The Sennheiser Orpheus 2? A First Look At The Sennheiser HE-1 (The New Orpheus)
Aug 7, 2017 at 9:40 AM Post #2,401 of 2,918
I was clearly told by the Sennheiser guy on their demo booth at CanJam London, that a cheaper/simpler version of the HE1 is coming. He says that It will offer the same sound quality without the fancy marble finish, automatic slide tubes, etc....

is that right?

then that might explain this:
mm...fake news. From my conversation with a Sennheiser Asia official (after my audition of the HE 1 during CanJam Singapore 2017), I specifically asked him if Sennheiser will be unveiling a successor to the HD 800/S. His categorical answer: nope, not anytime soon.

grist for the rumour mill i guess

Aug 22, 2017 at 7:42 PM Post #2,403 of 2,918
maybe/maybe not. the question that interests me more is will i ever have the opportunity to experience the he1?

Aug 23, 2017 at 1:24 AM Post #2,404 of 2,918
The only question is when they will announce cheaper/simpler version of HE1. I don't think that it will be this year. Hopefully 2018.

Yes I wonder how long until we can start another thread where 009 owners come in and tell everyone why their setup is better than this thing that just got released and that they've never heard. Can't wait.

Aug 23, 2017 at 4:23 AM Post #2,406 of 2,918
Mm...yeah, I'd be interested with serious comparison between their Stax and their HE 1. Sorry, but 15 minute peepshow impressions are not to be taken seriously. Side by side comparisons preferred. Let's talk. Getting lonely here.

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2017 at 5:30 AM Post #2,407 of 2,918
Mm...yeah, I'd be interested with serious comparison between their Stax and their HE 1. Sorry, but 15 minute peepshow impressions are not to be taken seriously. Side by side comparisons preferred. Let's talk. Getting lonely here.

I think it's much more likely that you'll buy a popular Stax amp than someone else with said Stax amp will buy a HE1...

Aug 29, 2017 at 3:44 AM Post #2,410 of 2,918
The only question is when they will announce cheaper/simpler version of HE1. I don't think that it will be this year. Hopefully 2038.

Let me fix that for you. I love Sennheiser, but boy do they take their time with their products.... HDV 820 was released beginning of may (First appearance in 2015) and still we haven't got one....

It isn't a bad thing, it means that we get quality products that are fine tuned. But i won't rise my hopes on baby HE-1 coming in 2018....

Sep 18, 2017 at 4:33 PM Post #2,413 of 2,918
One thing we can be sure of: Any lessons they learn they will try to take to their mainstream products (well, the high-end ones anyway). So, the effort is good for all of us.

Sep 30, 2017 at 3:34 PM Post #2,414 of 2,918

If I owned an HE-1, I would never be bored and just keep enjoying music through it. I can't imagine myself spending any time comparing it with other headphones instead of just relaxing and listening in bliss. :)

Sep 30, 2017 at 4:25 PM Post #2,415 of 2,918
Mm..only if you own the HE 1 alone. I do have it and a bunch of other top flight headphones so I can’t help but compare purely to satiate my curiosity and for my listening pleasure.

I just wish other HE 1 owners would chime in.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back