The Schiitstorm: Next-Gen Magni 2 and Modi 2 Family!
May 15, 2015 at 9:35 PM Post #1,846 of 1,909
Noted, and that is something we can easily change. In fact, I just changed it to 3 per year. 

http://schiit.com/faq/warranty-returns

I know this is 6 months old, but as I wait for my Schiit to arrive (and make my way through all the historical threads), this makes me want to upgrade to the Schiit Valhalla 2 (which will eventually happen, when funds are available).

I'm currently awaiting the Vali (which is on the way!) but I'm quickly becoming a big fan.

P.S. I thought 2 per year was already pretty reasonable! :)

Noted, and that is something we can easily change. In fact, I just changed it to 3 per year. 

http://schiit.com/faq/warranty-returns

Jun 1, 2015 at 1:36 PM Post #1,847 of 1,909
A heads-up to anyone using a Modi 2 or Modi 2 Uber with the CMEDIA USB 2.0 driver on Windows 8.1. I got a notice that the Windows 10 update is coming. I wanted to make sure that the driver would work with Windows 10 so I sent an email to Schiit. This was their reply:

Some systems have worked others have not, currently we do not guarantee functionally and are not able to support Windows 10.

Jun 1, 2015 at 2:14 PM Post #1,848 of 1,909
Been using both the Loki & Modi drivers with the Windows 10 Technical Preview for over a month now with no problems.

Jun 1, 2015 at 2:59 PM Post #1,849 of 1,909
  A heads-up to anyone using a Modi 2 or Modi 2 Uber with the CMEDIA USB 2.0 driver on Windows 8.1. I got a notice that the Windows 10 update is coming. I wanted to make sure that the driver would work with Windows 10 so I sent an email to Schiit. This was their reply:

I'm not at all surprised that they can't support Windows 10 yet.  It won't be out officially until July.  The only variants out in the wild, so to speak, are pre-release (beta) versions. 

They will need to obtain copies of the official release and perform tests against it with various hardware platforms before they can do so. 

Any vendor of products that interface with Windows machines will tell you the same at the moment (i.e., they won't officially support it yet and YMMV...)

That will all settle out in the months after the official release.

Jun 8, 2015 at 3:00 PM Post #1,850 of 1,909
Hey all, 

I have never used an amp or dac before. But, after purchasing the ATH-M50s and seeing how much better audio can sound, I'm looking to make more investments into my audio gear. I will be purchasing the Phillips Fidelio X2 and was wondering how much would the Modi 2 Uber and Magni 2 Uber stack help/improve the sound quality that I could get out from these two headphones. 

Also, I will be running the system from my laptop. 

All responses will be appreciated. Thanks. 

Jun 9, 2015 at 9:09 AM Post #1,851 of 1,909
  Hey all, 

I have never used an amp or dac before. But, after purchasing the ATH-M50s and seeing how much better audio can sound, I'm looking to make more investments into my audio gear. I will be purchasing the Phillips Fidelio X2 and was wondering how much would the Modi 2 Uber and Magni 2 Uber stack help/improve the sound quality that I could get out from these two headphones. 

If your laptop's headphone out sounds bad then you'll probably notice a difference. If it happens to be one of the better ones (some Macs, my work laptop for some reason), you might not notice a difference at all since the X2 is apparently easy to drive (so I've heard, I haven't had the opportunity to listen to one yet).

Jun 9, 2015 at 9:49 AM Post #1,852 of 1,909
  Hey all, 

I was looking for a little improvement over Fiio X3 E12  DAP/Amp combo and for use with laptop. The difference was jaw dropping with all the headphones and IEMs I use. I was planning on mostly using X3 through the COAX but I find myself using laptop almost exclusively. I'm running a 28 foot usb system. 16ft repeater usb cable and standard 15ft cable from LT to UBER stack with no issues at all.

Jun 27, 2015 at 9:10 PM Post #1,853 of 1,909
HD600 unamped is not even close to what it sounds like with the Magni 2 on high gain.

As an aside, however, has anyone else noticed the switches on the back of the Magni 2 having lateral play?

I don't mean just a little bit, my power switch looks like it can get a 10 degree angle.  My gain switch has considerably less lateral deflection.  

Jul 13, 2015 at 3:14 PM Post #1,854 of 1,909
The Sennheiser HD650 which I use (very close to the 600) sounds much better with the amp, even if you do not need the full volume. I mid or low volume area the here more details of your music.

Aug 13, 2015 at 2:18 AM Post #1,855 of 1,909
Hey guys!

Just recently joined the forum and recently bought the Magni 2 Uber & Modi 2 Uber stack with HD600. Currently the stack is connected to my laptop via usb.

Quick question. How do i connect my pair of speakers to the stack? Would be nice if you guys posted photos of how yours are setup in terms of the cables and ports
Thanks! 

Aug 13, 2015 at 8:20 AM Post #1,856 of 1,909
  Hey guys!

Just recently joined the forum and recently bought the Magni 2 Uber & Modi 2 Uber stack with HD600. Currently the stack is connected to my laptop via usb.

Quick question. How do i connect my pair of speakers to the stack? Would be nice if you guys posted photos of how yours are setup in terms of the cables and ports
Thanks! 

Is your speakers passive or powered? 

Aug 13, 2015 at 9:44 AM Post #1,858 of 1,909
I'm using the Yamaha HS5. i dont need a separate amp right? If so, do i connect my monitor to the preamp outputs of the magni 2 uber via rca to xlr cable?

You do not need a separate amp. Because your speakers are powered, you can connect directly from the pre-amp outputs of the Magni 2 Uber to your powered speakers. However I'm a little unsure about the XLR. I think if you buy two cables like these, you'll be set:

http://www.amazon.com/Monoprice-104776-3-Feet-Premier-16AWG/dp/B001UJH0XU

Aug 13, 2015 at 10:20 AM Post #1,859 of 1,909

Users who are viewing this thread

Back