The Shenzhen Benjie BJ-T6 / AGPtek Rocker
Jul 29, 2018 at 5:28 PM Post #632 of 775
Finally ordered one from aliexpress.
So far, no dice in finding a reasonably priced skin for shipment in Canada.
Purchasing a Sony E390 skin (with shipment from USA through Amazon or eBay) for 1/3 of the purchase price of the player just seems wrong.

Looking forward to Rockbox, and fingers definitely crossed for BT functionality.
Will mostly use BT, so will use reg firmware until this figures itself out.
Has anyone used this with V-Moda Wireless Forza Metallo headphones?

Looks like my Rocker will be bareback.

Will likely just toss it into a generic hardcase while cycling with it.
I'm curious how long battery will last (and how it will perform) using BT, but not really using the screen.
Would just be random shuffling songs through headphone controls.
Will be planning to do some long distance rides, and will use some power banks (with swappable batteries) to stay charged.

Jul 31, 2018 at 10:08 AM Post #633 of 775
Hello. I've bought Benjie T6 to see if it would be a good replacement for Clip+, since getting new ones is harder and harder now.

I'm having the same problem as HiFiN00b had on page 17. No matter what firmware I try, I get "Insert TF pls", "Updater V 1.1" and "v_v Failed".

My About This Player page reports that firmware version is 1.08Beta, so maybe it considers it a newer one and that's why I cannot update. Any suggestions?

Jul 31, 2018 at 10:46 AM Post #634 of 775
Hello. I've bought Benjie T6 to see if it would be a good replacement for Clip+, since getting new ones is harder and harder now.

I'm having the same problem as HiFiN00b had on page 17. No matter what firmware I try, I get "Insert TF pls", "Updater V 1.1" and "v_v Failed".

My About This Player page reports that firmware version is 1.08Beta, so maybe it considers it a newer one and that's why I cannot update. Any suggestions?

Try booting into the update mode to update the firmware. With the player off, hold the Power and Volume Down buttons. The update will then start before booting any firmware.

Aug 1, 2018 at 11:36 AM Post #635 of 775
Try booting into the update mode to update the firmware. With the player off, hold the Power and Volume Down buttons. The update will then start before booting any firmware.
Thanks for the tip. Yes, it waits till I insert the SD card in update mode. Still, I get "v_v Failed" with any firmware.

I've tried many SD cards, even bought a new one. One thing I noticed, every time after I remove the card from the player Windows complains that something is wrong with it and suggest a disk check and that does not find anything. Same thing when I connect the player.

Aug 1, 2018 at 12:46 PM Post #636 of 775
I've listed complete instructions on doing a firmware update in the first post of this thread. It is worth reading to understand required steps and offers solutions to a variety of possible issues.

From your description, it is likely that your MicroSD card(s) are not formatted properly.

Make sure there is nothing worth saving on your MicroSD card, then insert the card into the T6 and go to the T6 Setting menu to use the built in formatting function to format your card. Formatting will erase all data, so be sure that you transfer any files that you want to keep to your pc. (Note: the vast majority of MicroSD cards up to 256GB will function without any problems, but some do not due to corruption and other issues. If one doesn't work, try another.)

Now connect the T6 player to your pc using USB, making sure your pc sees it as a drive and not a device that need charging.

From your pc, copy the version of update.upt that you want the T6 to use to the newly formatted T6 MicroSD drive.

Disconnect the T6 from your pc and then reboot the T6.

Go to the Settings menu of the T6 and use the Update Firmware function to install the new firmware.

If the T6 does not automatically reboot after the update, restart it and you will have an updated DAP.

The MicroSD card that you use for updating can continue to be used for data storage of music files, etc. You do not have to erase or remove the update.upt file. If you want to do further updates to firmware, just copy the latest update.upt file that you want over the existing file, then run the update function again. You don't have to do any further formatting or take any other steps.

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2018 at 7:51 AM Post #637 of 775
Thanks for the detailed reply and the instructions in the topic, but unfortunately I've tried everything described therein multiple times.

On the question of formatting, player the itself formats to FAT32, while I've seen the advice of using exFAT, here and also on the amazon qa page. I've even tried different cluster sizes, on a distant hope.

My conclusion so far is that something is wrong with my unit, hopefully with it only and it's not an issue with some newer firmware.

Aug 6, 2018 at 4:00 PM Post #638 of 775
You have gone through a lot more tries and approaches than most!

Pretty much all firmware versions listed in this thread have now been installed, tested and used thousands of times so it is likely you have a defective unit.

Best to ask for an exchange or refund from your retailer.

Let us know how it works out for you!

Aug 14, 2018 at 1:22 AM Post #639 of 775

I just received my Benjie T6 in the mail today.
The firmware is 1.08Beta, and I am also not able to update the firmware to Agptek 1.2
I've tried a couple of cards, formatted both through the device itself, and through my computer.

When I boot with power and volume down, there is " Insert TF Pls" message.
When I try to update through settings, I get a "No Update!" message.

Did you manage to figure anything out, or are you still using 1.08Beta?
Did you try Rockbox?

I'm transferring 170gb of music onto my 200gb card, so will test it out in the morning.

Aug 14, 2018 at 9:06 AM Post #641 of 775
In your case it seems that it's not finding the update file for some reason, maybe it's the file name(the file should be called update.upt). For me it sees the update, but fails at updating from it.

You are correct - I did not rename the firmware file.
Unfortunately, upon doing so, I get the "v_v failed" message when I try to update to 1.2.

Looks like I am in the same boat.

When I try the update through boot, I first get "Insert TF Pls" followed by "Updater v1.1", then " v_v failed". It then reboots.

Also, now that I tried connecting it to my Windows 10 desktop, I am also getting the error detection message. This was not the case until I had attempted the FW update with the renamed file.

Otherwise, from what I can tell, everything else seems fine. Music plays through regular headphones and BT. Not being able to install Rockbox limits me to 15000 songs, which is super annoying.

Not sure what to do, or what my options are with Alliexpress.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back