The Shenzhen Benjie BJ-T6 / AGPtek Rocker
Jun 30, 2018 at 9:33 PM Post #616 of 775
Does the new Rockbox fw support changing tracks with the screen off?

By default, all buttons work with the screen off (but the first button you press turns the screen on at the same time as performing the function).

There's a hold button (the power/sleep button) which locks all buttons until the power/sleep button is pressed again.

There's also a setting for first button press turns screen on (which I use) which makes it so that any button you press turns the screen on only, and then you have to press the button again for the function. I do this to prevent accidental track skips while the player is in my pocket.

Jun 30, 2018 at 10:26 PM Post #617 of 775
By default, all buttons work with the screen off (but the first button you press turns the screen on at the same time as performing the function).
Then it's not that I needed. The idea was to save the battery. And it does not.

Jun 30, 2018 at 10:41 PM Post #618 of 775
Then it's not that I needed. The idea was to save the battery. And it does not.

Actually I just dug deeper into the rockbox settings and it does have the feature you need. Settings - General Settings - Display - LCD Settings - Backlight Exemptions.

Can set it so that any of the following functions you select do not trigger the backlight to come on and will perform their function.

Volume
Play
Seek
Skip
Unmapped keys
External power

Jun 30, 2018 at 10:59 PM Post #619 of 775
To breeman
WOW!
Thanks a lot!!
I owe you!!!
It works great. Thank you very much again.
How come you've dug that deep? I'd never have come to this myself.

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2018 at 12:02 AM Post #620 of 775
To breeman
How come you've dug that deep? I'd never have come to this myself.

I just never spent the time to look for it before because it wasn't a feature I really thought about needing. But you describing the use-case made me click on each LCD setting menu until I found one that seemed to fit that description. Now I have it enabled for volume (so I can adjust volume without turning the display on). There are tons of features in rockbox, and i'm sure there's still plenty I haven't discovered yet.

Jul 1, 2018 at 12:48 AM Post #621 of 775
Could you share your findings with me?
By the way, is there a way to see volume level on the display?

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2018 at 9:09 PM Post #623 of 775
Anyone facing issues with next/previous/play/pause control from a Bluetooth headset when the screen is locked? I tested mine and the Bluetooth controls only work for a few seconds after the screen autolocks. After that all Bluetooth controls will no longer work until you unlock the screen again.

How are we supposed to leave the T6 in our pocket or bag with the screen locked in this case? Hahaha!

My T6 is running the AGPtek Version 1.2 firmware.

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2018 at 6:20 PM Post #626 of 775
You need to stay on bluetooth menu then buttons will works after screen off.
Good starting. Way to go. Congratulations on your first post here.

To everybody,
Is it possible to have shuffle tracks function not just within one album/folder but in all albums/folders with Rockbox? I mean like shuffling songs from different albums. You have one song playing and then the next song will be playing from a different album.
I chose "Shuffle - yes" and it did not help. It was still shuffling within one album.
Then I changed Auto Change Directory to Random. And it still does not do the shuffling in all albums.

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2018 at 9:27 AM Post #627 of 775
I like the controls and form factor of the ROCKER. I cannot stand the audible noise floor or plops between tracks with my KZ ZS5. Going to return it.

Would the H50 fare better with regards to the noise floors and plops?

Jul 18, 2018 at 9:11 AM Post #628 of 775
Hi give me some advice planning to buy benjie t6 next week. Can you please send me a link the right benjie t6 that I need to purchase. Or give me some advice which one should I buy. Thanks

Jul 18, 2018 at 10:39 PM Post #629 of 775
Last edited:
Jul 19, 2018 at 12:58 PM Post #630 of 775
There are no original V1.0 version Shenzhen Benjie T6 / AGPtek Rocker units in the distribution pipeline anymore, so far as I can tell. You can see that the Version 2 case has more rounded corners if you take a look at the copious illustrations that have been posted early in this thread and in the HeadFi review sections. The internal hardware is the same so if by chance you do get a V1.0 device, no worries, just update the firmware.

The Benjie T6 is typically available through Chinese sellers and the Rocker through AGPtek on Amazon around the world. SInce both are the same device, buy the least expensive one you can find.

No matter where you buy the hardware, check the firmware version and if you do not have the AGPTEK ROCKER 1.2 Firmware (November 1, 2017) installed go to the AGPtek web site to download and install it. Look at the first post of this thread for instructions on how to update firmware.

https://www.agptek.com/blog/agptek-rocker-firmware-download-2/

This is likely the final stable OEM firmware that will be released for this device and it works fine.

However, one of the fun features of the T6/Rocker is that you can also install a dual boot version of Rockbox firmware. I have been using both and have come to prefer the Rockbox firmware. Rockbox firmware might continue in development so it is worth checking in once in while on the Rockbox forums to see if further refinements are done. The relevant Rockbox technical discussion can be found here -

http://forums.rockbox.org/index.php/topic,51653.0.html

Here are the two files necessary to install Rockbox:

rockbox.zip

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LI1Xnd-JzHFih3JIkVV3RRnhg62dY5zX/view

update_rb.upt

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wKUaxM4Zxs2850x5jeVBLI4DvbtbQTCJ/view

Instructions for install:

Extract rockbox.zip.

Take the folder named ".rockbox" and then copy it directly to your Micro SD card.

Next, copy the file update_rb.upt to your Micro SD card as well, and, once in there, rename it to update.upt (Note: ALL T6/Rocker firmware updates use this same file name, so if you play around with firmware updates you need to keep track of what version update.upt really is.)

Next you'll need to choose the Update Firmware menu option in AGPek Rocker Settings. It should upgrade and then you'll have a choice to choose either Rockbox or the OEM firmware and will have access to some tools, games, etc. as well.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back