The Shenzhen Benjie BJ-T6 / AGPtek Rocker
Mar 24, 2018 at 2:19 PM Post #526 of 775
29663671_10156613575849271_1107824175_n.jpg

A theme I made cobbling together code from a couple different themes. I really dig this player. Wish the battery was better, but I guess you can't have it all.

Mar 25, 2018 at 2:19 AM Post #527 of 775
I realize I'm quoting my own post, but I mentioned these silicone cases, but recently found one that fits even better. The Sony Walkman NW-E390 Series is almost identical in shape and size to the Rocker/T6, and their silicone cases fit great! All that's needed is to cut a little bit out of the bottom for the headphone jack.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01I532Z92

Here are some pictures of the case on my T6

In light of AliExpress' Anniversary sale, I've been looking at a $125 or below DAP (aside from the Ruizu A50) which has a case, is built sturdiliy like the Ruizu A50, does not have a scroll wheel (this contributed to the deletion of 4 songs in my music collection, which I did not notice until it was too late), has stable firmware, sounds neutral and airy, and has good battery life (roughly 10-15 minimum).

Now that Rockbox, a reportedly very stable port despite it currently being in beta stage, is out and you've shown this thread cases which sort of fit the T6 well, I'm seriously starting to wonder if I should spend money on that or the Aigo Moonlight Z6 which has also caught my eye (but is also roughly twice as expensive, at around $120 CAD). My biggest concern with the T6 is how the battery life is affected with the Rockbox port. Some forum members have already stated that they've noticed shorter listening times with it... could you or any other Rockboxed T6 owner please give me a more specific number? Thank you in advance!

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2018 at 8:43 PM Post #529 of 775
Some forum members have already stated that they've noticed shorter listening times with it... could you or any other Rockboxed T6 owner please give me a more specific number? Thank you in advance!

I always charge it before it's low so I'll have to do some testing this week to really determine the battery life with rockbox. So far I haven't really noticed much of a difference actually, but I never really let it get below 50%.

Mar 25, 2018 at 8:46 PM Post #531 of 775
Now that Rockbox, a reportedly very stable port despite it currently being in beta stage, is out and you've shown this thread cases which sort of fit the T6 well, I'm seriously starting to wonder if I should spend money on that or the Aigo Moonlight Z6 which has also caught my eye (but is also roughly twice as expensive, at around $120 CAD). My biggest concern with the T6 is how the battery life is affected with the Rockbox port. Some forum members have already stated that they've noticed shorter listening times with it... could you or any other Rockboxed T6 owner please give me a more specific number? Thank you in advance!

It's difficult to say if the battery w/Rockbox is worse, but if it is, I don't think it's significantly worse. I use mine around 5-6 hours a day at work and it usually shows maybe 20% battery by the time I turn it off and go home.

It's hard to compare because the original firmware doesn't have a numeric battery indicator, just an icon with three bars

Mar 25, 2018 at 9:49 PM Post #534 of 775
I have found it difficult while theme making to find a font that's a good size. 12-NotoSans-Bold seems to be a good option that splits the difference between visibility and having your titles scroll all the time. I hate scrolling titles and artist names.

Mar 26, 2018 at 12:20 AM Post #535 of 775
I have found it difficult while theme making to find a font that's a good size. 12-NotoSans-Bold seems to be a good option that splits the difference between visibility and having your titles scroll all the time. I hate scrolling titles and artist names.
Especially given how tiny and poor resolution the display is. Then again it is a very inexpensive player that manages to do quite a bit. I still offer this player as a suggestion when folks are looking for a standalone player but leery of spending much.

Mar 26, 2018 at 5:49 AM Post #536 of 775
I have found it difficult while theme making to find a font that's a good size.
What's the biggest size of a font there?
Is it possible to increase the size on your own?
Is it possible to change the system font size?
Is there a way to see how big/small a font is without installing it in the player?

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2018 at 7:40 AM Post #537 of 775
Could you share a link to download the fonts?

Here you go: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MTnnq9W1xpppQABsxKHOP5-kxQKiYu96/

I took these all from the rockbox installation on my old Sansa Clip Zip (which had something like 85 themes on it, and lots of different fonts). I only included fonts size 10 and higher (all the way up to 50), as anything smaller would be too small. I'm sure you'll find something suitable there. Just copy all of the .fnt files from that zip into your font folder in .rockbox.

Mar 26, 2018 at 12:19 PM Post #539 of 775
Is there a way to see how big/small a font is without installing it in the player?
There is a emulator for Rockbox that you can run on a PC to see the effects of changes to a theme. You'd need to run a version with the same resolution as the Rocker. However when I used to do a lot of work on Rockbox themes for three different DAPs I never found the simulator all that usable. You can find details here:
http://rasher.dk/rockbox/simulator/

Mar 26, 2018 at 1:36 PM Post #540 of 775
There is a emulator for Rockbox that you can run on a PC to see the effects of changes to a theme. You'd need to run a version with the same resolution as the Rocker. However when I used to do a lot of work on Rockbox themes for three different DAPs I never found the simulator all that usable. You can find details here:
http://rasher.dk/rockbox/simulator/

The Creative Zen Mozaic and Sony NWZ-E370/E380 have the same screen resolution as the Rocker (128 x 160) so use either of those for the simulation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back