The Stax Thread III
Apr 2, 2018 at 2:37 PM Post #14,824 of 25,558
Wasn't he (quartet labs/xianghao) banned at the other forum because he didn't know how to properly build the amps and also sold them in Taobao/Yoycart?

So, resuming, the guy builds the amps WRONG, does not give credit to the original designers (Kevin Gilmore/Spritzer) and tries to earn money using those disgusting bussiness practices?

Just awful...I hope he goes bankrupt like Singlepower (sends too many butchered amps, can't keep with the repairs, everyone hates him) or even worse, that's what he deserves.

Apr 2, 2018 at 3:09 PM Post #14,825 of 25,558
Yea that's the guy, but he is in China so I doubt anything will ever happen to him. It's a shame because there are good companies from there like audio gd.

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2018 at 3:18 PM Post #14,827 of 25,558
Yea that's the guy, but he is in China so I doubt anything will ever happen to him. It's a shame because their are good companies from there like audio gd.
And LKS :) I love the LKS Da004. Their customer service is also top notch.

Yes, in fact, there are 1.3 billion of chinese people (and that's only in China), I guess some of them want to be original and do the best they can.
They have some really stunning porcelain and silks.

I feel bad for these small number of people, because thanks to the big number of talent-less pyrates like quartet labs (or any other that does the same), there's a big stigma with anything that is manufactured in China...it must be really frustrating to try to make something and have your reputation damaged for a bunch of people not related to you.

Apr 2, 2018 at 5:25 PM Post #14,829 of 25,558
A few days ago I asked the local Stax retailer to order the 300LE for me.
Today they replied that they're going to notify me when they arrive.

I shall have to inform you all should I actually receive them.

Apr 3, 2018 at 3:35 PM Post #14,830 of 25,558
Oh yes further discussion will be fruitful for people that don't want to spend more money or can't afford too.. Maybe you're trying to justify the extra expense on the 007tA, and you will mislead other's into spending more $$$ than necessary without all the facts, and variables being equal.
What mislead? Why do I have to justify? How long have you used your STAX? I have used my SRM-T1S for 23years. it's a period long enough. I have used STAX products for about 40 years
(including STAX speakers).
I have met Mr. Hayashi, who established STAX for some times at 'Audio Fair' in Tokyo and at the STAX listening room in Ikebukuro in Tokyo. ( Now STAX doesn't have such room in Tokyo any more)
He was a good old man. I visited the listening room many times and listened to amps and speakers of STAX. You know about STAX sound more than me? I never believe in it. Of course I didn't listen
to all the products of STAX, but about earspeskers, I followed STAX until now. SRM-007tA was necessary to draw the full performance of SR-L700. And thanks to SRM-007tA, SR-404 Limited revived.

Apr 3, 2018 at 9:49 PM Post #14,833 of 25,558
What mislead? Why do I have to justify? How long have you used your STAX? I have used my SRM-T1S for 23years. it's a period long enough. I have used STAX products for about 40 years
(including STAX speakers).
I have met Mr. Hayashi, who established STAX for some times at 'Audio Fair' in Tokyo and at the STAX listening room in Ikebukuro in Tokyo. ( Now STAX doesn't have such room in Tokyo any more)
He was a good old man. I visited the listening room many times and listened to amps and speakers of STAX. You know about STAX sound more than me? I never believe in it. Of course I didn't listen
to all the products of STAX, but about earspeskers, I followed STAX until now. SRM-007tA was necessary to draw the full performance of SR-L700. And thanks to SRM-007tA, SR-404 Limited revived.
I listened to SRM-T1S for 24 years... I AM STAX !!!

Apr 3, 2018 at 11:05 PM Post #14,834 of 25,558
I listened to SRM-T1S for 24 years... I AM STAX !!!
No, you aren't. Don't pretend to know about STAX. You know only a part of what STAX had made in the past and what STAX is going to make.
Insist on SRM-T1S. Of course I tried SRM-006tS and after that I purchased SRM-007tA. I know one of true high-end audio shops and through them,
I can get in contact with STAX. Insist on SRM-T1S. Your words mean nothing to me.

Apr 3, 2018 at 11:10 PM Post #14,835 of 25,558
No, you aren't. Don't pretend to know about STAX. You know only a part of what STAX had made in the past and what STAX is going to make.
Insist on SRM-T1S. Of course I tried SRM-006tS and after that I purchased SRM-007tA. I know one of true high-end audio shops and through them,
I can get in contact with STAX. Insist on SRM-T1S. Your words mean nothing to me.
I AM STAX !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back