The Shenzhen Benjie BJ-T6 / AGPtek Rocker
May 18, 2019 at 11:32 AM Post #736 of 775
Can someone repost the modified 1.2 firmware for thoose who have problem while updating 1.08/K1-^^failed. All links above are deleted or for premium users and this on post #727 is failes too. Thks

Last edited:
May 20, 2019 at 4:24 AM Post #738 of 775
Sep 30, 2019 at 12:44 AM Post #740 of 775
Does Benjie t6 support rockbox??
Sorry my bad English
Yes, read my older post for modded firmware. However, consider your purchase carefully. Benjie does not control quality very well, mine came with improperly soldered headphone jack and upon resolder attempt the pads came off with the jack. They also use lots of glue

Sep 30, 2019 at 4:26 AM Post #742 of 775
Yes, read my older post for modded firmware. However, consider your purchase carefully. Benjie does not control quality very well, mine came with improperly soldered headphone jack and upon resolder attempt the pads came off with the jack. They also use lots of glue
That's sad to hear. No wonder the headphone jack died on my S5 after a year or so. It's still a worthy purchase though.

Sep 30, 2019 at 5:48 AM Post #743 of 775
I've already bought it, now I'm currently on firmware 1.07 beta, what should I do first for rockbox?

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2019 at 4:17 AM Post #744 of 775
That's sad to hear. No wonder the headphone jack died on my S5 after a year or so. It's still a worthy purchase though.
Fixing it is very simple. Refer to this article https://makercorner.blogspot.com/2017/08/benjie-s5agptek-m20-music-player-review.html to know where to open the player. You can see the jack is very incompetently soldered, be it unintentional or intentional. If you have access to a decent solder station you should be able to fix it in 3 minutes. I used a knock off Hakko station that can pump out 60W which I got for $20.

Oct 4, 2019 at 2:58 AM Post #746 of 775
Fixing it is very simple. Refer to this article https://makercorner.blogspot.com/2017/08/benjie-s5agptek-m20-music-player-review.html to know where to open the player. You can see the jack is very incompetently soldered, be it unintentional or intentional. If you have access to a decent solder station you should be able to fix it in 3 minutes. I used a knock off Hakko station that can pump out 60W which I got for $20.
I donated my music player to someone. Sounds like too much work for a $25 a player for an average consumer. :wink:

Nov 23, 2019 at 8:29 PM Post #749 of 775
I've had my player for about a year now. The battery life is terrible, about 2 hours before it's dead. If I leave the player alone for an extended period, the battery is dead. Recommend a Sansa e200 series over this one, batteries are easily replaceable and very cheap, lasts 8+ hours.

Nov 25, 2019 at 7:46 PM Post #750 of 775
I've had my player for about a year now. The battery life is terrible, about 2 hours before it's dead. If I leave the player alone for an extended period, the battery is dead. Recommend a Sansa e200 series over this one, batteries are easily replaceable and very cheap, lasts 8+ hours.

Well, that just sounds like you have a faulty battery and not something that's indicative of the entire production line.

I've had mine for close to 2 years and I consistently get 8+ hours while fiddling with it a lot. Which is still bad, don't get me wrong (I'm probably gonna get a Plenue D because of this issue). But 8 hours is a far cry from 2 hours.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back