The Sad State Of The So Called Audiophile DAP Market
Jul 26, 2015 at 2:52 AM Post #1,381 of 1,456
Not been on XDA in ages...

Does the dragon-Fi mod work on the M9 also?

Jul 26, 2015 at 4:11 AM Post #1,383 of 1,456
Jul 26, 2015 at 6:28 AM Post #1,384 of 1,456
I just bought the new Apple Touch 6G 128GB.

I remember back on head-fi when the choices were ipod, imod, Cowon or sansa and a few others.

I am always tempted to pick up a new player.
The original ibasso was too big, the Hifimans looked too clunky, the first AK had too much output impedance.

Now the likes of the Fiio series, ibasso DX90 and the lower tier AK players are attractive and I have have samples friends, at shows or in stores.

Still not sold on any particular one.
I would probably be keen to pick up an AK240 but the price puts me off.

For now i will use my Touch with Hifi-m8 and flacplayer app. Still on the Apple kool aid bandwagon....

Jul 26, 2015 at 7:19 AM Post #1,386 of 1,456
Yeah about that. US$400.
Around the price of a small AK, fiio or DX.

But what would I do with my dac/amps ... :wink:

Plus the wifi on the new Touch is nice and snappy fast.

Jul 26, 2015 at 7:40 AM Post #1,387 of 1,456
Yeah about that. US$400.
Around the price of a small AK, fiio or DX.

But what would I do with my dac/amps ...
wink.gif

Plus the wifi on the new Touch is nice and snappy fast.

Ok help me out here mate. Is there a way that I can see and play my files in folder view if I were to buy that 128gb toy?

I have the latest generation iPod with me 160 gb one. I couldn't hate iTunes more I guess so I rockbox'd my device and since then I might be the happiest iPod owner. So if I were to buy a new iDevice, I would love to have the opportunity to browse my files in folder construction, just like Windows you know.

Jul 26, 2015 at 8:11 AM Post #1,388 of 1,456
Ok help me out here mate. Is there a way that I can see and play my files in folder view if I were to buy that 128gb toy?

I have the latest generation iPod with me 160 gb one. I couldn't hate iTunes more I guess so I rockbox'd my device and since then I might be the happiest iPod owner. So if I were to buy a new iDevice, I would love to have the opportunity to browse my files in folder construction, just like Windows you know.

Android device with sd cards would be my choice.

Jul 26, 2015 at 8:38 AM Post #1,390 of 1,456
I use flacplayer app.

I open itunes, select apps, scroll down to and choose flacplayer app.

Then there is an add button, that takes me to my computer memory and i select album file.
And add it to the app/touch.

Or else you can send them over wifi i believe but i havent tried that method.

Is this what you are asking?

Jul 26, 2015 at 8:44 AM Post #1,392 of 1,456
I guess this will do nicely thank you. Really appreciate it.

One step closer to buy an iDevice again I guess. Plus you have those variety of dac/amp combos to work with from CLabs to Centrance.

Jul 26, 2015 at 10:29 AM Post #1,395 of 1,456
So which DAP are we going to crown..

"The happiest state of the audiophile DAP market"

We can't really have the sadest state without the other, there's simply no balance in that.

I'd come very close to laying that crown on FiiO's X3II, it has the value price, features, settings, portability,

Just the sound isnt my style. Many may also dismiss the scroll wheel.

What's your happiest DAP of 2015? :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back