The Stax Thread III
May 2, 2018 at 9:58 AM Post #15,136 of 25,548
That is not what he told me

Ah, that is unfortunate. I don’t know, he is not a company, but he may have policy and rules on his products. You can always commercial an Unbalanced-balanced modules externally for “preamp” purposes. You just need to pay for it.

But then again, if you have a balanced out source, there is no need

May 2, 2018 at 11:31 AM Post #15,137 of 25,548
I have published a number of unbalanced to balanced converters both tube and solid state. 2 are similar to the kgsshv front end. Build it or find someone to build it for you. Unnecessary for any of the electrostatics, works great with gsx.

Edit: typo

Last edited:
May 2, 2018 at 11:52 AM Post #15,138 of 25,548
That is not what he told me

Read the first 2 paragraphs on the mjolnir main page and the first paragraph at the top of his "Amplifiers for electrostatic headpones" page. I think that pretty much sums things up perfectly.

May 2, 2018 at 11:56 AM Post #15,139 of 25,548
Ii have published a number of unbalanced to balanced converters both tube and solid state. 2 are similar to the kgsshv front end. Build it or find someone to build it for you. Unnecessary for any of the electrostatics, works great with gsx.

Sounds like something to bother Justin about :)

excuse my ignorance - "li" ?

May 2, 2018 at 12:38 PM Post #15,140 of 25,548
May 2, 2018 at 12:41 PM Post #15,142 of 25,548
Not what justin does

:thinking: I am starting to think some people are beyond help.

There really is no need to offend people.
Those of us who are new to this need some time to come up to speed
Perhaps the thread should be retitled.... only open to people who posses a wealth of Stax knowledge - others need not participate

May 2, 2018 at 12:47 PM Post #15,143 of 25,548
Perhaps the thread should be retitled.... only open to people who posses a wealth of Stax knowledge - others need not participate

Let’s say, I would be pissed off if someone picked on sir Kevin Gilmore by a Typo! Simple as that. He is the man, the legend, yet he publish all his designs for free, and even allows/assist people in making these great designs to the people by alternating it somewhat, or changing somewhat and they can produce it. For example BHSE, GSX, Carbon...etc...what makes you think picking on such a great person with a Typo a fun thing to do ?

May 2, 2018 at 12:56 PM Post #15,144 of 25,548

Those of us who are new should make at least some effort to read and figure things out vs expecting to be spoon fed everything. Those of us who are knew should take a minute to try and understand the responses that people have been generous enough to provide. Those of us that are new need to exercise an iota of common sense when presented with and obvious typo.

My 2c,

May 2, 2018 at 2:08 PM Post #15,146 of 25,548
LOL...just...LOL I did even register the typo, had to go back figure out what you guys are getting wadded up about... :ksc75smile:

Exactly the same case here.
Truth be told I had no idea it was a typo and thought it was an abbreviation for possibly a repository of schematic circuit diagrams - since the reference was to DIY transformer circuits to unbalanced to balanced.

I think people are a bit touchy with too much time on their hands if they immediately steamroll in and accuse people of insulting others
Just saying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back