The Stax Lambda Thread
Apr 15, 2017 at 3:56 PM Post #91 of 101
Hey am i necroing an old thread again.. Well i got my Lambda Normal Bias (as a free extra while buying something else) and whats wrong with me, i have 507 and i also have SR Sigma/LNS hybrid. Using Lambda Normal Bias with SRM1 MK2 and i almost or im not yet sure if i prefer it over 507. There is something with the Lambda Normal Bias that just goes well with my earpiece's flapping around, i might be minority as i do not think i could call myself as an audiophile just yet. Just tell me im not just getting deaf or is there something magical with original design of lambda?

Apr 16, 2017 at 4:26 PM Post #92 of 101
  Hey am i necroing an old thread again.. Well i got my Lambda Normal Bias (as a free extra while buying something else) and whats wrong with me, i have 507 and i also have SR Sigma/LNS hybrid. Using Lambda Normal Bias with SRM1 MK2 and i almost or im not yet sure if i prefer it over 507. There is something with the Lambda Normal Bias that just goes well with my earpiece's flapping around, i might be minority as i do not think i could call myself as an audiophile just yet. Just tell me im not just getting deaf or is there something magical with original design of lambda?

I like the LNB better then the new ones as well.  have not put it against the new lineup, but it is still a favorite.

Apr 17, 2017 at 1:50 AM Post #93 of 101

The NB Lambda is magic. Sounds so good. I haven't heard that many headphones but it might be my favorite I've heard.

Sep 28, 2020 at 1:01 PM Post #94 of 101
I just got my SR Lambdas I was wondering if anyone can tell me if the dust shields are removed on my pair or are they fine?
IMG_4522.jpg
IMG_4521.jpg

IMG_4519.jpg
IMG_4520.jpg

I just got my SR Lambdas I was wondering if anyone can tell me if the dust shields are removed on my pair or are they fine?

Attachments

• IMG_4520.jpg
    IMG_4520.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Sep 28, 2020 at 2:02 PM Post #95 of 101
The dust covers are fine.

However, you are missing the yellow damping wool from the housing.

Without it, it sounds different compared to how it came out from the factory.
A member (scgorg) suggested they are still available from Stax, I cannot confirm that.

Sep 28, 2020 at 2:09 PM Post #96 of 101
THANK YOU!!! Also- does the fat part go forward or does the fat part go in rear? I did a left right balance check and they seem balanced BUT someone put yolk on reversed so now I dont know which part of the slotted cage goes front or back- there maybe an issue of left right in amp reversing channels- I just reversed them on yolk for sound test left right- they seem coorect but now I dont know if I did it correctly. any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_4518.jpg
    IMG_4518.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Sep 28, 2020 at 2:27 PM Post #98 of 101
The big bump should be facing towards the rear and downwards. It helps angling the drivers inwards.
You can also check the cable, the dotted white line indicates the right side, so you can mount the headband accordingly.
Yea so something is up-Dotted line (supposed to be right) is now on left of yolk BUT left is playing left side of music -which is correct but wrong lol. The fat part is in back and thinner cage in front... I am using the SRD-5 but I have SRM1Mk2 on order. My speakers are correct left and right out of amp in sp mode, I double checked all wiring on my end. Amp has left correct and right side is correct as well. Is it possible the amp is reversing channels just for earphone?

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2020 at 2:43 PM Post #99 of 101
On the last picture you mounted the headband backwards, the earpads have the correct orientation towards you.

I can't tell from here what's wrong with the channels.
You can reverse the sides if you feel that corrects it but then you need to re-attach the earpads again for the correct orientation as well. And for that you need new sheets to attach them properly.

I would just reverse the channels via software while having the earpads the corrent way, and play some music

Update: If I think about it, if you reverse the wiring towards the SRD7 adapter, but also do the same with other interconnect tables cables going towards the speakers, then the latter should not change anything (it is a double reverse) for the speakers and you should have the channels in the correct order for both the headphones and the speakers.

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2020 at 2:50 PM Post #100 of 101
YOU SAID - Update: If I think about it, if you reverse the wiring towards the SRD7 adapter and to the same with the cables going towards the speakers, then the latter should not change anything for the speakers and you should have the channels in the correct order for both the headphones and the speakers.
- YES yes! I was thinking same but the SRM-1Mk2 is on its way so that will probably do it as well... its so nice to know these are balanced without issues. The wool I heard can be eliminated for more open stage- so I will just be careful storing and remember to discharge before storing... thank you for all your help!
71ar6GjBj9L._SS500_.jpg

The sr-lambdas sound sublime - Listening to QUIET by Alexis Cole

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2020 at 2:42 PM Post #101 of 101
Ok just got the Lambda hooked up to the SRM1Mk2 which by the way looks and works like it just came from Stax Japan new- not a mark anywhere in and out- works without any noise or hum- volume knob is perfect without issues at all.

Ok- my question is it possible to make the SRD5 sound better than the SRM1mk2? SAY with with a really good speaker amp that is real class A of about 15watts? or a really good tube amp? I heard the SRD5 will not come close and some people say its all dependent on amp - can you make a SRD5 sound better than SRM1Mk2?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back