The Sony S638f....My little review.....Its awesome!
Nov 19, 2008 at 2:33 AM Post #121 of 197
I love the sound of my clip, it is an awesome player for the price and especially the size. I am spending some hard earned cash on this Sony player though, you can't beat a bit of Sony bling and extra storage space every now and then. I am really looking forward to this player after reading some of your impressions on the sounds it pushes out.

Nov 19, 2008 at 3:25 AM Post #122 of 197
From what I've read so far, I think I might actually end up liking the way the Clip sounds better than the Sony, but I'm not so sure since I haven't been getting enough replies lately to really make up my mind.

In terms of soundstage alone, how do they compare with one another?

Maybe I'll check out the one I don't buy now sometime in the summer if I'm not already broke from my guitar investments. And once again, when is Best Buy getting the 8gb Clip?

Nov 19, 2008 at 3:49 AM Post #123 of 197
Quote:

Originally Posted by camembert /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone using the CX500 care to say whether the bass is any clearer?
3d779cae2d46cf6a8a99a35ba4167977.gif
k701smile.gif

I read somewhere here that cx95s are good enough. I've tried a friend's CX95 against my cx500, the 95 has better soundstage and a more punchier bass.

EDIT : Tried it on a third gen nano though

Nov 24, 2008 at 9:10 PM Post #124 of 197
Just got mine in from AMP UK. It was shipped in a rather flimsy bubble wrap envelope and the box was dented in multiple places. The player does sound better on first play than previous gen Sonys, more listening will tell if there's a significant difference...

Nov 25, 2008 at 6:47 AM Post #125 of 197
Hi everyone,

Does this sony player have on the go playlists? Does any current Sony player have them? How well does the Senseme thing work? If it's anything like the Genius feature, it will suck.

I do highly value good sound quality, though. But I like on the go playlists.

Nov 25, 2008 at 9:36 AM Post #126 of 197
AFAIK, no.

Edit: Slightly OT, to anyone from the UK who ordered from Amazon UK, have you received your Walkmans yet? They dispatched on Monday last week and we haven't got them yet. It is frustrating and going to the depot to check last night was a futile experience...

In other news Amazon UK has reduced the price of the red version to £88, previously it was the only 16GB S639 that was priced at £99.

Also, play.com has priced matched their stock of S639 with Amazon. £88. Unfortunately like Amazon UK they do not deliver electronic products to any international destinations.

Nov 26, 2008 at 12:49 AM Post #128 of 197
I've been playing with mine for a day now and I can't belief the sound enhancement settings this unit has, do people actually use this stuff???

-playback range (what is this???)
-equalizer
-VPT (surround)
-DSEE (sound enhance)
-clear stereo
-dynamic normalizer

confused_face.gif

Nov 26, 2008 at 3:26 PM Post #131 of 197
Quote:

Originally Posted by Meta-Fi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mine just arrived today :]
I'll post my impressions of it v.s. D2, Zen, Nano if anyone is interested.

Yes, please. That would help a lot of people.

Nov 26, 2008 at 4:33 PM Post #132 of 197
Hello all. I've been pouring through this thread and other Sony ones. I see everyone is taking advantage of the deal at Advanced mp3 players for the Sony 639f. I want to get my first Sony player. Is the 639f a good choice for my introduction to Sony or should I consider a 828/829 or any other model? Thanks in advance.

Nov 26, 2008 at 8:00 PM Post #133 of 197
Both players are pretty identical as they share the same UI and are drag & drops. Of the two models, it depends on what you seek in a player. If wireless Bluetooth stereo is required then go for the A82x series.

Apart from Bluetooth, the S63x series has more features like FM, podcast support, themes, slimmer design and WMV DRM support (e.g. BBC iPlayer). It is also reported that it has less hiss than previous Walkman models.

Nov 26, 2008 at 10:34 PM Post #134 of 197
Thanks walkingman. I guess I wanted to confirm the diffs btwn the two models. Bluetooth capability is not so important to me so I'll probably get a player from the S63x series.

Nov 27, 2008 at 6:45 AM Post #135 of 197
Been messing around with the Sony player for a while. I miss the great screen quality and huge album art of the iPod Nano 4G, but the tradeoff is for a very noticeably improved EQ (one which actually works).

One thing that I've noticed is that I can't find the capacity of the player? I haven't found a place where I can see how much space I have used. Anybody know how? =S

Users who are viewing this thread

Back