The Shenzhen Benjie BJ-T6 / AGPtek Rocker
Nov 29, 2019 at 2:25 PM Post #752 of 775
Well, that just sounds like you have a faulty battery and not something that's indicative of the entire production line.

I've had mine for close to 2 years and I consistently get 8+ hours while fiddling with it a lot. Which is still bad, don't get me wrong (I'm probably gonna get a Plenue D because of this issue). But 8 hours is a far cry from 2 hours.

What I ended up doing was finding a battery with the same voltage but 3x as much power, removed the old one and soldered it in. It looks like crap and it's no longer portable (I have other players for that anyway) and it should work for a real long time. Unless this battery is faulty too.

SAM_3008.JPG

Dec 5, 2019 at 3:43 PM Post #753 of 775
What I ended up doing was finding a battery with the same voltage but 3x as much power, removed the old one and soldered it in. It looks like crap and it's no longer portable (I have other players for that anyway) and it should work for a real long time. Unless this battery is faulty too.

Modding by replacing the battery like this actually doesn't seem like a bad idea. Since the back of my player broke today revealing easy access to the insides (I stupidly pulled off a pop socket too hard cracking the back. Then fixed it by making makeshift replacement back out of plastic) I'm considering doing this myself. I can always buy a new Benjie T6 off of Aliexpress for ~$30.

I'm going to see if I can find a battery the same thickness as the original so that I can close it back up and have longer battery life plus portability.

Edit: Looks like this one might work

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/283663942367

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2019 at 7:48 PM Post #754 of 775
Modding by replacing the battery like this actually doesn't seem like a bad idea. Since the back of my player broke today revealing easy access to the insides (I stupidly pulled off a pop socket too hard cracking the back. Then fixed it by making makeshift replacement back out of plastic) I'm considering doing this myself. I can always buy a new Benjie T6 off of Aliexpress for ~$30.

I'm going to see if I can find a battery the same thickness as the original so that I can close it back up and have longer battery life plus portability.

Edit: Looks like this one might work

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/283663942367

Maybe. It's 5mm thick, the default battery (if my memory is correct) is 2mm. This one is on my bookmarks, haven't ordered it yet. It's not small enough but it claims to have 2000mah:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3-7V-2000m...Rechargeable-Battery-for-Arduino/202678652180

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2019 at 8:18 PM Post #755 of 775
Last edited:
Dec 6, 2019 at 6:08 AM Post #756 of 775
Last edited:
Mar 14, 2020 at 10:36 AM Post #757 of 775
This is the closest fitting one I’ve found (1000mAh).
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/143358724538

A little more than double the thickness, but the original battery doesn’t take up all the space so it might actually fit at 4.8mm x 30mm x 60mm.

How have things panned out with this?

I had not used my T6 for a year. Was anyone else having charging issues of any sorts?
It seems I have likely bricked mine.

I can't get any usb cable to work with the device for charging, and now it will no longer power on (as the battery is completely dry).
Am still searching around to see if i can find the original cable, but I don't believe it will solve the problem.

I will likely take it apart and tinker around.

Any advice on how to figure out if the problem is with the battery itself, or with something else?

Mar 14, 2020 at 11:20 AM Post #758 of 775

I had not used my T6 for a year. Was anyone else having charging issues of any sorts?
It seems I have likely bricked mine.

I can't get any usb cable to work with the device for charging, and now it will no longer power on (as the battery is completely dry).
Am still searching around to see if i can find the original cable, but I don't believe it will solve the problem.

I will likely take it apart and tinker around.

Any advice on how to figure out if the problem is with the battery itself, or with something else?

How did it die?
I've some problems with the headphone jack; ripped pads, had to dig the insulation layer to the copper trace; it works on constant charging now but the codec chip gets real hot, hot as you may get burned touching it. You should start from there, use a suction cup to pull the back out. Plugin the charging cable and see if the codec gets hot, it might be a design flaw or manufacture defect that causes an active short.

Sep 9, 2020 at 12:00 PM Post #762 of 775

I never ended up buying the bigger battery and trying to replace it. I still have the makeshift plastic back on my player so I can easily open it up if I want to attempt this. But the original battery is still working fine with decent battery life and I just haven't had the desire to swap it. Also, being stuck working at home for the foreseeable future I no longer have a commute and can just use the player plugged in most of the time I use it (also, I usually just take my iPhone and AirPods Pro when I go for a run or something).

If/when I ever do upgrade the battery, I'll post about it here.

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2021 at 10:45 AM Post #763 of 775
Here's a closer look at the battery for anyone interested. Still haven't attempted to replace it with a bigger battery, as none of the ones I've found seem like they'll fit very well. When the battery in this eventually dies, I'll look into replacing it so that I can keep this device alive indefinitely.

IMG_2635.png

In the mean time, I've just purchased an AGPTEK Rocker v2 to replace this old Benjie T6. T6s and Rockers have become scarce in the past couple months, with Aliexpress even having low or no stock, and charging ~$75 when they are in stock. I was happy to find a discounted Rocker on Walmart.com for $40. There's one left for anyone interested (Edit: It was bumped up to $41 and there's two available now). When it arrives next week I'll probably post here showing it off as I get it all set up and Rockbox it (Edit: Decided not to Rockbox my new one, it'll be my dedicated hi-res FLAC player with the AGPTek firmware and my old one will be my Rockbox mp3 player). This has been my favorite DAP of the past few years, and I want to keep mine alive as long as possible, and I'm sad to see the product being discontinued (if anyone knows of any similar or better product, that has bluetooth, that can also run Rockbox, let me know!)

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2021 at 11:23 AM Post #764 of 775
Here's a closer look at the battery for anyone interested. Still haven't attempted to replace it with a bigger battery, as none of the ones I've found seem like they'll fit very well. When the battery in this eventually dies, I'll look into replacing it so that I can keep this device alive indefinitely.

IMG_2635.png

In the mean time, I've just purchased an AGPTEK Rocker v2 to replace this old Benjie T6. T6s and Rockers have become scarce in the past couple months, with Aliexpress even having low or no stock, and charging ~$75 when they are in stock. I was happy to find a discounted Rocker on Walmart.com for $40. There's one left for anyone interested. When it arrives next week I'll probably post here showing it off as I get it all set up and Rockbox it. This has been my favorite DAP of the past few years, and I want to keep mine alive as long as possible, and I'm sad to see the product being discontinued (if anyone knows of any similar or better product, that has bluetooth, that can also run Rockbox, let me know!)

Nice call and not grabbing both the last ones, I was so happy when I got my T6 way back when and discovering it sounded just like my S5's I ordered a backup :wink: I run mine with the XduooXQ-10 and love it, almost a pure pass-thru but with more juice:grin: The XQ-10 is a Tiny Boom and a few rungs above my old Tiny Boom the BW AP001:beerchug:

Tiny Boom.JPG

Man I've had this original (and still perfect) T6 for so long now, here it is when I first got it with the original TFZ S1's:astonished: This has always been one of my favorite shots but as many know the non-detachable cable TFZ used tarn horribly to the point I could not take it and think I just gifted them off to someone:rolling_eyes:

T6 S1s.JPG

Jan 5, 2021 at 12:02 PM Post #765 of 775
I was just posting this setup over in the KZ thread but I have a total of $112 invested in this rig (Benjie X6, KZ BA-10 w/Tripowin 16 core and seriously I've some setup's worth over $300 that can't compare. I credit these Chi-Fi companies for making rapid and substantial improvements in record time! Not to mention gaining at the same pace on the big name brands :wink:

112 Delivers.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back