatic market. I've heard two other very interesting things – Dubiel Accoustic Euridice and LRT.
Euridice is complete tube amplifier, generally better for SR-007 than any Stax amplifier besides SRM-T2;
LRT is very sophisticated version of old Stax "adapter for earspeakers" with which and my ASL Twin-Head preamplifier paired with Restek Extent dual mono amplifier Stax SR-009 sounded better than with Orpheus or T2.

Euridice

This better than the T2?  You do know its the same crappy circuit as the King Sound M-20 but with even worse tubes?  Just about the cheapest way to drive Stax that is possible. 

Aug 29, 2013 at 10:58 AM Post #183 of 25,560
Quote:
The LL1630 is a nice transformer for the job for something off the shelf.  I do wonder why anybody would use the LL9202 let alone the AM version.   Wholly unsuitable for this role. 

This better than the T2?  You do know its the same crappy circuit as the King Sound M-20 but with even worse tubes?  Just about the cheapest way to drive Stax that is possible. 

Where I wrote that Euridice is better than T2? Can you read? I've wrote that LRT with ASL and Restek is better for SR-009. 

Aug 29, 2013 at 12:21 PM Post #184 of 25,560
I asked him yesterday. He has got a fairly expensive multimeter that can measure caps. Dunno if it goes further than just the capacitance value.

I'm not a big fan of electricians. It was almost impossible to get one to pull a pair of dedicated power lines for my stereo. He didn't care and didn't wanna know..................

Aug 29, 2013 at 12:22 PM Post #185 of 25,560
Are you referring to Wikors T2 here?

Quote:

Where I wrote that Euridice is better than T2? Can you read? I've wrote that LRT with ASL and Restek is better for SR-009. 

Aug 29, 2013 at 4:19 PM Post #192 of 25,560
Quote:

This is not amplifier, this is adapter. You need some good amplifier to pair it with LRT. Name of constructor is Peter Rill, Germany.

http://peter.family-rill.de/

thank you.
i know peter rill site. the transfomer is an italian project
but i knew that peter rill did not produce more.
perhaps i´m wrong

Aug 29, 2013 at 5:09 PM Post #193 of 25,560
Just got the KingSound... yeah...  these aren't very good.  Very, very colored. 

Quote:

Sorry meant to write T1 as it is superior to that POS in every way.  It's always amazing to see people take the Stax designs from the 60's, think they can improve them and end up with this stuff. 

Quote:
thank you.
i know peter rill site. the transfomer is an italian project
but i knew that peter rill did not produce more.
perhaps i´m wrong

Not really as this has been done since the 60's and the Rille boxes do not use any part of the Ciuffoli schematic.  That is a good idea as the Ciuffoli circuit will destroy your headphones rather quickly.  

Aug 29, 2013 at 9:14 PM Post #194 of 25,560
SRD-X fix ...where does this wire go?

Just bought an SRD-X pro off ebay but it arrived damaged/not working...even though the seller took a picture of it with the red light on before he shipped. Rather than send it back, I'd like to try and get it working.

Upon taking the case off, I noticed a black wire (see pictures) had become un-soldered and was loose. Where does this wire go? What else is there to check if the red light does not come on? I have tried both C-cells and an adapter (12V, 400 MA with negative polarity at the tip as per other threads) and the light does not come on. The black wire is attached to the very edge of circuit board and marked BK, hard to see its origin i the picture I took.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back