The Sennheiser Orpheus 2? A First Look At The Sennheiser HE-1 (The New Orpheus)
Jan 11, 2016 at 7:39 PM Post #1,456 of 2,918
Who posted the the stax apwas more mid centric then the he 800 and posting the stax is more musical than the hd800. As this hobby is all about indiduality I can not agree with it. .
The amp of choice sets the pace of the sound even more than the headphone itself in some ways.
The new O2 is not just stuck but it's paired for the end game ultra setup only leaving the source to be chosen. That's fine. For me. After all they spent a lot of time and mucho money to make the pairing perfect in the ears lol. Now I can add this. I own a few amps and dacs and lampizator has made a new product it's called a head dac . The dac is on a b7 level and it allows to roll almost any tube combo . Both drivers recti and output tubes. All I can say is the many headphones I own or have tried left me not wanting to try another amp or dac. Now I post this to prove a point the hd800 is about 90 of stax in this combo and the stax may beat them in combo with a tricked out woo Wes but still does not give me the euphoric sound the hd800 have Nd only the he6 in musicality beats the, both using ots dac.

Jan 12, 2016 at 12:38 AM Post #1,457 of 2,918
thought i'd look in on this thread to see how it's "progressing". thanks to chowmein83 for the comparative impressions. i think he might be the third person posting in this thread who has actually heard the orpheus 2. it appears that little else has changed apart from that...

Jan 12, 2016 at 2:16 AM Post #1,458 of 2,918
Ha, I'm guilty of contributing to that.  I have thought for a while that this forum needs another button where users can mark posts as 'impressions' /comparisons / reviews.  Then if you were interested in a product that was a million pages long, you could filter by 'impressions' and get the 20 posts with useful information and filter out the chat...

Jan 12, 2016 at 9:24 AM Post #1,459 of 2,918
Hey I too own a pair of those speakers.

I know I own a BHSE
All,options

Now I can add this. I own a few amps and dacs and lampizator has made a new product it's called a head dac . The dac is on a b7 level and it allows to roll almost any tube combo

Relax and yes I am not an engineer but I do own over 200 K in equipment and do compare sound on them It's just a view and no more but he is misleading us as I said.

I'm just curious to know what it's like to own one of everything?  I imagine your word should be gospel on gear since you seem to own one of everything and can make comparisons instantly at any time.

I know I don't speak for myself when I say I would absolutely love to see a picture of what $200k in equipment looks like.

Jan 12, 2016 at 10:54 AM Post #1,460 of 2,918
Look me up here there is at least 80 or more in pictures.
I do not think I have posted my speaker systems.
Now I do not claim to know more but I can speak from
Ownin as opposed to just a listen

Jan 12, 2016 at 11:10 AM Post #1,461 of 2,918
Look me up here there is at least 80 or more in pictures.
I do not think I have posted my speaker systems.
Now I do not claim to know more but I can speak from
Ownin as opposed to just a listen

I gotta know...what do you do for money?

Jan 12, 2016 at 11:50 AM Post #1,462 of 2,918
  I have thought for a while that this forum needs another button where users can mark posts as 'impressions' /comparisons / reviews.  Then if you were interested in a product that was a million pages long, you could filter by 'impressions' and get the 20 posts with useful information and filter out the chat...

Great idea, and it just hit me how we could use tagging and the existing "Search this thread" function to enable filtering. Sadly, it doesn't support hashtags, but if you use "ht:" instead of "#", it works.

As a test, I tagged three of my posts in this thread with "ht:impressions" (1), "ht:comparisons" (2) and "ht:impressions ht:comparisons" (3).
Now, if you search for "ht:impressions", you get (1) and (3) as a result. If you search for "ht:comparisons", you get (2) and (3). And if you search for "ht:impressions OR ht:comparisons", you get all three posts.

So, basically all we'd need is have people tag their posts with "ht:impressions", "ht:comparisons" or "ht:reviews" 
smile_phones.gif

(Edit: moved explanation into spoiler tag to exclude from search)

Jan 12, 2016 at 12:04 PM Post #1,463 of 2,918
love to see a picture[....].

was curious, found:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/746057/lampizator-head-dac#post_11121569
http://www.head-fi.org/t/650510/the-new-hd800-impressions-thread/10425#post_10533119
http://www.head-fi.org/t/704528/hifiman-high-end-series-owners-club-enter-with-the-google-docs-form/150#post_10260634
[EDIT]: images here -
http://www.head-fi.org/g/a/696780/default/
http://www.head-fi.org/g/e/u/344156/ALRAINBOW/

NB! Sorry my interest (hope not too 'private')

Jan 12, 2016 at 6:35 PM Post #1,464 of 2,918
Oh, Al is the real deal, no doubt about it. And I think he's mentioned somewhere that he owns (owned?) several businesses, although which type of business I'm not sure. Care to enlighten us, Al? (Not to sidetrack too much, but I must confess I'm intrigued as well.)

Jan 12, 2016 at 10:47 PM Post #1,465 of 2,918
  I'm just curious to know what it's like to own one of everything?  I imagine your word should be gospel on gear since you seem to own one of everything and can make comparisons instantly at any time.

I know I don't speak for myself when I say I would absolutely love to see a picture of what $200k in equipment looks like.

I would not get wrapped up in Al owning $200k worth of gear. It is an impressive amount but the dude needs everyone else's approval, every ten minutes, to buy an Orpheus 2 and has a hard time accepting (at least he comes off that way to me) when we say there is a decent chance on paper that this is far from the end all.

$200k worth of gear does not make your word gospel...just means you own $200k worth of gear...

Jan 13, 2016 at 3:13 AM Post #1,466 of 2,918
thought i'd look in on this thread to see how it's "progressing". thanks to chowmein83 for the comparative impressions. i think he might be the third person posting in this thread who has actually heard the orpheus 2. it appears that little else has changed apart from that...

Quite honestly not a dang thing since about the end of page 1, ok may page 2. Otherwise same crap over and over. LOL

Jan 13, 2016 at 5:19 AM Post #1,467 of 2,918

I would not get wrapped up in Al owning $200k worth of gear. It is an impressive amount but the dude needs everyone else's approval, every ten minutes, to buy an Orpheus 2 and has a hard time accepting (at least he comes off that way to me) when we say there is a decent chance on paper that this is far from the end all.

$200k worth of gear does not make your word gospel...just means you own $200k worth of gear...

Hey, aren't you confusing Al with another quite prolific poster (I forget his name, but I think there was an "Al" in there somewhere as well)?

Quite honestly not a dang thing since about the end of page 1, ok may page 2. Otherwise same crap over and over. LOL

Does that assessment include your own 100+ posts? LOL

Jan 13, 2016 at 2:20 PM Post #1,468 of 2,918
Jan 13, 2016 at 8:30 PM Post #1,469 of 2,918

Hey, aren't you confusing Al with another quite prolific poster (I forget his name, but I think there was an "Al" in there somewhere as well)?

To me nobody's word is gospel. Even the mighty Jude and Tyll I disagree with on some things. Tyll likes the D5k over the th-600 which I disagree with and Jude likes Audeze 3f, X, 3c while I am X, 3c, 3f.

Jan 13, 2016 at 9:46 PM Post #1,470 of 2,918
What you like can be and is individuality but a good reviewer should be able to make you understand what they hear in comparisons to other devices / headphones what ever. I dislike the emigre lcd line for its laid back style but I do own a pair of lcd 3. Relaxing to use if in the mood. Rule loves the lcd line. But we shroud listen to other views as I do. So my point is read and enjoy but try to find thise reviewers who seem to hear as you do. Tyle is a fav of mine mice man and truly knows what he is hearing and explains so too understand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back