The Somic Thread--50mm driver open air full size cans pop out of nowhere, sound amazing
May 20, 2015 at 10:33 AM Post #556 of 698
  Some times i uses E17k and my Apple ipod combo and it sounds same to me. I don't think that it is hard to drive but a amp is preferable for better overall sound. 
And about Hd 650.
it is better then MH463 but 463 has more engaging and enjoyable sound signature.
so yes it is better then Hd650 on my opinion.

The pioneer are also interesting, although the dudes who are selling them on ebay don't ship to Brazil, while I can get the Somic with free shipping on aliexpress...
Thanks! I'll probably get the Somic

May 20, 2015 at 10:40 AM Post #557 of 698
Good Luck.
And remember it requires 150 hours of burn-in time to show it's true potential. but you will start hearing the difference after 10 hours. so don't be disappointed when you 1st hear it because it won't sound very good out of the box. Burn-in is a must for these cans.I burned in for 250 hours then i started to use it for listening and i was blown away. I had a habit of listening to Hd650 now it is MH463.Even now i am listening to 463.Happy Listening and share you thoughts , it will help others to decide.
L3000.gif

May 26, 2015 at 8:59 AM Post #558 of 698
  Good Luck.
And remember it requires 150 hours of burn-in time to show it's true potential. but you will start hearing the difference after 10 hours. so don't be disappointed when you 1st hear it because it won't sound very good out of the box. Burn-in is a must for these cans.I burned in for 250 hours then i started to use it for listening and i was blown away. I had a habit of listening to Hd650 now it is MH463.Even now i am listening to 463.Happy Listening and share you thoughts , it will help others to decide.
L3000.gif

how are they compared to Takstars?? I have Pro80 and people compare them with many hi end headphones.

Jun 5, 2015 at 11:53 PM Post #560 of 698
What about the super cheap MH539?

http://pt.aliexpress.com/item/Somic-MH539-NEW-Original-Brand-High-Definition-Fashion-Music-Headphone-3-5mm-Earphone-Headset-For-iPhone/32335495883.html?isOrig=true#extend

Bet they broke in some minutes 
deadhorse.gif

Jun 6, 2015 at 10:42 PM Post #561 of 698

how are they compared to Takstars?? I have Pro80 and people compare them with many hi end headphones.

Own both of them, MH463 is superior in every way. The first thing you notice on the first listen is the spacious sound stage and bass which the Pro 80 really lacks. Some people say it's flat and neutral but for me it felt like it was almost nonexistent compared to other cans I had. It actually surprised me that the MH463 sounds so much more detailed, especially since the Takstars were so hyped so I assumed they had no competition at that price.

Jun 7, 2015 at 10:08 AM Post #562 of 698
  Own both of them, MH463 is superior in every way. The first thing you notice on the first listen is the spacious sound stage and bass which the Pro 80 really lacks. Some people say it's flat and neutral but for me it felt like it was almost nonexistent compared to other cans I had. It actually surprised me that the MH463 sounds so much more detailed, especially since the Takstars were so hyped so I assumed they had no competition at that price.

Man........you will be the reason to make another hole to my wallet
triportsad.gif

Jun 7, 2015 at 11:31 AM Post #563 of 698

It sounds to me from your description thay the MH463 is really bassy (since I found the Pro80's to have nice bass impact ). I think I'll pass on them after alk since it doesn't sound as something I'd enjoy.

Jun 10, 2015 at 9:31 AM Post #564 of 698
Who said it is bassy . i am not saying it does not have bass. It only as much bass as it is present in your song. Like if you are litening to hip-hop and expecting it to be bass shy then you will be dissepointed. But if you are listining to classic you won't find it bassy at all. pro 80 is a closed back phone and this one is open. It's hard to find a open phone in twice of this budget which even have shatisfying bass let alone over bass.

Jun 11, 2015 at 8:19 AM Post #566 of 698
Who said it is bassy . i am not saying it does not have bass. It only as much bass as it is present in your song. Like if you are litening to hip-hop and expecting it to be bass shy then you will be dissepointed. But if you are listining to classic you won't find it bassy at all. pro 80 is a closed back phone and this one is open. It's hard to find a open phone in twice of this budget which even have shatisfying bass let alone over bass.

Eh, the guy I quoted states that he find the Pro80's to really lack bass and that the MH463 fix this. Since I find the bass on the Pro80's to be pretty good it lead me to believe that the MH463 has to much bass for my preference.

Jun 11, 2015 at 8:32 AM Post #567 of 698
Bass in open back is different then close back because close back have cave like sound but in open back you get natural sound. Don't worry just go for it and be ready to buy some extra ear earpad because stock one gets hot very fast.

Jun 11, 2015 at 8:35 AM Post #568 of 698
Eh, the guy I quoted states that he find the Pro80's to really lack bass and that the MH463 fix this. Since I find the bass on the Pro80's to be pretty good it lead me to believe that the MH463 has to much bass for my preference.

May be he got defective pro80 or bad source.i use minimum fiio e17k for portable use. And asus xoner one muses edition for my hd650 and hd800.

Jun 11, 2015 at 10:35 AM Post #569 of 698
May be he got defective pro80 or bad source.i use minimum fiio e17k for portable use. And asus xoner one muses edition for my hd650 and hd800.

Fair point. Or we just hear them differently, if so there's always a chance that we hear the MH463 differently as well :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back