Aug 24, 2017 at 1:03 PM Post #12,691 of 25,592
if somebody can read this:
Тип звукоизлучателя Электростатический

Частотный диапазон 20 — 30000 Гц

Напряжение Bias 580 В

Вес ( без учета провода) 480 г

orders here:
http://phenomenon.su
They don't have English language so even using translation is not easy.

Aug 24, 2017 at 1:17 PM Post #12,692 of 25,592
if somebody can read this:
Тип звукоизлучателя Электростатический

Частотный диапазон 20 — 30000 Гц

Напряжение Bias 580 В

Вес ( без учета провода) 480 г

orders here:
http://phenomenon.su

Google translate!

"Type of sounder Electrostatic

Frequency range 20 - 30000 Hz

Voltage Bias 580 V

Weight (without wire) 480 g"

Aug 26, 2017 at 4:42 AM Post #12,700 of 25,592
Any more issues with humidity affecting the sound? Malaysia has high humidity levels so would this be an issue using these cans?
i cannot make sure comments about the hissing ,was it humidiy or something else but these are very sensitive about fart.I did drive Canorum with Quad wich has quite different voltage wich could have been
the issue.If you turn quickly your head the drivers will react to this and you will hear additional noises ,it's that sensitive.This is the only complain i have also try to avoid changing the volume control too often
the phone adjusts itself to the given volume it's not real time control as i understand it.But i don't complain ,i get HE-90 soundquality here for 1500 usd.

Aug 26, 2017 at 5:16 AM Post #12,702 of 25,592
i cannot make sure comments about the hissing ,was it humidiy or something else but these are very sensitive about fart.I did drive Canorum with Quad wich has quite different voltage wich could have been
the issue.If you turn quickly your head the drivers will react to this and you will hear additional noises ,it's that sensitive.This is the only complain i have also try to avoid changing the volume control too often
the phone adjusts itself to the given volume it's not real time control as i understand it.But i don't complain ,i get HE-90 soundquality here for 1500 usd.

I am very close to order the Canorum. How is the bass of Canorum vs 009?

Aug 26, 2017 at 5:46 AM Post #12,703 of 25,592
I am very close to order the Canorum. How is the bass of Canorum vs 009?
most difficult question to answer for this occasion the only available Stax amp i have here is 252s with power supply,the phone sounds "full" and i don't notice any lack of bass.
I need another amp to evaluate it,The HE-90 doesn't have the bass cabability of 009 the bass is close to HE-90.I think the same with HD-800 with the right amp
you get enough bass.Of course the Abyss is another level in bass quantity.

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2017 at 7:25 AM Post #12,705 of 25,592
this is the google translation of Canorum from their website
We bring to your attention Phenomenon Canorum - the fruit of our many years of work in search of the optimal, well-adjusted in the nuances of the source of sound.

The heart of these headphones is an electrostatic radiator based on a lavsan film 2 microns thick. To achieve the maximum dynamic range, the membrane area is brought to 59 cm square.

The geometry of the stators ensures an even motion of the membrane and a high degree of control, combined with a minimum number of internal reflections. To prevent sticking of the membrane with the stator, a special dialectric layer is used, which ensures a long and reliable operation of the driver.

Details of the body and headband are made of duralumin and titanium. The use of metal makes the case acoustically neutral and minimizes internal resonances. Due to the high strength and lightness of materials, it was possible to reduce the total mass, which is not the last parameter, when choosing full-size headphones.

To improve ergonomics, we developed a headband with a unique mechanism for adjusting the clamping force. This mechanism and ear cushions made of genuine leather provide maximum comfort and convenience of listening.

Designing Phenomenon Canorum, we tried to move away from the light, incorporeal and overly developed concept of sound, often associated with electrostatic headphones. The sound of this model can be described as dense, emotional, maximally involving in musical material.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back