The Sennheiser Orpheus 2? A First Look At The Sennheiser HE-1 (The New Orpheus)
Nov 28, 2015 at 9:08 AM Post #1,126 of 2,918
You seems to be in eaven, touched by the grâce ! :wink:

Were you using the DIGITAL out or the ANALOG out of your AK player ? In other words were you using the Orpheus 's internal DAC !

Thanks

I was trying all opportunities for an hour,i am CRAZY Nomax lol

Here is the Link to my meet&greet with Orpheus 2 Video
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XoCBY0ATsyo
NOMAX

Nov 28, 2015 at 10:09 AM Post #1,127 of 2,918

A few more reviews like this one, and the Orpheus I price will be on the way up...

That's really doubtful. With parts no longer available to service them they will all be entering a slow cycle of being rebuilt with third party equipment and sounding different each time. Electronic equipment is all perishable over the long term. 

The second hand market has seen the effects already of what happens when a unit is not longer serviceable by Sennheiser. 

"Lucky to find one for 30 grand" is the line Sennheiser likes to repeat (and media repeats verbatim), but the reality is different.

Nov 28, 2015 at 11:18 AM Post #1,128 of 2,918
Nice review James.
Reading piano ots the whole chain not just the headphones and most Lilkly not the headphones at all or last on the list.
Lesser headphones just give less detail not harshness
The hd800 is about 85 percent of what the stax009 is as is. And it seems they have mellowed the hd800s.
The closer we go to hyper detail less colored the more we go away from holding us there. Or at least that's what it is for me.
I think it seems senhiser has made a better stax009 in a single unit that's still fine by me.
David's review I feel is spot on and I have heard many of the phones he posted of and I have the upgraded version of his msb dac too. The only fault he showed was the lack of hi Rez of the time and he was not using a server or AO
in fact it was iTunes so today's standards are way above his. But this has little to do with his conclusions other than him not realizing the full potential of his phones
Jamie's is spot on for how I feel although I have not heard them but do agree with James
I also have many ciems so we are the same page there too.
It will be in NYC soon and I'll check it out. But it will be with my own music so I will have some balance in my assessment
I love this place people post from the entire planet I cannot think of any where else. Sorry if I am confusing at times. I have no disability just do this posting fast as I am busy
At 58 and no reading glasses neeeed but maybe I should read before I. Hit send though
So hiw was this post and please do not gauge grammar I stink at that just best with that part of me ok :ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand:

Nov 28, 2015 at 1:46 PM Post #1,129 of 2,918
  That's really doubtful. With parts no longer available to service them they will all be entering a slow cycle of being rebuilt with third party equipment and sounding different each time. Electronic equipment is all perishable over the long term. 

The second hand market has seen the effects already of what happens when a unit is not longer serviceable by Sennheiser. 

"Lucky to find one for 30 grand" is the line Sennheiser likes to repeat (and media repeats verbatim), but the reality is different.

Good point. I remember when Jude released that SR-009 review video, he said he felt it was better than the HE 90 and thus declared it the best headphone ever made...but then, after hearing factory-restored Orpheus systems, he changed his mind.

Nov 28, 2015 at 3:18 PM Post #1,130 of 2,918
I think Jude changing his mind can mean a few things
But for me the he90 or 60 are more magical in keeping me there while stax are just too correct and become almost steril or lack life oif that makes any sense

Nov 28, 2015 at 4:24 PM Post #1,131 of 2,918
I think Jude changing his mind can mean a few things
But for me the he90 or 60 are more magical in keeping me there while stax are just too correct and become almost steril or lack life oif that makes any sense

So basically, you feel that the HE 90's colorations make it sound more realistic even though it's technically less accurate?

Nov 28, 2015 at 5:41 PM Post #1,132 of 2,918

NOMAX

To compare, here is @CEE TEE listening to my old Orpheus
biggrin.gif

To reiterate for the Nth time, the romantic nature of the HE90 is very much a byproduct of the HEV90.  The HP is very amp dependent.  IMO it's the most accurate HP ever.  I know 99% of people who have heard the HE90 have only heard it with the HEV90, but people who have owned it with multiple amps have attested to this over and over.

Nov 28, 2015 at 6:37 PM Post #1,133 of 2,918
Read David's impressions he says the same thing . There comes a point where we become disconnected that is where it's no longer music and becomes sound . Amos do the same thing it's why tubes just have more of connection . Pass amps try to mimic thus sound by warmth .

Nov 28, 2015 at 7:51 PM Post #1,134 of 2,918

NOMAX

Be careful bobbing you head like that too much, it just might fall off. LOL

Nov 28, 2015 at 8:20 PM Post #1,135 of 2,918

Good point. I remember when Jude released that SR-009 review video, he said he felt it was better than the HE 90 and thus declared it the best headphone ever made...but then, after hearing factory-restored Orpheus systems, he changed his mind.

Surely parts ARE available if they have a factory restored Orpheus I

Nov 29, 2015 at 5:36 AM Post #1,137 of 2,918

To compare, here is @CEE TEE listening to my old Orpheus
biggrin.gif

To reiterate for the Nth time, the romantic nature of the HE90 is very much a byproduct of the HEV90.  The HP is very amp dependent.  IMO it's the most accurate HP ever.  I know 99% of people who have heard the HE90 have only heard it with the HEV90, but people who have owned it with multiple amps have attested to this over and over.

You're way too experienced and keep your head way too cool to be taken seriously here
biggrin.gif

Ali

Users who are viewing this thread

Back