the shure srh750dj headphones dfistort to much. please help me.
Feb 24, 2011 at 7:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

bcasey25raptor

Aka: Brycon Casey
aka mental patient
aka Enter Darkness
aka Shurefan
aka reaperofaudio
aka everyone knows
aka very funny
ok so the problem is that all they do is distort. they are very clear but i cannot stand the distortion i think i got a dud. or it needs an amp but everyone tells me it doesn't need it. im ticked off because my $60 pioneer se m390 headphones sound better. and they were 1/3 the price. if the more expensive i go sounds this bad then i am giving up on high end audio. the higher up i go it just gets worse. and i highly doubt its the music because every song and ever genre does it. these were supposed to be good with electronic. yet electronic distorts more then anything. if i got a dud how can i get a new one. i feel as though i purchased a $150 paper weight. 
for those wondering im using the 6g ipod classic(2007 model), ipod nano 2g, ipod touch 2g 2009 model, my netbook with a realtek audio card(ironically sounds best of all devices but doesnt get very loud), and my laptop with a conexant card(sounds worst) all devices distort to much while my pioneer se m390 headphones do not. although my pioneers sound very muddy to me and this makes me avoid them and keeps me using the shures.

for those wondering on a few songs that distort

that song is master of distortion thats all i hear.

when he sings the chorus COUNTING BODIES LIKE SHEEP it distorts. mainly when he says SHEEP. also i hear crackling throughout the song

same thing crackling throughout the song and the high vocals are distorted. the mids and highs on every song seem to distort and i am sick of it.

how good is shures warranty and will they replace my unit. im and 30% sure i have a dud. that or these headphones really suck.
thank you.

Feb 24, 2011 at 8:01 PM Post #4 of 12

Quote:
Get a better source, and how can you hear distortion through all that horrible screaming?

its not that bad if you have headphones taht dont distort. all hear hear is distortion. and i was praising them because they were the first pair of serious headphones i got. but i just got around to listening to my pioneer sem390 which no one on hear seems to have heard and i was amazed at how much better they sounded.

Feb 24, 2011 at 8:52 PM Post #6 of 12

Quote:
Do you use an equalizer?

on my computer no. on my ipod yes. i use the treble booster because without it it sounds much worse on my ipods.

Feb 24, 2011 at 9:13 PM Post #8 of 12
Feb 24, 2011 at 10:00 PM Post #10 of 12

Quote:
I just listened to the first song you listed. No clipping there for me.

Do you get the same distortion when not using the equalizer?

i get the opposite it sounds better eqed

Feb 28, 2011 at 4:27 PM Post #12 of 12
i just thought i would let you know of this problem i noticed. i find the right ear distorts more then the left ear. i am certain i got a dud but how do i know shure will send me a new one. i am really curious as to how good their warranty support is and how loyal they are to their customers. anyone have any experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back