The Schiitstorm: Next-Gen Magni 2 and Modi 2 Family!
Dec 14, 2014 at 11:44 PM Post #196 of 1,909

It's a shame people have to abuse programs intended to benefit them. Just like animals who bite the hand that feeds them...

That said, the thought of only one return a year makes me nervous to order new products. In the back of my mind, I'm always thinking "Hey, they might come out with some killer release later that you really could find a place for in your setup. Don't waste your return now..."

It can be very hard to ignore the hype and just wait for reviews to come in rather than order and review with my own ears. :'(

Noted, and that is something we can easily change. In fact, I just changed it to 3 per year. 

http://schiit.com/faq/warranty-returns

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Dec 14, 2014 at 11:54 PM Post #197 of 1,909
Wow really 3? Just like that.
Unreal man. Crazy thanks,

Dec 14, 2014 at 11:54 PM Post #198 of 1,909
Noted, and that is something we can easily change. In fact, I just changed it to 3 per year. 

Wow! What a company. It's really refreshing to deal with people who actually listen to their customers. Thanks, Jason. 

Hear that, guys? No more waiting for Amazon Schiit 
beerchug.gif

Dec 14, 2014 at 11:59 PM Post #199 of 1,909

Wow! What a company. It's really refreshing to deal with people who actually listen to their customers. Thanks, Jason. 

Hear that, guys? No more waiting for Amazon Schiit 
beerchug.gif

No problem, I've been considering it for some time, since that policy was put into place when we had a much smaller line. With the number of products we have now, it really doesn't make sense anymore. Thanks for reminding me to take a look at it.

I also added something that we've been doing for a while, but never formalized: waiving of restocking fees if you're moving up the line (assuming, of course, you end up keeping the more expensive product.)

So, the new, revised Schiit policies:schiit.com/faq/warranty-returns

Yeah, I know, we're still an eeeeevil business, so you can't keep something for 30 days, decide to return it, and then expect to pay no restocking fee and have us eat the shipping, too. Sorry about that. We still ain't Amazon.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Dec 15, 2014 at 12:11 AM Post #200 of 1,909

No problem, I've been considering it for some time, since that policy was put into place when we had a much smaller line. With the number of products we have now, it really doesn't make sense anymore. Thanks for reminding me to take a look at it.

No faceless corporation goes as far as you guys do to get in real touch with it's customer base, been noticing it for a bit now. My girlfriend wonders why I own an A2 and drool for the day I pick up the Bifrost Uber, great product, solid community* involvement, sure your not gonna win the ears and hearts of all but hey, all businesses get that. Just nice to see someone actually gives a well, you know.

*Worldwide I'd guess by now.

Dec 15, 2014 at 12:23 AM Post #201 of 1,909
Well that was almost a comically simple resolution. I can dig it.

trying really hard not to buy an Uber stack. After all, I've been "clean", happy with my Modi Magni stack for the last two years. Don't make me fall off the wagon now...

Dec 15, 2014 at 12:24 AM Post #202 of 1,909
Hey Jason, 

So, I actually originally purchased the Magni + Modi through Amazon less than 14 days prior to the announcement. I chose amazon as I deal with them regularly and it seemed convenient. When the announcement hit, I panicked and clicked return (through amazon), and directly purchased the Magni+Modi 2 Ubers through your site directly. It looks like I actually ate the shipping fees on the return through amazon (not the end of the world) but I wanted to mention that I don't have the original boxes for the Magni/Modi return - I left them by my garage and the CA storm this last week destroyed them. 

Please don't be mad - I'll be sending the devices back to Amazon Fulfillment securely bubble wrapped within a lovely bodybuilding.com box.  

-mtf612

Dec 15, 2014 at 12:28 AM Post #203 of 1,909

http://schiit.com/faq/warranty-returns

What if I’ve spilled a thermos of coffee inside my Asgard, dragged it along the beach with a ATV, and used it for sledgehammer target practice, but I really really want to return it? Um, how about “no?”

I don't remember if that was on there before, but I literally LOL'ed

Dec 15, 2014 at 12:35 AM Post #204 of 1,909
I've never returned any of the Schiit components I've purchased (Gungnir Gen2 USB, Wyrd, Asgard 2 and Lyr) and I continue to respect and appreciate Schiit Audio's way of doing business. I've been a music lover all my life and serious about audio gear since the mid-eighties and I've never seen a company offer as much for the money as Schiit Audio. My hat's off to you guys!

Dec 15, 2014 at 1:09 AM Post #205 of 1,909
I really eying a asgard 2 for my HE-500 but I also eying the Magni2 uber. so I wonder how the HE-500 would sound with either magni2 or the uber..

Dec 15, 2014 at 1:52 AM Post #206 of 1,909

And it's the weekend.... give them a break and some time to reply the questions here... 

Well, this is the last time I'm going to post in this thread...

Jason posted 3 more times in this thread just now and he still hasn't officially answered what the differences are between Modi and Modi 2, other than 24/192 capabilities. He'd rather talk about return policies and Amazon, than the actual new products that's being introduced here.

You see what I mean by this question is being ignored and dodged? I don't know why it's such a difficult question to answer. I'm not the only one who's curious either. Like I said, it's been asked multiple times since the 2nd and 3rd page of this thread and still no answer. 

Dec 15, 2014 at 2:13 AM Post #207 of 1,909
  Obviously it's not just about the DAC chip. However, there's little reason to launch a new model (name) if the components aren't updated and upgraded... other than marketing.

And of course it matters whether or not the DAC chip was upgraded or not. I've held off buying a Modi mainly because of multiple reports and reviews claiming that the unit is barely better than most PC sound cards. Others say it's not even worth the $100.

I recently bought the Vali and want to upgrade my E10's DAC. If the Modi 2 comes with a better DAC chip that sounds better than its predecessor, then I'm willing to plop down the $100 for it and $20 for cables. If it isn't upgraded in any way, I'd rather choose other DACs that perform better in the same price range.

Good luck with that...

Dec 15, 2014 at 4:02 AM Post #209 of 1,909

Well, this is the last time I'm going to post in this thread...

Jason posted 3 more times in this thread just now and he still hasn't officially answered what the differences are between Modi and Modi 2, other than 24/192 capabilities. He'd rather talk about return policies and Amazon, than the actual new products that's being introduced here.

You see what I mean by this question is being ignored and dodged? I don't know why it's such a difficult question to answer. I'm not the only one who's curious either. Like I said, it's been asked multiple times since the 2nd and 3rd page of this thread and still no answer. 

I like your question. Perhaps the question isn't being answered b/c you wouldn't like the answer. At this point it looks like the bolded above is the only difference.

But then again, it's the "Modi" 2. It's not like they are trying to recreate a new DAC lineup here. Probably just the second version of original Modi with option for

24/192 audio. Not reinventing the wheel entirely with this or claiming to either.  It's not like the price shot up either. If you could start to make a slightly better

version of something, why not do it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back