The Shenzhen Benjie BJ-T6 / AGPtek Rocker
Jul 25, 2017 at 7:57 PM Post #226 of 775
Its a shame too because this little player has a great core but really does suffer because of the UI. something like Hiby or Rockbox would do wonders for it.

Isn't Rockbox working on it?

Jul 25, 2017 at 7:58 PM Post #227 of 775
Jul 26, 2017 at 1:13 AM Post #228 of 775
Hi, sorry for the inconvenience I know this is a thread of T6 but I read that sone people has the Benjie X1. Anyone knows is there is a agptek equivalent firmware for that device?

Thanks a lot

Jul 26, 2017 at 3:43 AM Post #229 of 775
Dunno, but I sure would welcome it.
I'm quite okay with the UI mostly (I have the Benjie model). Sure it could be a lot better but I think the main thing holding it back is the low quality screen. There's just so little room to display anything and the resolution + brightness leaves a lot to be desired. Has a great sound though.

Jul 26, 2017 at 10:14 AM Post #230 of 775
Both the hardware and core software are capable of a lot more but Benjie defaulted to a somewhat basic implementation to get the product out to market earlier this year.

The BJ-T6/Rocker player actually runs the Hiby player app internally but there is a UI layer on top of that. And, yes, not all of the Hiby functionality is enabled in this device.

I believe that Rockbox is still working on an app layer but they likely will not change core functionality. For example, the device hardware can support Bluetooth 4.1 but runs 4.0. Rockbox will keep the 4.0.

There will likely be further firmware updating but the development seems to have been split between Benjie for the China market and AGPtek for the rest of the world.

Could be that Benjie does have updated firmware in their for sale to China only units, but they don't typically post user installable updates. I got my updates emailed directly from the company but haven't spoken to them in a few months as I am working on other projects.

AGPtek has released several firmware updates to Version 1.06B for user download but have not released a user installable version of the currently in manufacturing Version 1.2. Hopefully they continue to provide user installable versions as it really is easy to do firmware updating with this device.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2017 at 11:22 PM Post #231 of 775
Hello there ! :)

As a new member into this whole fascinating world of high quality audio, I only have experience from my iPod Classic that decided to ...die, a few days ago.

So, I'm interested in this budget DAP and I'd like to ask some questions that linger in my mind

- Is there actually a limit of 15.000 songs ? Do you think it can be increased with a new firmware in the future? My library is over 23.000 songs... (!) Has anyone tried to load more than 15.000 songs and see what happens?
- Has anyone tried to see if Apple's Earpods work with this DAP ? I mean all the functions that the earpods button offers (volume up and down, skip song, previous song, pause song, etc) ?
- Can I plug this into the USB port of my car stereo ? I mean, will it be seen as a disc with folders of music files so that I can play music from it ?

Thank you in advance :)

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2017 at 12:06 AM Post #232 of 775
Hello there ! :)

As a new member into this whole fascinating world of high quality audio, I only have experience from my iPod Classic that decided to ...die, a few days ago.

So, I'm interested in this budget DAP and I'd like to ask some questions that linger in my mind

- Is there actually a limit of 15.000 songs ? Do you think it can be increased with a new firmware in the future? My library is over 23.000 songs... (!) Has anyone tried to load more than 15.000 songs and see what happens?
- Has anyone tried to see if Apple's Earpods work with this DAP ? I mean all the functions that the earpods button offers (volume up and down, skip song, previous song, pause song, etc) ?
- Can I plug this into the USB port of my car stereo ? I mean, will it be seen as a disc with folders of music files so that I can play music from it ?

Thank you in advance :)

In case the Benjie T6 doesn't work out for you, consider the xduoo X3 (or anything else that supports Rockbox. There is NO limit on the number of files. I have around 20k files myself, and a lot of DAPs using the OEM firmware chokes on that many files. Also, the X3 supports (2) microSD cards of 256GB each (for a total of 512GB of storage).

Jul 27, 2017 at 1:23 AM Post #233 of 775
In case the Benjie T6 doesn't work out for you, consider the xduoo X3 (or anything else that supports Rockbox. There is NO limit on the number of files. I have around 20k files myself, and a lot of DAPs using the OEM firmware chokes on that many files. Also, the X3 supports (2) microSD cards of 256GB each (for a total of 512GB of storage).

Thanks for the suggestion. Xduoo X3 was one of the DAPs that I had considered while searching, but the higher price and the omission of Bluetooth has discouraged me from bying it.

Jul 27, 2017 at 2:20 AM Post #234 of 775
Thanks for the suggestion. Xduoo X3 was one of the DAPs that I had considered while searching, but the higher price and the omission of Bluetooth has discouraged me from bying it.

You're right - I wish it had Bluetooth. But as far as the price, TomTop was recently selling them for $50.

Jul 27, 2017 at 10:06 AM Post #236 of 775
Someone at Amazon answered my question ("Can I plug this into the usb port of my car stereo ? I mean, will it be seen as a disc with folders of music files so that i can play music from it?") and confirmed that...

"I bought this, plugged it my Car Stereo via USB, no Problem. Depending on your Stereo make, you will be able to see the folders and playlists."

https://www.amazon.co.uk/forum/-/Tx2P7KLCJU7Y8R9/ref=ask_dp_dpmw_al_hza?asin=B01NBRJBOH

Jul 28, 2017 at 11:02 AM Post #237 of 775
AGPtek ROCKER UPT 1.06Beta Firmware Update 4/12/2017 (LATEST downloadable firmware, tested and recommended)

2. Relocate playlists created by users to Favorite Lists in the main interface and Music>>Favorite Lists
3. Allows playlist file such as .m3u and .m3u8 to be added under Music>>Playlists by music management software such as Media Go (.m3u and .m3u8 file can not be deleted in the player)

Hello again !
Having ordered this DAP, I'm starting to think about some things and one has to do with the handling of the Playlists. I'm still an iTunes user, for various reasons, but I know that I cannot really use iTunes with this DAP (at least not directly).
99% of the times I listen to my music via my playlists. So these playlists have to be loaded into the Rocker.
My initial thought is that I would follow these steps:

1) I have created a folder where I will put all my songs before I copy them to my 200GB microSD card (the whole library from all my playlists in one folder. I will keep the number of tracks just under 15.000 which is within Rocker's limit, right?)
2) I will start exporting the playlists from iTunes (iTunes does give you this option) and then put all the exported .m3u8 files files inside the same folder as all the songs.
3) I will run all the playlists through the LocalizeM3U script (http://samsoft.org.uk/iTunes/scripts.asp#LocalizeM3U) so that the absolute paths will be removed, and that Rocker will be able to "see" the songs.

Now where it's getting kind of confusing for me is the above notes regarding the 1.06Beta Firmware.

- Which are the Playlists created by users ? Are they the ones created by the users within (and via) the Rocker ?
- On (3) it's says that with the Media Go software we can add our m3u8 playlists under Music>>Playlists.
Does this mean that if we just copy our ready made m3u8 files into the sd card, the Rocker will not be able to view these playlists via the menu Music>>Playlists and we will have to go to the Folder View to find them (as per the manual: "After sending your playlist and music to the player, you can find it in "Folder view". Find the playlist and click to play.") ? Do we really have to use Media Go for this menu to actually "see" the playlists ?

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2017 at 5:01 AM Post #238 of 775
After reading rave reviews I ordered one.
Amazon wouldn't ship the AGPtek to the Netherlands so I went with the T6 from AliExpress.
I put 4000 mp3 files on a microsd and inserted it to the player.
Unfortunately it won't recognise the ID3 tags (it does on any other system), so now i have 4000 songs by unknown artist from unknown album :frowning2:
I would really like to resolve this, the unit sounds great with my soundsport bluetooth headset!
The link to the T6 firmware isn't working and it won't accept the rocker's firmware (had to try :) )
Does anyone have any tips?

Jul 31, 2017 at 5:06 AM Post #239 of 775
After reading rave reviews I ordered one.
Amazon wouldn't ship the AGPtek to the Netherlands so I went with the T6 from AliExpress.
I put 4000 mp3 files on a microsd and inserted it to the player.
Unfortunately it won't recognise the ID3 tags (it does on any other system), so now i have 4000 songs by unknown artist from unknown album :frowning2:
I would really like to resolve this, the unit sounds great with my soundsport bluetooth headset!
The link to the T6 firmware isn't working and it won't accept the rocker's firmware (had to try :) )
Does anyone have any tips?

Hello.
Does it really not recognize any song's ID3 tag at all ?
Which software media player do you use to play these songs on your PC ?

Jul 31, 2017 at 6:53 AM Post #240 of 775
I've have just received mine.
I ordered it via Amazon.it (I live in Greece and Amazon.it was the cheapest option for me). When I tracked down the shipping, I realized that the Rocker was dispatched from the UK store of Amazon. However, ordering it directly from Amazon UK would cost me around 10 € more than what I've paid now.

Everything seems fine for now, though I will test it more thoroughly when I get home.

It comes with firmware version 1.2 (!) This, along with the fact that I don't think it has such sharp edges and corners, as per the review here on the first post of this topic, makes me think that maybe they sent me the version 2 of the Rocker, for the price of the version 1.

For the time being I have seen the version 2 only being sold via Amazon US, for a price of 70 $.

https://www.amazon.com/AGPTEK-Bluetooth-Resolution-Digital-Supports/dp/B06X9GZHK1

So maybe I got lucky and I got the version 2 of the DAP.

As for the iTunes to SD / Player syncing, I think I found a solution that does exactly what I need. It's called iSyncer and I will try it tonight

http://www.isyncer.de/en/about

Users who are viewing this thread

Back