The Stax Thread III
Jul 7, 2017 at 9:33 PM Post #12,333 of 25,522
Your view is ignorant regarding other music genres and what is good. Its laughable because you listen to top 40 indie rock crap and are in denial. Ignorance is bliss I guess. You act like the top 40 of indie rock or any other genre besides pop is good. Please don't listen to other music genres. You'll embarrass yourself! indie rock is dead. I'd take Hard rock and progressive rock over indie rock any day.

Jul 7, 2017 at 9:36 PM Post #12,334 of 25,522
1124753.jpg

Jul 7, 2017 at 9:52 PM Post #12,335 of 25,522
Your view is ignorant regarding other music genres and what is good. Its laughable because you listen to top 40 indie rock crap and are in denial. Ignorance is bliss I guess. You act like the top 40 of indie rock or any other genre besides pop is good. Please don't listen to other music genres. You'll embarrass yourself! indie rock is dead. I'd take Hard rock and progressive rock over indie rock any day.

Dude it's not all I listen to...jazz, progressive, classic rock, folk, post-rock, as well. I was just naming bands in one genre. None of those bands are "top 40" so you don't know what you are taking about. And, no, Kenny G is not real jazz. I know you'll say jazz is lame or whatever. You wouldn't know about the greats I suppose - Coltrane, Mingus, Andrew Hill, Eric Dolphy, Oliver Nelson, Duke Ellington, Duke Pearson, etc.

Don't make assumptions about what I like. In contrast, you post videos of what you like. And it's an insult to Stax, lol.

Jul 7, 2017 at 10:34 PM Post #12,337 of 25,522
Not sure I should cry or laugh listening to some of these popsch songs in a thread about high end stat gear ! Please, some respect for the transducers lol :).

Well STAX are made in Japan, after all. Maybe they were voiced with this music during R&D? :beyersmile:

Where in Japan are you located Arnaud? Shonen Knife is playing a rare Japanese gig in a Tokyo club tonight (07/08). Go see them if it is near. Will add 10 years to your life, guaranteed. :blush:

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2017 at 9:39 AM Post #12,342 of 25,522
I read some where on Head-fi that a SRM-006tII cant power a SR 404 to loud levels, i think he said max volume on the pot was only moderately loud, can anyone confirm/deny this, thanks.
The person must have serious hearing problems. I had a 404LE with an older SRM-T1, which is essentially the same as a 006, and there was no issue with volume.

Jul 8, 2017 at 11:13 AM Post #12,344 of 25,522
With my A&K SP1000 received today, my portable battery operated Stax set-up is now complete :darthsmile: . Ready to go....

Very nice, could you share how the Kingsound M-3 performances with the SR-009 ?

Jul 8, 2017 at 2:13 PM Post #12,345 of 25,522
Very nice, could you share how the Kingsound M-3 performances with the SR-009 ?

Of course the SR009 do not sound as good as with my BHSE but... it still the M-3 is surprisely good for it's size and price. Definitively a very good solution that surprised all my friends who heard it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back