The Soundstage Head Club
Sep 15, 2013 at 9:38 AM Post #213 of 439
In case any one cares, a pair of w1000x pads on a 2012 V1 Sound Magic Hp 100 [there are bass heavy and bass light versions sadly, I have the bass light] adds a wonderful focus and increase of depth n width to the cans! 

Sep 15, 2013 at 9:54 PM Post #215 of 439
  what would be an upgrade from ex-1000 in terms of soundstage??

I don't use IEMs so unfortunately I can't help there :\

Maybe somebody else with more IEM experience could answer...

Sep 16, 2013 at 1:14 AM Post #216 of 439
It's pretty simple actually. If the ex-1000 is very detailed, then the imaging will be very good, almost like a soundstage, but almost any full-sized headphone regarded for it's soundstage will sound more out-of-your-head. Like, with the Etymotic ER•6i, binaural recordings sounded hauntingly real, and it was easy to tell when something was further from the mic so you could imagine a soundstage, but never quite sounded like you were there and these things are in your room, even a grand orchestra was laid out inside your head.

Sep 16, 2013 at 1:15 PM Post #218 of 439
I take imaging for ability to separate the different sound notes and soundstage for ability to  recreate recording environment ,

PS : still learning

Are there portable HPs with removable cables with ability to satisfy soundstage addicted head-fier.

Sep 17, 2013 at 2:02 AM Post #219 of 439
so , a detailed iem should have wide soundstage

That's not what I mean... Detailed IEM lets you hear the character of the room and relative placement of separate instruments, but they don't have the soundstage to make those instruments sound like they're playing in the room with you. For example, I am listening to my new K712's, and I just heard a background effect I never particularly noticed in a song before, I thought my mom was doing something behind me it sounded so real. But with an IEM, at least the ones I've heard, everything seems to eminate from between your ears inside your skull, an internal soundstage.

Sep 25, 2013 at 6:02 AM Post #220 of 439
I'm pretty new to the soundstage scene... Read my inventory and you'll see only one iem worth mentioning, my rhapsodio r2ls. They have a very very wide soundstage (IMHO) and depth is on par, if not just slightly lagging behind width. All this and yet, vocals seem to always stay intimate and are the center of the soundstage. They do a really good job of placing back up vocals and the other instruments in a song at all the right places. I'm still trying to get used to it though, coming from an atrio MG7. Although they aren't horrible soundstage wise, they aren't good either. The r2l's instrument placing, eg drums behind me and slightly towards my left, acoustic guitar at my far right and also behind me, while having two separate electric guitars playing at the far ends of the soundstage while still being projected out and also staying out of the way of the vocals in the centre of a song just stuns me and I look forward to listening to new and complimentary songs on my iem every single day. Recommendation wise, other than my own R2ls, I'd recommend ath-ck100pro, sennheiser ie800, tdk ie800, tdk ba200, klipsch x10i, fitear f111, ety hf5, UE tf10 and ue900. Haven't tried much( actually I've tried sr009 but it's up there already ) headphones so Ive got nothing.

Subbed.

Sean

Nov 9, 2013 at 9:46 AM Post #224 of 439
  do you guys think theres a difference in sound stage between the AKG Q 701  AND THE AKG K702? or are they the same ?

They're pretty similar but the Q701 tends to sound slightly more intimate due to it's slightly warmer sound.

Nov 9, 2013 at 10:54 AM Post #225 of 439
Soundstage club, uses headphones. Plebs, real men use speakers. :p just wandering though, what do you guys use for movies, headphones or speakers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back