The Sennheiser HD-600 thread
Jan 17, 2010 at 3:54 AM Post #421 of 672
All upgradeitus left me in regards to a fullsize headphone after I got my HD600. I am now waiting for a pair of IE8 to arrive, hoping they will cure my IEM upgradeitus LOL.

Jan 17, 2010 at 8:53 AM Post #422 of 672
Quote:

Originally Posted by Valens7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm sorry, but anyone who says this headphone doesn't have any synergy with the Gilmore Lite is just crazy! Or, more likely, they have a different sense of what constitutes good sound than myself.
tongue.gif

I myself like my cheap ld mk2 with mullard ef92 tubes with the hd580/600s more than my old gilmore lite with dps upgrade
tongue.gif

Jan 17, 2010 at 9:17 AM Post #423 of 672
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chri5peed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The paint-job is yucky.

Don't blast. Its like wallpaper, if its busy, you'll get as many people who'll love it as hate it.
If you paint your walls white, most will not find it bad.

Not many headphones have crazy paint-jobs.

I thought they were molded plastic, and the "marbling" was carbon fiber. I've never heard of the HD600s' paint chipping like the 650 headbands do.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong!

Quote:

Originally Posted by kamal007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thats why im probably gonna go with a modded 580..not because of the price but mainly because of the marble finish.. the hd650 finish however is gorgeous

Different strokes for different folks, I feel exactly the opposite
tongue.gif

I really like my 600s now more than ever before and come back to them quite often. I would agree that they do need synergy in a modest system, however.

And they say, "Made in Ireland" on them, how cool is that (I know, they're only assembled there, but still)!

Jan 17, 2010 at 9:31 AM Post #424 of 672
The hd600s are classics. They look great. I actually think the hd580/600/650 are the best looking cans in the universe. The Jubilee is ridiculously sexy
biggrin.gif

Apr 10, 2010 at 9:41 PM Post #425 of 672
A new member arrives, jumped upon the deal of £99 from play.com!! What a steal.

First impressions are great <1 hour. Bare in mind I previously listened to SR80's, I'm really enjoying the bass extension and detail, definitely a larger sound stage compared to the Grado's. At the moment (damn, looks like i'm gonna be spending more money), the HD600's are being driven by my home stereo, a Marantz PM6003, so probably not as well driven as they could be. I will likely look into buying a Woo amp, because they're sexy as hell.

Tom.

P.S Do the HD600's have a a significant burn in (time/change in sound)?

xx

Apr 11, 2010 at 6:25 AM Post #426 of 672
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mayzei /img/forum/go_quote.gif
P.S Do the HD600's have a a significant burn in (time/change in sound)?

IME, yes.

Apr 11, 2010 at 8:17 AM Post #429 of 672
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mayzei /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm really enjoying the bass extension and detail, definitely a larger sound stage compared to the Grado's.

Have listened to my new ones (also the play,.com deal) for about 10 hours now and the bass has yet to join the party! Soundstage isn't as good as the IE8 or the HD595, it sounds a bit congested and nothing like as airy as I'd expected. Perhaps the amp is the limiting factor (another upgrade pending...
rolleyes.gif
)

On a positive note, flutes and bassoons sound much, much clearer than on the HD595. Detail is very good too.

Apr 11, 2010 at 3:12 PM Post #430 of 672
Quote:

Originally Posted by plonter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how do you guys like the HD600 with metal/electronica music?

I like them for metal just fine, I actually prefer them to my SR325is thus far. Can't comment on electronica but from what I've read the HD650 are the bassier phones perhaps making them better for that.

Apr 11, 2010 at 3:19 PM Post #431 of 672
Quote:

Originally Posted by RTF /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I like them for metal just fine, I actually prefer them to my SR325is thus far. Can't comment on electronica but from what I've read the HD650 are the bassier phones perhaps making them better for that.

thanks, if you prefer them over grado for that genre it says something,

Apr 11, 2010 at 6:31 PM Post #432 of 672
I was actually surprised when listening to rock, I found I wasn't disappointed at all, coming from the more forward SR80's. Especially with progressive artists like PT, as long as it's well recorded, it looks like the HD600's pull off anything!

Tom.

xx

Apr 11, 2010 at 6:42 PM Post #433 of 672
Quote:

Originally Posted by grokit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I thought they were molded plastic, and the "marbling" was carbon fiber. I've never heard of the HD600s' paint chipping like the 650 headbands do.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong!

The paint does chip leaving black underneath. No problem though...still sound as good as ever
normal_smile .gif

Apr 11, 2010 at 8:00 PM Post #434 of 672
Quote:

Not lively enough. Not enough oommphh. The issue is the headphone is very neutral. They're very laid back.

Quote:

Originally Posted by spookygonk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've found the clamp on the head is quite startling compared to my 9 year old HD580s. I'm used to more relaxed pressure.

How I felt when I first recived them. Now I wear them on top of a cap because the headband pulls my hair off often.

Apr 11, 2010 at 8:35 PM Post #435 of 672
Quote:

I don't listen to a lot of metal so I can't comment on that. I think they are pretty awesome with electronica. It sounds good with pretty much all types, but I really like how it sounds with stuff like Shpongle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back