The Sennheiser Orpheus 2? A First Look At The Sennheiser HE-1 (The New Orpheus)
Nov 4, 2015 at 4:07 AM Post #211 of 2,918
HI. As you probably know,the quality-price function of any product,is exponential,so a little bit of quality improvement,brings much more price increase.

Nov 4, 2015 at 4:13 AM Post #212 of 2,918

It's OK - I got them cheap. Only $55,000 USD for the amp + headphones combination. Beats + Bose - what's not to like?

A Summit-Fi bargain right there! 
wink_face.gif

I might have to steal those 300Bs in your profile picture ...

How are those Ether-Cs?

Nov 4, 2015 at 4:17 AM Post #213 of 2,918

A Summit-Fi bargain right there! 
wink_face.gif

I might have to steal those 300Bs in your profile picture ...

How are those Ether-Cs?

You can have my Taks when you pry them from my cold, dead fingers...
wink_face.gif

Ether Cs are very good, and getting better with more hours on them. Amazing what Mr Speakers has managed to do with a closed headphone. Neutral, extended, detailed, balanced (perhaps a mild bass bump). Excellent comfort and build quality as well. Overall I am very happy with them.

Nov 4, 2015 at 4:23 AM Post #214 of 2,918

You can have my Taks when you pry them from my cold, dead fingers...
wink_face.gif

Ether Cs are very good, and getting better with more hours on them. Amazing what Mr Speakers has managed to do with a closed headphone. Neutral, extended, detailed, balanced (perhaps a mild bass bump). Excellent comfort and build quality as well. Overall I am very happy with them.

Well ... I have a modest collection of rather nice, Welsh, sheep ... maybe we could work something out ... ? 
wink_face.gif

(Nothing from Montana, sorry ...)

They've been quite lonely for a while now.

I'm pretty sure my girlfriend-appeasing closed cans are going to be either LCD-XC or Ether C.  I wouldn't mind a little hump in the bass ... LCD-2.2c through a Lyr were divine).

Nov 4, 2015 at 4:46 AM Post #216 of 2,918
Excellent its just what I need for my Learjet
atsmile.gif
 I wish... But there will be a lot of demand for it from the uber wealthy just perfect for each cabin on a billionaires super yacht etc (seriously) plenty of hotels about that also charge between £10000 and £50000 a night that will be needing one as well.

Master stroke by Sennheiser!  

Nov 4, 2015 at 6:02 AM Post #220 of 2,918
I don't understand why people are up in arms about the 55k price tag. It is a statement product, not meant for 99.9896416% of the people on earth. Sennheiser is simply showing the world what it's capable of. The people who can afford the new Orpheus probably wouldn't blink an eye if it was double the price. In the world of two channel stereo listening, there are systems out there that may cost 3-$500,000 that probably couldn't do certain things that this headphone system can. If you really want to talk crazy, take a look at some of the exorbitant prices in the two channel world. In the grand scheme of things, 55k isn't all that much.

Nov 4, 2015 at 6:14 AM Post #221 of 2,918
i see this as invesment save 4 years, buy it, retire from headfi from 5-10 years ,comeback after 10 years to check if there something better. its a dream if it wasnt that expensive and everyone can put their hands on it wasnt special it wasnt the best. so maybe i will start to save ... (srs).

Nov 4, 2015 at 6:36 AM Post #222 of 2,918
I don't understand why people are up in arms about the 55k price tag. It is a statement product, not meant for 99.9896416% of the people on earth. Sennheiser is simply showing the world what it's capable of. The people who can afford the new Orpheus probably wouldn't blink an eye if it was double the price. In the world of two channel stereo listening, there are systems out there that may cost 3-$500,000 that probably couldn't do certain things that this headphone system can. If you really want to talk crazy, take a look at some of the exorbitant prices in the two channel world. In the grand scheme of things, 55k isn't all that much.

The 009's are a statement product and not owned by many people - why couldn't Sennheiser price this around the $5,000 mark also? It would STILL be considered a very exclusive headphone setup.

Instead they have gone full [Mod Edit: That word is offensive to some people when used in that context].

Nov 4, 2015 at 6:44 AM Post #223 of 2,918
Have they said anything about how many will be made? Because unless it's a limited run it's unlikely to increase in value over time. They only made 300 of the first orpheus, not sure if all of them are still around.

Nov 4, 2015 at 6:48 AM Post #224 of 2,918

Damn! I just can't keep up with the "in crowd".

What if I combined my sexy headphones with some high end amplification gear? Something like this?

That should have those Orpheus folks green with envy!!

Yesssssssssssssss... That would be profound overkill.....

Nov 4, 2015 at 7:02 AM Post #225 of 2,918
LOL 50k headphone system

Andy approves

No seriously.
if I'd had 50k to spend for audio I would rather buy pair of these and bring smiles to more people than just myself.. OR destroy small flats..... and still save 30k lol  that you can spend for some "quite good" pair of headphones.

meanwhile I will keep my $99 iems,  :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back