The Sennheiser Orpheus 2? A First Look At The Sennheiser HE-1 (The New Orpheus)
Nov 6, 2015 at 2:50 AM Post #466 of 2,918
I wonder if the price of the Orpheus II will be cut in half if they don't spend so much on marketing.  I certainly think that 30K could be a realistic price tag.

Nov 6, 2015 at 3:00 AM Post #467 of 2,918

Do you really mean it? Or is this just expressing the sentiment?

(Although I tend to favor all-black equipment, I think the stock marble looks more elegant.)

Who else besides me, @scolaiw, and @MuppetFace genuinely wants to buy the new Orpheus someday?
cool.gif

I'm very curious to audition these babies. With my business progressing so well nowadays I can afford it. But the real question is, are they that good? I am not going to spend that amount of cash on something that does not impress me and believe me I have very high standards. :wink: Judging from the videos I've seen, they indeed sound intriguing. For that price they'd better be mind blowing! Otherwise I'll spend that money on something else or better yet invest into smth.

Nov 6, 2015 at 3:09 AM Post #469 of 2,918

I don't care about all that. I only care about the sound of the headphone, which you have practically ignored in your critique. The fact that it's included in a system (and you can't buy the headphone by itself) is irrelevant, for me personally. As for what it sounds like to me...firstly, I did not suggest that my subjective experience is not important...and I have a policy of not listening to headphones until I buy them. (With the exception of auditioning stuff in shops on occasion.) I'm hardcore like that.
cool.gif

Honestly, I just want to see a head to head shoot-out review of ONLY the HE1060 headphones along with all the other headphones that we all consider truly "summit-fi" here at Head-Fi. Headphones like the Sony MDR-R10, Sennheiser HE60 / HE90, Audeze LCD-4, Hifiman HE1000, Sennheiser HD800S, Abyss AB-1266, etc. The review would use one amp for the electro-stats / one amp for the normal headphones and then the same source and DAC for both amps. This way the reviewer(s) could easily find out how much "better" the HE1060 apparently is versus all the other headphones that cost less than 1/10th the price of the HE1060 / HEV1060 rig.

I feel that having a review like the one stated above is the only real way to "justify" the price of these headphones. Not that they really require justification in the first place though. I would just really like to see the review, or at the very least a detailed measurement sheet for the HE1060 done by someone other than Sennheiser themselves. If they are going to come out and say that it is truly the best I want to see some outside sources and hard facts backing it up! Just my two cents though.

P.S. - Good luck to all potential buyers!

- InsanityOne 
o2smile.gif

i think Sennheiser need to give people a choice to buy the headphone alone or the all system,  the headphone  will cost less for the consumers and they can drive it with which amp they think is right for the headphones. this way Sennheiser will have profit and consumers too. many more will buy it if it will cost only 15-30k headphone itself, it will accessible to wider range of consumers. and other who prefer to buy the all package including the amp (rich guys) will pay 55k, everyone will profit... but it will not happend because this is some special product for the ultrta high end pockets.

Hi guys,

The HE 1060 will be available as a separate product as a supplement to the complete system. We cannot guarantee the quality and safety of the system if the HE 1060 is connected to systems from other manufacturers.
The second headphones will be available at the same time as the complete HE 1060 / HEV 1060 system: in the middle of 2016.

In the meantime, here's a BlueStage article on Axel Grell and Gregory Porter discussing their favorite music, excellence and the ultimate sound experience: http://goo.gl/ilPcWe

Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/
Nov 6, 2015 at 3:13 AM Post #470 of 2,918

Hi guys,

The HE 1060 will be available as a separate product as a supplement to the complete system. We cannot guarantee the quality and safety of the system if the HE 1060 is connected to systems from other manufacturers.
The second headphones will be available at the same time as the complete HE 1060 / HEV 1060 system: in the middle of 2016.

In the meantime, here's a BlueStage article on Axel Grell and Gregory Porter discussing their favorite music, excellence and the ultimate sound experience: http://goo.gl/ilPcWe

Thanks!  What's price tag for just the HE1060 alone?  Could you elaborate a little?

Nov 6, 2015 at 3:25 AM Post #471 of 2,918
With all due respect, Rosmadi, but if you can not guarantee the quality and especially the safety of the headphones when paired with systems from other manufacturers, then why would you that? I, for one, wouldn't want to jeopardize the safety aspect.

Now, if you had the utmost confidence and said it's perfectly OK to use them w/other systems, then that's different.

It kinda loses the whole point. No?

Nov 6, 2015 at 3:26 AM Post #472 of 2,918
Hats off to Sennheiser. I do sincerely hope that this really does take the throne as the worlds greatest headphone. I will probably never get too see or hear one in person (barring a lotto win), but I think it's great that they decided to make this system.

Admittedly, I am not enamored by the look or the motorized "show" but ultimately, that's all irrelevant. The sound is all that matters in the end. 

$55k for the worlds best headphone really isn't that bad IMO when you compare to full size hi-fi pricing. $55k may not even buy you the cables to fully wire up your system in a hi-fi home theater.

If I could afford it, I would buy one without thinking twice, not only as a music lover, but to have it in the collection. I'm sure MANY around here have a headphone collection that they either add to on a regular basis, or at least plan future purchases on a regular basis to add to their collections. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that IMO.

I am not a "hater" at all. I am ridiculously poor in fact, and can't even afford a $500 headphone at the moment (HD-650 I dream of you!), but that doesn't make me hold ill will toward those that can afford luxury items. As long as they did nothing illegal to obtain their wealth, I don't see why anybody should have an issue with it.

Think about it like this: If anyone reading this (or I) ever happen to hit the lotto or something, does that automatically make us evil, greedy, snobs, etc? I don't think so. Not all wealthy people are any of those things. Perhaps they are really smart and hard working. Just a thought!

IMO

Nov 6, 2015 at 3:35 AM Post #474 of 2,918
I....I think that this product has single-handedly convinced me to transition out of wage work and into something more lucrative.

Nov 6, 2015 at 3:38 AM Post #475 of 2,918
Hi guys,

Can't you please wait a little longer? I can't afford them yet!

Nov 6, 2015 at 3:51 AM Post #476 of 2,918
Hats off to Sennheiser. I do sincerely hope that this really does take the throne as the worlds greatest headphone. I will probably never get too see or hear one in person (barring a lotto win), but I think it's great that they decided to make this system.

Admittedly, I am not enamored by the look or the motorized "show" but ultimately, that's all irrelevant. The sound is all that matters in the end. 

$55k for the worlds best headphone really isn't that bad IMO when you compare to full size hi-fi pricing. $55k may not even buy you the cables to fully wire up your system in a hi-fi home theater.

If I could afford it, I would buy one without thinking twice, not only as a music lover, but to have it in the collection. I'm sure MANY around here have a headphone collection that they either add to on a regular basis, or at least plan future purchases on a regular basis to add to their collections. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that IMO.

I am not a "hater" at all. I am ridiculously poor in fact, and can't even afford a $500 headphone at the moment (HD-650 I dream of you!), but that doesn't make me hold ill will toward those that can afford luxury items. As long as they did nothing illegal to obtain their wealth, I don't see why anybody should have an issue with it.

Think about it like this: If anyone reading this (or I) ever happen to hit the lotto or something, does that automatically make us evil, greedy, snobs, etc? I don't think so. Not all wealthy people are any of those things. Perhaps they are really smart and hard working. Just a thought!

IMO

I think that it depends on how you view capitalism from a moral perspective. I'm talking about the resentment of all 'unobtainium-level' luxury goods.

I'm a Marxist and I'm seriously disturbed by how attracted I am to these headphones. :frowning2:

Nov 6, 2015 at 4:03 AM Post #478 of 2,918

IMO

I think that it depends on how you view capitalism from a moral perspective. I'm talking about the resentment of all 'unobtainium-level' luxury goods.

I'm a Marxist and I'm seriously disturbed by how attracted I am to these headphones.
frown.gif

IMO

I'm a Marxist and I'm seriously disturbed by how attracted I am to these headphones.
frown.gif

Why? Where in Marxist doctrine are you prevented from enjoying technological advances?

Nov 6, 2015 at 4:13 AM Post #479 of 2,918
  Hi guys,

The second headphones will be available at the same time as the complete HE 1060 / HEV 1060 system: in the middle of 2016

eek.gif

What will the price be?

What is the bias voltage?

How many pins does the headphone cable connector (on the termination end) have?

Anything else we need to know about using it with aftermarket electrostatic amplifiers?

Nov 6, 2015 at 5:06 AM Post #480 of 2,918
With all due respect, Rosmadi, but if you can not guarantee the quality and especially the safety of the headphones when paired with systems from other manufacturers, then why would you that? I, for one, wouldn't want to jeopardize the safety aspect?

Now, if you had the utmost confidence and said it's perfectly OK to use them w/other systems, then that's different.

It kinda loses the whole point. No?

One would assume that's what the 'Headphone 2' port at the back of the unit is for, in other words to run a second HE1060 headphone on the system. Nothing to do with systems from other manufacturers, as rightly mentioned by Rosmadi

Please correct me if I'm mistaken, Rosmadi

Users who are viewing this thread

Back