The Shenzhen Benjie BJ-T6 / AGPtek Rocker
Feb 24, 2017 at 12:16 AM Post #76 of 775
The upload limit is 5MB and the update file is 32MB, tried all kind of compression options and can't even get it to under 23MB. :frowning2:  

The hardware of the two systems is the same, so firmware updating from either company should work.

I will have an AGPtek Rocker in hand by early next week to compare the two versions and will post comments after I play around with it.
http://mega.co.nz

Feb 24, 2017 at 3:19 PM Post #77 of 775
Since I can't do an upload directly to Head-Fi due to file size limitations, here is a Dropbox link for the Shenzhen Benjie V1.04Beta firmware file -

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4sel0j3p7ve7vpb/update.upt

While I have installed this firmware on my BJ-T6 without incident and am using it without issue, I make no claim or warranty that it will load to or work on your device.

Using this file is entirely at your own risk! But if you do decide to try it out, post some comments in this thread! 
wink.gif

BTW, I just got an AGPtek Rocker with their V1.01Beta firmware and if you are buying one of those you should not feel compelled to load the Benjie firmware I make available above. 

The Rocker's firmware version looks more polished, uses multiple colors to distinguish selected functions and seems to have equivalent functionality. The Benjie firmware is grayscale and is more of a developer version before any eye candy is incorporated.

Feb 24, 2017 at 5:13 PM Post #79 of 775
Hmm, looks like the T6/Rocker incorporates the Hiby Player app in firmware.

This app is also used by Cayin, Shanling, Eros, Questyle, Hidizs and Tempotec in some of their devices.

http://www.hiby.cd/

The app's feature set includes:

1. All lossless audio formats decoding, including DSF, DFF, ISO, WAV, FLAC, AIFF, M4A, AAC, MP3, OGG.
2. CUE sheets also supported.
3. High precision decoding with 32 bit output, 64 bit float point and 128 bit internal calculating. 
4. External USB DAC is supported with DXD/DoP output for Native DSD or 384KHZ 32 bit audio stream.
5. Gapless playing is supported.
6. 10 band graphic EQ supported.

Feb 24, 2017 at 10:35 PM Post #80 of 775
I'm keen to compare this to the shanling m1 too!

Feb 26, 2017 at 9:12 AM Post #81 of 775
Woohoo- Amazon UK have now dropped it to £49!! Hope no-one got stung for the over-inflated previous price. Just was in time to cancel my order from Amazon.fr :) :) Happy days, just hope the rockbox project works out as thats what i want it for! :)

Feb 27, 2017 at 2:01 PM Post #82 of 775
I think AGPtek was rushing to get the Rocker into their Amazon sell sites and simply substituted £ for $ initially.

The price of the Rocker has moved up to $70 in the States, so you are getting a relative bargain in that £49 is worth US$62 right now.

However, the best deal is in Europe as you can buy the Rocker for EUR 49,99, which is equivalent to only US$53, and that price includes TVA!

Looks like AGPtek is also offering a discount on lots of their products for buyers of the Rocker as well, some of these might be worth checking out at the discounted price.

Feb 27, 2017 at 4:52 PM Post #83 of 775
I think AGPtek was rushing to get the Rocker into their Amazon sell sites and simply substituted £ for $ initially.

The price of the Rocker has moved up to $70 in the States, so you are getting a relative bargain in that £49 is worth US$62 right now.

However, the best deal is in Europe as you can buy the Rocker for EUR 49,99, which is equivalent to only US$53, and that price includes TVA!

Looks like AGPtek is also offering a discount on lots of their products for buyers of the Rocker as well, some of these might be worth checking out at the discounted price.

Initially it was.. $59 €49 and £69 respectively as they came on sale. They seem to just be randomly trying out various prices as they go along :-D I wonder if some of it is to allow it to be shown as a 'deal' or 'sale' price, that they have to occasionally inflate it. Or if the distributors are just making it up as they go along!!

Feb 27, 2017 at 7:46 PM Post #84 of 775
Hi all, I am considering the Benjie T6 or the Shanling M1, as a portable source (as a companion to the Opus #1). Any recommendations between the 2? Also, when will the T6 be made available on Ali?

Feb 27, 2017 at 9:28 PM Post #85 of 775
Brand new here. Thanks to everyone for all the useful info on the T6. I've been looking into getting either the T6 or the AGPtek Rocker and I notice the aliexpress links posted here are actually for the T3 model listing, but I can't find any info on the difference between the two. Are there any significant differences between the T3 and the T6?
Thanks again!

Feb 28, 2017 at 12:38 PM Post #86 of 775
Hi All,

I am also new but have been reading this and the S5 thread for some time and wanted to share my experience with the S5 and T6.

I bought the S5 mainly for my daughter who wanted a cheap player for the ride to school and with a good battery life for my 12 hour trips to Japan. The S5 fit perfectly and I was very impressed with the build and SQ although the killer missing feature for me was the inability on the S5 to play stored m3u playlists.

So when I read that a new player was coming out (T6) with BT AND playlist support, colour screen etc. I was very happy to buy the AGPTek Rocker for £49 from Amazon.

I will use T6 from now on but I actually have the AGPtek version.

The first thing I noticed with the T6, those corners are sharp! Uncomfortable to hold.
At power on the screen is poor for contrast and angle compared to the OLED of the S5. They have not matched the font to the pixels available and instead antialias the text giving a blurry, compressed looking text output.
The sound has its issues, maybe just with the supplied 1.01 firmware, if you turn the volume right down to 0, you can hear the noise floor which toggles when you play/pause. This sounds more like a hardware/Amp stage issue to me.
The unit pops every time you change track, irrespective of the gapless setting. The S5 has a quick fade-in fade-out which I prefer.
The battery is much poorer, I get around 18 hours from the S5 and about 8 from the T6 with a range of MP3s, mostly 320kbps.
The S5 has a nice feature when screen off, a long hold of the volume will skip/repeat track, not on the T6
With the T6 screen off, you can hold next/prev to seek but no prev/next with a short press.

Now, I am sure some of this can be fixed in firmware but some clearly cannot so unfortunately, my unit is going back to Amazon. I would prefer to have 3 S5s for this money, maybe I could put a different playlist on each :)

Feb 28, 2017 at 2:05 PM Post #87 of 775
  Hi All,

I am also new but have been reading this and the S5 thread for some time and wanted to share my experience with the S5 and T6.

I bought the S5 mainly for my daughter who wanted a cheap player for the ride to school and with a good battery life for my 12 hour trips to Japan. The S5 fit perfectly and I was very impressed with the build and SQ although the killer missing feature for me was the inability on the S5 to play stored m3u playlists.

So when I read that a new player was coming out (T6) with BT AND playlist support, colour screen etc. I was very happy to buy the AGPTek Rocker for £49 from Amazon.

The first thing I noticed with the T6, those corners are sharp! Uncomfortable to hold.
At power on the screen is poor for contrast and angle compared to the OLED of the S5. They have not matched the font to the pixels available and instead antialias the text giving a blurry, compressed looking text output.
The sound has its issues, maybe just with the supplied 1.01 firmware, if you turn the volume right down to 0, you can hear the noise floor which toggles when you play/pause. This sounds more like a hardware/Amp stage issue to me.
The unit pops every time you change track, irrespective of the gapless setting. The S5 has a quick fade-in fade-out which I prefer.
The battery is much poorer, I get around 18 hours from the S5 and about 8 from the T6 with a range of MP3s, mostly 320kbps.
The S5 has a nice feature when screen off, a long hold of the volume will skip/repeat track, not on the T6
With the T6 screen off, you can hold next/prev to seek but no prev/next with a short press.

Now, I am sure some of this can be fixed in firmware but some clearly cannot so unfortunately, my unit is going back to Amazon. I would prefer to have 3 S5s for this money, maybe I could put a different playlist on each :)

Thanks for the information. About the sharp corners - exactly the same on the X1. I cannot understand why they did that. The edges on the K9 are slightly rounded and very smooth n comfortable to hold. 8 hours does not cut it for me so I will pass on this one.

Feb 28, 2017 at 2:23 PM Post #88 of 775
  Hi All,

wow , thanks for the info. interesting. not quite what i was expecting at all !

Feb 28, 2017 at 4:13 PM Post #89 of 775
  Hi All,

Thanks, Glad I hold off on getting one.

Feb 28, 2017 at 5:07 PM Post #90 of 775

Thanks, Glad I hold off on getting one.

Now that it is on Amazon Canada at $64.99 I think that I'm going to pass as well. I had high hopes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back