The Ruizu X02 DAP thread
Apr 25, 2016 at 12:40 PM Post #526 of 774

Hey, I am looking to get this AGPtek B03 player as well. I just need to find out if songs can be skipped/volume controlled with heaphone inline remote. Do you know if your player can do it? Or can you please try it out? I need this feature and if this player has it I think it's go time!

Apr 25, 2016 at 12:49 PM Post #527 of 774

Hey, I am looking to get this AGPtek B03 player as well. I just need to find out if songs can be skipped/volume controlled with heaphone inline remote. Do you know if your player can do it? Or can you please try it out? I need this feature and if this player has it I think it's go time!

About no non-Apple player is able to read these commands (and the B03 cannot either). FiiO players allow for track but no volume control. Imvho you should probably look out for a (maybe used) iPod or FiiO X1.

Apr 25, 2016 at 12:50 PM Post #528 of 774

I'm fairly sure the B03 does not respond to in-line remote commands but not 100%, I've not tried it myself.

Perhaps the designer, who sometimes posts here, can say.

Apr 25, 2016 at 1:32 PM Post #529 of 774

I'm fairly sure the B03 does not respond to in-line remote commands but not 100%, I've not tried it myself.

Perhaps the designer, who sometimes posts here, can say.

Well, as I said, the B03 does not respond to in-line remote commands and I've got it myself.

Apr 26, 2016 at 3:35 AM Post #532 of 774
Yes, B03 doesn't respond to in-line control. A new model (Model name: A12)  which support in-line control will be available soon.

Leo, that sounds really good! 
smile.gif

Do you have any more infos you can already share with us? I know that you reached out in the RockBox forums some time ago to find chips that allow for RockBox integration. Did you find a sufficient model?

Apr 26, 2016 at 5:59 AM Post #533 of 774

Leo, that sounds really good! 
smile.gif

Do you have any more infos you can already share with us? I know that you reached out in the RockBox forums some time ago to find chips that allow for RockBox integration. Did you find a sufficient model?

Hopefully, though it doesn't seem like an easy task, finding a practical solution.

Apr 26, 2016 at 9:16 AM Post #534 of 774

Thanks for the info. I will continue looking. Apple is out of the question. I have the Newsmy G1 player which is great, but if it only had the inline remote support it would be perfect! I guess my only option for a small DAP with inline remote support is Fiio M3. But so many people are complaining about its UI. And since I just bought the Newsmy G1 for 70$ I am not sure if I want to put in another 50$ for another player just for the Inline remote capability. Maybe I will get the M3 and try to sell Newsmy. But this Newsmy does sound great and has a lot of power! Which I do like.

Apr 26, 2016 at 8:13 PM Post #536 of 774
Hi,

I have an AGPTek A02, which is the non-Chinese market version of the Ruizu X02, and I've upgraded it to v1.7 of the firmware.

I'm scratching my head here because I'm having major problems getting it to sort and play albums correctly.

I have realised that when playing from the Music option the tracks are ordered incorrectly and that I should play music using the Folder option instead. While tracks are ordered correctly when playing by folder I can't get the player to stop after playing the last track - it goes on to the next folder and then the next, and so on unless I manually stop it!

What is the trick I'm missing to get this player to play an album?

Thanks in advance.

Apr 26, 2016 at 8:43 PM Post #537 of 774
  Hi,

I have an AGPTek A02, which is the non-Chinese market version of the Ruizu X02, and I've upgraded it to v1.7 of the firmware.

I'm scratching my head here because I'm having major problems getting it to sort and play albums correctly.

I have realised that when playing from the Music option the tracks are ordered incorrectly and that I should play music using the Folder option instead. While tracks are ordered correctly when playing by folder I can't get the player to stop after playing the last track - it goes on to the next folder and then the next, and so on unless I manually stop it!

Thanks in advance.

I don't think there is a way to stop it playing on into the next folder.

I hope they don't do anything to stop it, either. I actually like the way it does that. Only one of my other daps does that. This little DAP would quickly lose favor with me if it stopped doing it.

Apr 26, 2016 at 10:45 PM Post #538 of 774

I hope they don't do anything to stop it, either. I actually like the way it does that. Only one of my other daps does that. This little DAP would quickly lose favor with me if it stopped doing it.

Hi,

Thanks in advance.

Hi

That is strange
My player is working fine with the order in the album,

For the folder issue. @EmPathWalker ,As he say.
If you really like play the separate folder
May be you could try their new player.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01ER5FJAE

However, they are not available yet

Apr 27, 2016 at 11:35 AM Post #539 of 774

It is interesting that you find this behaviour a feature. I suppose I could think of some situations when it might be useful, but playing a complete album from start to end is a very common scenario for me, which is difficult to do with this player. If it was possible to play an album in the correct order through the Music icon then perhaps continuing on to the next folder would be more acceptable when playing through the Folder icon.

An option to play songs from the current folder only would be best. You could turn it off and I could turn it on :)

This could be an overall option or it could be included in the "Play from..." menu item with a "this folder" option, for instance.

Incidentally, right now the "Play from..." option is a bit messed up when playing by folder. It seems to migrate from the navigation style used by the Folder icon to that of the main database you get from the Music icon, e.g.

1. I select a folder and start playing tracks

2. If I short click "Vol" I can see the list of tracks in the folder, correctly ordered (I can then click the right arrows and "Now Playing" to get back to the normal playing screen).

3. If I click "M" and select "Play From..." I get the options of all songs, this artist, this album or this genre.

4. If I select "this album" it seems to pick up the album contents from the main Music database and not from the Folder list. I can see this is the case if I go back to the main playing screen and click "Vol" and now I see that the tracks are no longer ordered correctly as was the case in step 2, above, but are now ordered "randomly" as if I had got to this track via the Music icon.

Apr 27, 2016 at 11:53 AM Post #540 of 774
  That is strange
My player is working fine with the order in the album,

For the folder issue. @EmPathWalker ,As he say.
If you really like play the separate folder
May be you could try their new player.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01ER5FJAE

However, they are not available yet

Re the album ordering: I think I read elsewhere on this thread that the ordering only gets messed up after a certain number of tracks (several hundred) have been loaded, so it may be that you haven't experienced this because you haven't added enough tracks yet.

Re the new player: do you have some more information about this and whether it really will include the option for stopping playback when the last track in a folder has been played?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back