The Sennheiser Orpheus 2? A First Look At The Sennheiser HE-1 (The New Orpheus)
Nov 4, 2015 at 1:23 AM Post #197 of 2,918
Nov 4, 2015 at 2:10 AM Post #198 of 2,918
Hmmmmm, gonna need a really good line to explain this one to the wife. Suggestions?

"It's just a fancy cigar box dear."

Nov 4, 2015 at 2:37 AM Post #201 of 2,918
The fact that one cannot afford one does NOT mitigate the fact that one would like to own one.....   
blink.gif

Nov 4, 2015 at 2:37 AM Post #202 of 2,918
LOL it's like on star.  Or Black Card.  This thing should come with perks like first class lounge access at airports.  

Nov 4, 2015 at 2:59 AM Post #204 of 2,918
Enjoyed watching the video Jude. Your infectious enthusiasm definitely permeated through
smile.gif

Looks like Tyll has a 1v1 lined up with the successor and Axel. Hot off Big Sound 2015(and his comments on how far the HP realm has progressed), it will be doubly interesting to hear what he has to say.

Upcoming
Reviews of select Big Sound contenders will continue through the holidays, but the big event on my horizon is a short trip to L.A. for a one-on-one with Axel Grell and Sennheiser's new HE1060/HEV1060 electrostatic headphone system. At a cool $55,000 the new system breaks the previous record also held by Sennheiser with the $14,000 Orpheus, which was certainly one of the very best headphones in the world at the time. Wouldn't surprise me if they pulled that off again as well...it is Sennheiser after all.
Anyone gonna kill their own turkey?

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/innerfidelity-update-november-2015#ix46RrqPtIegbdrO.99

Nov 4, 2015 at 3:23 AM Post #205 of 2,918
  Enjoyed watching the video Jude. Your infectious enthusiasm definitely permeated through
smile.gif

Looks like Tyll has a 1v1 lined up with the successor and Axel. Hot off Big Sound 2015(and his comments on how far the HP realm has progressed), it will be doubly interesting to hear what he has to say.

He deserves it.  :)  

Nov 4, 2015 at 3:24 AM Post #206 of 2,918
Damn, $55k. That's, like, 11 times better than the SR-009. Well, if you also have a BHSE, then the system is only 5 times better or so. But still. Anybody that buys this automatically becomes 5 times better than a Stax owner! Just imagine how good you'll feel.

No, seriously, I'd love to hear these, but at that price they're completely irrelevant and, as Currawong said, not really a part of the hobby except for a privileged few.

Nov 4, 2015 at 3:38 AM Post #208 of 2,918

Wot.....?
They're not even the Justin Beiber Special Tour Edition...?       Just not gonna float in the Orpheus 2's company, I'm afraid.

Damn! I just can't keep up with the "in crowd".

What if I combined my sexy headphones with some high end amplification gear? Something like this?

That should have those Orpheus folks green with envy!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back