The Sony S638f....My little review.....Its awesome!
Nov 27, 2008 at 12:03 PM Post #136 of 197
No, for some weird reason, the remaining memory available is hidden. Only information on total capacity, firmware version, total number of music, video and photos etc are available.

I saw nano 4G before and i think Sony has better screen in term of clarity and color reproduction. But i seldom look at the screen anyway
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 27, 2008 at 12:11 PM Post #137 of 197
@urabus

-playback range
limit the files playback to either all files, by folder etc

-equalizer
dont bother, i like as it is

-VPT (surround)
dont bother either

-DSEE (sound enhance)
dont bother either

-clear stereo
dont bother either

-dynamic normalizer
i turned it on as some audio files are not properly normalized. this function actually work well, reduce the need for you to adjust the volume frequently if your audio files have different volume level.

Nov 27, 2008 at 12:37 PM Post #138 of 197
Hm the normalizer wouldn't decrease audio quality in any way would it?

I would definitely give thye iPod screen the upper hand. It's glass as well. Maybe it's because I have screen protector installed on the plastic Sony screen because I'm more cautious of ruining it.

Nov 27, 2008 at 2:51 PM Post #140 of 197
Quote:

Originally Posted by 4saken /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hm the normalizer wouldn't decrease audio quality in any way would it?

I would definitely give thye iPod screen the upper hand. It's glass as well. Maybe it's because I have screen protector installed on the plastic Sony screen because I'm more cautious of ruining it.

No the normaliser doesn't decrease sound quality at all,if anything it makes it sound fuller. It is a superb idea,and since it first appeared its been getting better and better.
On the new S series its absolutely wonderful,and really works well.
Probably sony's best ever idea to put in a walkman.

Nov 27, 2008 at 3:34 PM Post #141 of 197
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beyerfan70 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No the normaliser doesn't decrease sound quality at all,if anything it makes it sound fuller. It is a superb idea,and since it first appeared its been getting better and better.
On the new S series its absolutely wonderful,and really works well.
Probably sony's best ever idea to put in a walkman.

Yes I agree 100% it's the only thing I use on my walkman.

Nov 27, 2008 at 5:49 PM Post #143 of 197
Quote:

Originally Posted by toughnut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@urabus

-playback range
limit the files playback to either all files, by folder etc

thanks, i actually bothered to read the instruction last night to get a better understanding of all the settings, but personally i'm one of those leave everything "flat" kind of guy. I read and re-read the playback range function and it still doesn't register as to what it does, oh well no lose as the unit works fine wherever that is set to.

Regarding normalizer feature that's being discussed, if I transfer audio that already has ReplayGain tagged, will this take care of normalizing the volume already?

I been using the S639 & e500 with everything set to flat and love the sound. Really nice lows and no hiss that i can detect. I'm glad I returned the E438 that i had bought a couple of weeks ago, this S-series is a definite upgrade to the E-series in feel and added features.

Jan 7, 2009 at 6:11 AM Post #144 of 197
I'm new to the forum and this is my first post. I was going to buy the 8G version before reading these posts, now I'm thrilled about the prospect of getting the 16G player from advMP3 for essentially the same price. My question is this: will the US power adapter work with the UK version of the player?

Jan 7, 2009 at 4:30 PM Post #146 of 197
Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzztronic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm new to the forum and this is my first post. I was going to buy the 8G version before reading these posts, now I'm thrilled about the prospect of getting the 16G player from advMP3 for essentially the same price. My question is this: will the US power adapter work with the UK version of the player?

Yes it will, jump on this now before the sale is over. With the exchange rate and a 5% coupon (see other thread- advanced discounts). It cost me 127.00 and some change shipped. Thats a great price on a sweet dap. I believe the 8 gig from the sony store is 149.99 and you get taxed.

Jan 8, 2009 at 1:42 PM Post #147 of 197
alot people claims that S639 and S730 "EQ and SQ" is the same, as far as i know those countries have S639 will not have S739, any one here have seriusly make a pair by pair audition please advise, Thanks

Jan 8, 2009 at 1:54 PM Post #148 of 197
They are the same. I demo'ed the S739 and S639 side by side in the local Sony and they are identical.

They are both available in the UK, though the S739 not as widely available as the S639.

Jan 10, 2009 at 2:33 AM Post #150 of 197
Hi,
I'm looking forward to buy a S639F, but I've found the bellow post describing a strange problem in this model:
no right ear stereo sound on NWZ S639F - Sony Walkman - abi>>forums

Anyone else has this issue?
TIA

-EDIT-
There's no problem in the S639F.
I've tested a S639F, FW1.11, with Bohemian Rhapsody and it plays just fine.
I can hear when the music goes only to left channel and only to right channel.
It must be a problem with his mp3 file.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back