The Soundstage Head Club
Dec 31, 2014 at 2:09 AM Post #376 of 439
guys back over here for more help, still didnt get the upgrade .. financial situation. But now im back on track and i need to be sure before pulling the trigger if the Beyerdynamic T1 is better than HE-560 on soundstage. I believe those HP are good for anything but if you guys can guide me to which has better soundstage so i can enjoy my Soundtracks, like hans zimmer stuff or ambient music. or big band jazz.

thanks alot i need the help because i live in Venezuela and i cant test the HP before i get them so i want to be sure that im close to what i want reading alot and asking for help... thanks.

Dec 31, 2014 at 3:30 AM Post #377 of 439
I'm pretty sure T1 is the one with bigger soundstage and it's considered among the very best headphones on soundstage.

Jan 2, 2015 at 10:07 AM Post #380 of 439
  guys back over here for more help, still didnt get the upgrade .. financial situation. But now im back on track and i need to be sure before pulling the trigger if the Beyerdynamic T1 is better than HE-560 on soundstage. I believe those HP are good for anything but if you guys can guide me to which has better soundstage so i can enjoy my Soundtracks, like hans zimmer stuff or ambient music. or big band jazz.

thanks alot i need the help because i live in Venezuela and i cant test the HP before i get them so i want to be sure that im close to what i want reading alot and asking for help... thanks.

I take the HD800 over the T1 with Hans Zimmer and ambient any day.

Jan 3, 2015 at 12:44 AM Post #382 of 439
Sorry if i don't have the answer for the previous thread posts.

I just found out that this Ortofon Mhd-q might be one of those with bigger soundstage in portable amplifier universe, i think it's because its brightness, air, and a rather tube-like sound that it came out like that, just saying. But since i don't have any quality live recordings yet, i think i won't comment about its quality at performing a 'real' soundstage.

Rocking it with my Donguri-raku and i found the soundstage is rather large and believeable. though it might sounds a bit thin compared to some desktop amp at its price range but hey, i might be a little too hard on myself comparing a portable amplifier to desktop ones. 

Jan 7, 2015 at 5:00 AM Post #385 of 439
Hey guys I was wondering if some of you experts could help me out. I'm looking for open back headphones with the best imaging\soundstage for classical music in a concert hall, most likely sitting about 1\3 back in the seats. I would appreciate any and all advice. Thanks!

Jan 7, 2015 at 5:15 AM Post #386 of 439
Hey guys I was wondering if some of you experts could help me out. I'm looking for open back headphones with the best imaging\soundstage for classical music in a concert hall, most likely sitting about 1\3 back in the seats. I would appreciate any and all advice. Thanks!

Dependant on budget but I'll bite.
Try LCD2's or LCDX'S if you like warm signatures, HD800's if you want something a little cleaner. If budget is an issue then K7XX's/K7-series would be good or HD600/650 used; AD700 and MA9000 are good too. I am personally very interested in the shure SRH-1840. But we cant narrow it down until we no yourbudget

Jan 7, 2015 at 5:17 AM Post #387 of 439
Dependant on budget but I'll bite.
Try LCD2's or LCDX'S if you like warm signatures, HD800's if you want something a little cleaner. If budget is an issue then K7XX's/K7-series would be good or HD600/650 used; AD700 and MA9000 are good too. I am personally very interested in the shure SRH-1840. But we cant narrow it down until we no yourbudget

Thanks for the quick reply! My budget is between $200-$300 but I wanted to know the best in that price range because I'm aware of all the options in that range.

Jan 7, 2015 at 6:52 AM Post #388 of 439
Thanks for the quick reply! My budget is between $200-$300 but I wanted to know the best in that price range because I'm aware of all the options in that range.

try ultrasone dj one or dj one pro. they are closed, but could give the best soundstage in that price...
sennheiser 5XX series...
that would be it for soundstage.

i would give the upper hand to ultrasone when it comes to soundstage..

Jan 7, 2015 at 4:49 PM Post #389 of 439
  try ultrasone dj one or dj one pro. they are closed, but could give the best soundstage in that price...
sennheiser 5XX series...
that would be it for soundstage.

i would give the upper hand to ultrasone when it comes to soundstage..

OP specifically said open-backed so I guess options are:
Sennheiser 5-series and 6-series (used)
AKG 7-series (K7XX from massdrop or all the 7's used here)
Sony MA9000 (used)
Audio Technica AD5000/7000

Jan 7, 2015 at 9:10 PM Post #390 of 439

Philips Fidelio X2 is in the top of the range as well. Nice soundstage yet you must note that it has a warm sound signature relative to the AKGs (my preference)
:wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back