The Stax Thread III
Sep 24, 2014 at 7:29 AM Post #3,346 of 25,505
Yes my thoughts exactly, especially with the associated crackling. Maybe they need just reseating or have become loose or the contacts a little dirty, perhaps damaged during shipping?

Quote:

Isn't that one or more tubes going south?

Sep 24, 2014 at 11:24 AM Post #3,347 of 25,505
Yep, cracking, or a bubbly/burping sound points to a bad tube.  I have heard that many times in many tube amps and new tubes always clears that up. Since your amp is not brand new, that makes sense.
Try new tubes (you can do biasing later or send it to Yama for that) just to see what happens if you want to play with it before sending it off. But I guess Yama is responsible for the tubes at this early stage too.

Sep 24, 2014 at 12:23 PM Post #3,348 of 25,505
Thanks, guys!!

Sep 24, 2014 at 10:47 PM Post #3,349 of 25,505
Has any one used the SRE-950S extension cables with the SR-009 phones?  I was wondering if 5 meters is too long for extension cables.  I was planning on putting my headphone amp along with the rest of the stereo gear and use the long extension cable to my normal listening spot.

Thanks
Anil

Sep 25, 2014 at 2:38 PM Post #3,352 of 25,505
Can anyone comment on the Lambda Signature + KGSS synergy? I'm thinking about giving this headphone a go as I've never heard a Lambda. 

Sep 26, 2014 at 2:15 PM Post #3,355 of 25,505
Hoping for some help with a used set of 4070s I picked up recently.  I've posted three photos below, but basically, the headphones do not extend beyond a ridge that restrains their movement.  In looking at other sets online, it's clear the headphones are supposed to swivel outward, but this set has a restraint built in that prevents a full extension.  Not sure how to wear these, since the don't "open up." Hope I am making sense, and that someone could weigh in with some advice.

Sep 26, 2014 at 3:40 PM Post #3,356 of 25,505
Weird. Mine are not like that, and I can see how it would be a problem for fit. As I browse online, most pics are like my set, but I do see a few like yours. I wonder if it was the first batch or something. Not sure I see a way around that short of modifying the cups (which you obviously don't want to do on a rare item like this).

Sep 26, 2014 at 4:01 PM Post #3,358 of 25,505
Weird. Mine are not like that, and I can see how it would be a problem for fit. As I browse online, most pics are like my set, but I do see a few like yours. I wonder if it was the first batch or something. Not sure I see a way around that short of modifying the cups (which you obviously don't want to do on a rare item like this).

Thanks for the quick responses, not sure how to go about this. I suppose I could try to remove the brackets, and then reattach them so the cups swivel, but wondered if I'm missing something simpler.

Sep 26, 2014 at 5:14 PM Post #3,359 of 25,505
From your pictures it looks like they do swivel but just don't go past the frame toward your head at the top. which is exactly what I was trying to show you with the 507. which is by design, the way it should function.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back