The Snow Day Appreciation Thread
Mar 2, 2007 at 3:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

derekbmn

Headphoneus Supremus
So I have another day off from work because of the crazy weather ....and i'm darn happy !!! I have all day to listen to music and well...not work.
A thread for all people who love getting the day off from work ,school etc. because of snow and or bad weather.
icon10.gif

Mar 2, 2007 at 3:59 PM Post #2 of 22
Had the day at home yesterday because of the snow. Had to work though, but spent the working day with some phones on!

Mar 2, 2007 at 5:12 PM Post #4 of 22
You're a day late. We got our blizzard in Omaha yesterday which allowed me to take a day from work. Now today I'm back at work after a horrible 60 minute drive to work (normally 20) on unplowed interstate and highway.

Mar 2, 2007 at 5:19 PM Post #5 of 22
Here in DC, we only seem to get enough snow to make the commute miserable........and it's ALREADY MISERABLE!!!!

We have to get like two feet of snow, for the government to shut down.

Mar 2, 2007 at 7:03 PM Post #9 of 22
Looking out the window right now. Palm trees, clear blue sky, about 72 degrees. Yay California.
biggrin.gif
If it snowed even 1/16", everything would shut down because we don't have the means to remove it or deal with it (no one has tire chains, snow plows, snow shovels, snowmobiles, etc.).

Mar 2, 2007 at 8:04 PM Post #10 of 22
In Norway we don't get the day of because of some snow or bad weather. But if we were, then I would spend most of the day listening to music.

Mar 2, 2007 at 8:28 PM Post #12 of 22
We don't get snow days in Alaska.

However, if the temperature drops below -50 degrees, some campus professors may consider cancelling class.

Mar 2, 2007 at 8:33 PM Post #13 of 22
No snow day here...though I took the day off so I could shovel the snow/ice pellets. Two hours later, I'm dead tired and readyf or a massage.

I hate snow. Why do I live in Canada again?

Mar 2, 2007 at 8:42 PM Post #14 of 22
We don't get snow days in summer, so there's no snow day today...

But when there is, there normally ends up to be not much snow fall, but manages to make country-wide news and loads of excitement. Getting day's off school on snow-days is AWESOME!

I feel sad for the poor sheep down in southland though... Every year that it snows, farmers crops and livestock get pwnt.

Mar 2, 2007 at 8:44 PM Post #15 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlendaleViper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Working Canadians don't get snow days. We're too salty. Apparently.
frown.gif

Well, in Toronto, it's because you bring the military in to dig you out instead...
rolleyes.gif

tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back