The Snow Day Appreciation Thread
Mar 2, 2007 at 8:45 PM Post #16 of 22
Today was a snow day for the University of Waterloo! And I got out of not one, but TWO midterms which were scheduled only ~60 minutes apart. I was walking to school with must have been a grim, determined look on my face, psyching myself up for my morning exams, when a nice plant & operations guy told me the astonishing news. Come to think of it, at 8.15 the university seemed unusually quiet
biggrin.gif
. Best part is that snow days are very rare, and we've had three in this term so far, with the second being only yesterday!

Mar 2, 2007 at 8:54 PM Post #18 of 22
IMO, couple of snow days in waterloo has been pretty unnecessary if you ask me. I walked outside today and honestly it wasn't bad at all.

It hasn't been that cold last few winters but there has been way more snow days. There's been more snow days this term than when I was in school from 99-06 when we've only had two snow days - one in Dec. 2000 and one in Feb. 2006.

I'm just mad cuz i still have to come to work :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by vagarach /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Today was a snow day for the University of Waterloo! And I got out of not one, but TWO midterms which were scheduled only ~60 minutes apart. I was walking to school with must have been a grim, determined look on my face, psyching myself up for my morning exams, when a nice plant & operations guy told me the astonishing news. Come to think of it, at 8.15 the university seemed unusually quiet
biggrin.gif
. Best part is that snow days are very rare, and we've had three in this term so far, with the second being only yesterday!

Mar 2, 2007 at 9:17 PM Post #19 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by jayehs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IMO, couple of snow days in waterloo has been pretty unnecessary if you ask me. I walked outside today and honestly it wasn't bad at all.

It hasn't been that cold last few winters but there has been way more snow days. There's been more snow days this term than when I was in school from 99-06 when we've only had two snow days - one in Dec. 2000 and one in Feb. 2006.

I'm just mad cuz i still have to come to work :p

When I was in undergrad (heck all through university) the only time I had off because of weather was the ice storm and we were off for a week in Kingston. Other than that...we trecked through the muck.

Mar 3, 2007 at 12:08 AM Post #20 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by nibiyabi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looking out the window right now. Palm trees, clear blue sky, about 72 degrees. Yay California.
biggrin.gif
If it snowed even 1/16", everything would shut down because we don't have the means to remove it or deal with it (no one has tire chains, snow plows, snow shovels, snowmobiles, etc.).

Haha... I know what you mean. The town that my parents worked in and us kids went to school in when I was growing up was right at the altitude where it would snow a couple times a year, but was mostly very warm. Everytime a flake would make it to the ground without melting the school officials would close the school.
icon10.gif
My family actually lived 30 miles North of that town where the altitude was over 1000ft. higher and it snowed frequenlty during the winter months.

Mar 3, 2007 at 12:48 AM Post #21 of 22
LOL - we had two snow days this year. The first one, the whole city closed down because of a snow warning & it never even snowed!! The second it did actually snow a bit but was gone by lunch time!! But any unusual weather & we are doomed! We don't even have a drainage system b/c we so seldom get rain. When it really does rain a little we flood very quickly. So any weather that isn't sunshine totally messes with us in the desert!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back