The Soundstage Head Club
Mar 16, 2015 at 8:02 AM Post #406 of 439
  Can someone recommend me a warm forward sounding headphones with wide soundstage??? THANKS!!!!

how much are you willing to spend?

sennheiser ie80? they have more soundstage than most headphones, and are warm.

warm, and soundstage is possible, but forward and soundstage depends on what you understand from forward..

for example, ultrasone sdj one pro ~300$ are kind of forward, and have soundstage similar to king of soundstage, hd800, but they are not warm, they are more like energic.

hd800 are neither warm nor forwards.

lcd series are warm, and have a nice sound, but the soundstage is more intimate than hd800 or ultrasone dj one pro.

i would try hd650 from sennheiser, they have a soundstage and are warm, even open, but less than ultrasone dj one pro.

Mar 16, 2015 at 10:33 AM Post #407 of 439
how much are you willing to spend?

sennheiser ie80? they have more soundstage than most headphones, and are warm.

warm, and soundstage is possible, but forward and soundstage depends on what you understand from forward..

for example, ultrasone sdj one pro ~300$ are kind of forward, and have soundstage similar to king of soundstage, hd800, but they are not warm, they are more like energic.

hd800 are neither warm nor forwards.

lcd series are warm, and have a nice sound, but the soundstage is more intimate than hd800 or ultrasone dj one pro.

i would try hd650 from sennheiser, they have a soundstage and are warm, even open, but less than ultrasone dj one pro.

Well, I actually have a rather flexible budget. But I guess the best estimate would be $500-$1000
Warm and forward as in warm yet aggressive sounding headphones

Mar 16, 2015 at 12:36 PM Post #408 of 439
Just reiterating, for forwardness, definitely the PM1 with the new alt-pads they offer (although there is some more upper midrange with these pads).
The nice thing about the PM1 is that you get the choice of the 3 different pads (for little money) to change the sound signature to 3 different flavors just in the areas you mention.
The HE500 had broader staging and is pretty warm, but the PM1 has the comfort thing covered hands down so that may be a big plus (and is nice and light also).
The HE500 is a great sounding phone that delivers way beyond its price.
I would call both of these phones fatigue-free for all music, if that is what you are looking for. 
(I'm reading between the lines that you have been burned by phones that had fatiguing highs.)

Mar 16, 2015 at 1:56 PM Post #409 of 439
Well, I actually have a rather flexible budget. But I guess the best estimate would be $500-$1000
Warm and forward as in warm yet aggressive sounding headphones

hd650 all the way.

i tested hifimans, they all sounded veiled in some ways, hd800 and ultrasone signature dj are not warm at all.

other kings of soundstage are in general not warm, as being warm and having a big soundstage kind of contradicts itself.

lcd-3, or lcd-2 could be great, but they do not have a very wide soundstage.

Also, about soundstage i wanted to say that we are all intrepreting soundstage wrong. there are 3 different things we name soundstage.

First, if sounds can come from any place around you, like a ball around you, the soundstage is at the max wide as possible

second, there is a depth of soundstage, but it is defined much more by the separation between instruments, so most of us take soundstage and separation as one thing

third, there is this thing where a v or u shaped sound, with mids pushed back, or airy treble is named soundstage.

hifiman he560 - good amount of soundstage, but thick, warm sound, in the final separation is almost not present at all, instruments to not identify as unique existences

my advice to anyone seeking advice is to go and listen for yourself. while i can recommend he560, hd650, and lcd2 and lcd3, if you do not listen with your ears, you will never know what fits you well.. all of them are warm, have a decent soundstage, but all of them are kind if not all the way laid back. it is not a bad thing, the sound is extremely enjoyable.

Mar 27, 2015 at 3:13 AM Post #410 of 439
I've read the Superlux 681 has a bigger soundstage than 668b.  I have fa-003 but haven't compared to those Superlux.  Does either Superlux belong in this thread, or are they not even close to the other recommended heaphones?

Mar 27, 2015 at 4:41 AM Post #411 of 439
  I've read the Superlux 681 has a bigger soundstage than 668b.  I have fa-003 but haven't compared to those Superlux.  Does either Superlux belong in this thread, or are they not even close to the other recommended heaphones?

i had not heared superlux headphones, but considering price, if you listen, and are happy with the soundstage, that is good.

Dec 2, 2015 at 1:52 PM Post #415 of 439
Any recommendations for a headphone or IEM for around $100 or less that has a large soundstage, bass slam for pop music (kick drum), sexy female vocals (semi-forward), accurate tone, without sibilance, and easy to drive (cellphone/laptop)?

Dec 2, 2015 at 2:24 PM Post #416 of 439
  Any recommendations for a headphone or IEM for around $100 or less that has a large soundstage, bass slam for pop music (kick drum), sexy female vocals (semi-forward), accurate tone, without sibilance, and easy to drive (cellphone/laptop)?

The DUNU Titan 1. 

Dec 2, 2015 at 3:24 PM Post #417 of 439
Dec 16, 2015 at 12:45 PM Post #418 of 439
  Try the Shure SRH1540, IMO for a closed back it has a massive soundstage. If it pairs well with the HDVA 600, I would have one. Sadly, with the HDVA 600 the bass sounds loose and bloated, but soundstage-wise, it is an impressive performer.

edit: I should say, with my smartphone the bass is not loose and bloated. The HDVA 600 has an output impedance of 43 ohms, which might be the cause of the Shure's bloated bass.

im just listening to a 1540 and im a little bit disappointed, i guess they need an amp to get the best out of the soundstage?
just listening via macbook and smartphone//tablet and its nowhere like the soundmagic hp100/150 that i had.
"massive" sounds like you can compare them to a good open one, which i dont think so.
but again, maybe the soundstage is only with an amp.. im giving them away again i guess.

Dec 28, 2015 at 7:16 AM Post #419 of 439
Denon AH D600 has been mentioned but does anyone have feedback on the soundstage of the AH-MM400?  It is also part of Denon's music maniac line.  I have not seen a ton of reviews on it, but that also may be due to the fact that it's not available anywhere I can find to demo it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back