The Shenzhen Benjie BJ-T6 / AGPtek Rocker
Aug 1, 2017 at 2:05 PM Post #256 of 775
Oh I see ! Thank you for the clarification.

By the way, I tried to play some tracks and lower the volume to zero. I did not hear any noise floor at all. What I did hear, though was that soft "plopping" noise in switching between some of the tracks (only half the time, at some tracks and not between all the tracks that I tried). Not a big deal for me, as I don't have the habit of ...turning volume to zero, really.

Now, even though I haven't ever tried Rockbox, I hope it will eventually be released for the Rocker, though I think the development might be stalled, as we haven't heard any news for months now. I really need all those limits (.m3u lists + characters limit, 15.000 tracks library limit, etc) to vanish and for us to be able to enjoy this little DAP in all its glory.

Or maybe the good guys at AGPTek will release new firmwares that will at least increase these limits.

One can only hope.

With most media players/managers you can set "bookmarks," place markers to select a specific portion of a music or video file to jump to and play.

For example, for live performance recordings you might want to skip the applause sections to get to the music directly. You can edit the applause audio out or keep it and set a bookmark to skip over it.

I used to use VLC quite a bit - https://www.vlchelp.com/using-custom-bookmarks-vlc-media-player/

Have subsequently moved on to mostly using Daum's PotPlayer and AIMP software players, I think they also have this function.

I usually just clean up any recording to get rid of extraneous sound in Mixcraft but you can use any of the other free or near free DAWS, like Reaper, Tracktion and the like as easily.

Aug 1, 2017 at 2:54 PM Post #257 of 775
Oh I see ! Thank you for the clarification.

By the way, I tried to play some tracks and lower the volume to zero. I did not hear any noise floor at all. What I did hear, though was that soft "plopping" noise in switching between some of the tracks (only half the time, at some tracks and not between all the tracks that I tried). Not a big deal for me, as I don't have the habit of ...turning volume to zero, really.

Now, even though I haven't ever tried Rockbox, I hope it will eventually be released for the Rocker, though I think the development might be stalled, as we haven't heard any news for months now. I really need all those limits (.m3u lists + characters limit, 15.000 tracks library limit, etc) to vanish and for us to be able to enjoy this little DAP in all its glory.

Or maybe the good guys at AGPTek will release new firmwares that will at least increase these limits.

One can only hope.

In an informal survey, I would say about 25 percent of users might hear some noise floor. I certainly can't, but I don't claim perfect hearing, nor do I drop the volume to zero to dwell on the possibility.

The very soft "plop" sound is the amp switching on and off when a gap in playing occurs, most likely when switching between albums or skipping tracks. It is a power saving measure, you won't hear it with gapless playing or playing a continuous album. Again, not really a bother for most.

The file number specs are not a hardware limitation. The T6/Rocker uses hiby (HibyMusic player) core software and I think the file limits are not going to change unless HibyMusic does an update and Benjie opts to use it in subsequent manufacturing runs. Easy workaround is to use two microsd cards and swap them.

I check Rockbox once in a while and, yes, no recent public comments on work being done to port as an app to the Rocker. August is vacation month in Europe, maybe the devs will opt to code instead of going to the beach! :white_sun_small_cloud::juggling::swimmer::water_polo:

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2017 at 1:05 AM Post #258 of 775
I check Rockbox once in a while and, yes, no recent public comments on work being done to port as an app to the Rocker. August is vacation month in Europe, maybe the devs will opt to code instead of going to the beach! :white_sun_small_cloud::juggling::swimmer::water_polo:

I know what you mean, as I live in Greece :sun_with_face:.

I've also tried to see how long the battery lasts on the Rocker. I had it continually playing at my workplace from 07.00 to 15.30. When I unplugged it from the speakers to go home, the battery indicator was "empty" but apparently it still had some juice in it, as it was still playing. I turned it off and when I got home and turned it on I got the "low power" message and I did not challenge it anymore. I plugged it to a charger.

So it lasted 8,5 hours, which I guess is not bad at all for such a small player.

p.s. Any suggestion for a high quality -3ft (1m) or less / smaller- USB to Miscro USB cable to buy online?

Aug 3, 2017 at 2:57 PM Post #262 of 775
I was wondering if any fellow owners have noticed this issue as well. I'm using the 1.06 beta firmware on the Rocker, and the EQ simply doesn't change the sound when playing DSD or very high resolution tracks (24-bit and higher). You can change the presets, but no difference in the sound is heard. EQ works fine on regular mp3 and FLAC files. I'm new to high-res players but can't imagine this is normal behavior. And yes, I realize using EQ is frowned upon in these parts, but it's still nice to have the option available.

Aug 3, 2017 at 8:07 PM Post #263 of 775
And yes, I realize using EQ is frowned upon in these parts, but it's still nice to have the option available.

Not true at all. EQ is a legitimate part of the hobby. There's right ways and wrong ways to use it, but it can be used to tune the sound so it's even more enjoyable and personal. Anyone who tells you otherwise is full of hogwash, full of themselves, or both.

Aug 4, 2017 at 11:52 AM Post #264 of 775
Not true at all. EQ is a legitimate part of the hobby. There's right ways and wrong ways to use it, but it can be used to tune the sound so it's even more enjoyable and personal. Anyone who tells you otherwise is full of hogwash, full of themselves, or both.

hogwash.gif

Aug 10, 2017 at 11:46 AM Post #266 of 775
My t6 has a problem. When I insert an sd card, it won't lock. Does anyone know how to fix this?

If I'm not mistaken you would need to break it open and repair the mechanism or replace the card reader. Likely you need a new DAP.

Aug 10, 2017 at 3:19 PM Post #269 of 775
Are you pushing it in far enough? I generally need to use a fingernail to get them all the way in (and out).

I keep a small screwdriver handy. I love using my tiny tool.

tool.gif

Aug 10, 2017 at 8:25 PM Post #270 of 775
If I'm not mistaken you would need to break it open and repair the mechanism or replace the card reader. Likely you need a new DAP.

Are you sure you are inserting it the right way / side ?
You do know that you have to insert the Micro SD card on the "other side" up of what the little icon shows on the player, right ?

Are you pushing it in far enough? I generally need to use a fingernail to get them all the way in (and out).

Yes. I'm pushing it enough. My sd card has no problem since I tried to insert it on my other dap. I think the sd card slot is the one that has a problem. I just want to give this to my little brother, but this happened. Guess I have to junk this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back