The Ruizu X02 DAP thread
May 4, 2016 at 3:36 AM Post #556 of 774
I've also got the C1 and the thought that it's a rebranded X02 ha never crossed my mind. From my communication with Benjie I really doubt this is the case since they seem to consider the X02 their main competitor.

Edit : I've never care much for the clip and AFAIK it's discontinued now (or at least the "good" version) and I'd pick something like the Idalist S1813 over the clip any day, ymmw

That Idealist S1813 does catch my interest. Mind sharing some impressions about it Peter?
I see that you got one in your profile 
wink_face.gif
wink_face.gif

May 4, 2016 at 3:52 AM Post #557 of 774
It sounds great with a clean and clear sound. A step up from the X02 IMO but it uses the same UI. I had both before my Ruizu died and preffered the Idealist but loved the battery time on the X02 when traveling.

I'll compare the C1 to the Idealist in my review that should be up this weekend :wink:

May 4, 2016 at 12:49 PM Post #558 of 774
I've also got the C1 and the thought that it's a rebranded X02 ha never crossed my mind. From my communication with Benjie I really doubt this is the case since they seem to consider the X02 their main competitor.

Edit : I've never care much for the clip and AFAIK it's discontinued now (or at least the "good" version) and I'd pick something like the Idalist S1813 over the clip any day, ymmw

It certainly looks like the same thing.  From pictures the casing is the same.  The box it comes in uses the exact same font.  The menu/UI is very similar to other Ruizu players I have.  I've read the new Ruizu X02 has an improved UI; I haven't seen it but my guess is it's what the Benji C-1 is using.  If you have evidence to the contrary please let me know.

I'm not willing to order a new Ruizu because I've been very disappointed with the two I ordered previously.

May 4, 2016 at 1:27 PM Post #559 of 774
It certainly looks like the same thing.  From pictures the casing is the same.  The box it comes in uses the exact same font.  The menu/UI is very similar to other Ruizu players I have.  I've read the new Ruizu X02 has an improved UI; I haven't seen it but my guess is it's what the Benji C-1 is using.  If you have evidence to the contrary please let me know.

I'm not willing to order a new Ruizu because I've been very disappointed with the two I ordered previously.

I thought you own both?

They're similar but far from identical (and that's probably true for a pot of DAPs) looking and sound is not the same as the old X02 that's for sure.

Edit : for some reason I'm not able to upload the rest of the pictures, I'll try again later.

If real world first hand experience isn't good enough for you I cannot imagine what would be.....

May 4, 2016 at 2:01 PM Post #560 of 774
I thought you own both?

They're similar but far from identical (and that's probably true for a pot of DAPs) looking and sound is not the same as the old X02 that's for sure.

Edit : for some reason I'm not able to upload the rest of the pictures, I'll try again later.

If real world first hand experience isn't good enough for you I cannot imagine what would be....

Empirical evidence is enough for me, yes.  Though the similarities (right down to the fonts used on the player itself and on Ruizu/Benjie packaging) are striking.  I do still wonder if Ruizu is building these for Benjie.

The C-1 does not sound like Ruizu X-10.

I'll be interested to read your upcoming review.

May 4, 2016 at 3:02 PM Post #561 of 774
Hello, my X02 just arrived. After realizing that the default firmware sorted the tracks randomly, I flashed to the 1.7 version, thas suppousedly fixes it. It did for the local memory, however as soon as I change the folder to the SD, it's all sorted randomly again. I've tried copying it in order but it didn't help. It's pretty weird. Anyone knows something about this? Thank you

May 5, 2016 at 2:07 AM Post #562 of 774

Hmm, I only seem to be able to upload one picture then the next one never gets added. Was the same yesterday....

May 5, 2016 at 2:32 AM Post #563 of 774
It sounds great with a clean and clear sound. A step up from the X02 IMO but it uses the same UI. I had both before my Ruizu died and preffered the Idealist but loved the battery time on the X02 when traveling.

I'll compare the C1 to the Idealist in my review that should be up this weekend :wink:

Hello peter
Which is good based on sq in the 20$ range

May 5, 2016 at 2:38 AM Post #564 of 774
Hello peter
Which is good based on sq in the 20$ range

The best (for my preference) I've came across this far based on sq only is the Idalist S1813. The prices seems to vary quite a bit on them from $20-35, I paid $22 for mine so might be worth watching for the best price to save some bucks.

May 5, 2016 at 2:46 AM Post #565 of 774
The best (for my preference) I've came across this far based on sq only is the Idalist S1813. The prices seems to vary quite a bit on them from $20-35, I paid $22 for mine so might be worth watching for the best price to save some bucks.

How is it compared to fiio x1 and xduoox2,x3 in sq only

May 5, 2016 at 2:53 AM Post #566 of 774
How is it compared to fiio x1 and xduoox2,x3 in sq only

Sorry haven't heard any of those. I don't have to many DAPs since I'm using Android phones with external dac/amp combos most of the time.

In general I wouldn't expect a $20 player to hold up against a well regarded $100 one though.

What I can say is that I've got several well regarded dac/amps in the $100-200 range and I still enjoy the Idealist a lot and uses it as much as any other source I own. Just never seen any point in doing a real comparison between the Idealist and the others due to the difference in usage.

May 17, 2016 at 3:03 PM Post #570 of 774
  is there any info for stock firmware Ruizu X02?

That's an agressive question. I don't know if you mean information from and by the manufacturer, or information teetering on the lips of all who write and read this thread.

I only have a vague grasp of the details in terms of being able to describe it to you.

What sort of information are you looking for?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back