The Review Tour of FiiO Q5 Flagship Bluetooth and DSD-Capable DAC & Amplifier Starts Right Now!
Feb 27, 2018 at 9:15 AM Post #256 of 367
Hi guys, I am looking for an amp/dac and this came to mind, my IEM's would work great with this. But i'm wondering if my DT770 Pro (unbalanced) also would work well with the Q5 since they're 250 ohm. I looked at the specs but i'm relatively new to this, and i can't realy make out if they would.

EDIT: Just checked again and seems my IEM's have a lower impedance than needed. I'm going to keep this device in the back of my head for now and search a bit further for the time being. Still, seems like a solid device to own!

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2018 at 8:00 PM Post #257 of 367
Anyone try pairing this with a Sony device yet? Specifically the ZX2. Really interested since the review package ships with the L27 WM-Port cable. The ZX2 is known to be somewhat underpowered.

Feb 28, 2018 at 10:26 PM Post #258 of 367
Anyone try pairing this with a Sony device yet? Specifically the ZX2. Really interested since the review package ships with the L27 WM-Port cable. The ZX2 is known to be somewhat underpowered.
yea u can paired with those two devices i also screenshot the compatibility of the Fiio L27

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    47.4 KB · Views: 0
Mar 5, 2018 at 6:23 AM Post #261 of 367
Any more tour reviews coming? Curious to know what others think of the Q5.

There should be a lot more reviews incoming soon :)

I think a lot of people fell in love with Q5 and are dazzled so they're slower to write their thoughts :)

I havew tons of photos to process and had a really busy schedule in the past few days, this is why I didn't post anything yet

Well, the tour is on, so we can expect some more reviews the next couple of months. Mine will be up in 2 days.

Happy to hear you're so close to posting it!

Can't wait to hear your thoughts!!

Mar 5, 2018 at 7:28 PM Post #265 of 367
I have just put this up. Posting the Q5 to @chrisba tomorrow. Thank you Fiio!

Outstanding review and straight to the point when it comes to SQ. It would've been nice to see a little more comparisons against the micro BL however most of my questions have been answered.
Glad that you compared extensively against the Mojo. Great job!

Mar 6, 2018 at 3:14 AM Post #267 of 367
Outstanding review and straight to the point when it comes to SQ. It would've been nice to see a little more comparisons against the micro BL however most of my questions have been answered.
Glad that you compared extensively against the Mojo. Great job!
I reviewed the Micro BL too against the Mojo, the link is also in the Q5 review.
Apart of the obvious differences between the Q5 and The Micro BL (size, functionality) they sound very different, but both very good. The Micro BL is smooth with a strong velvety bass, sounds like a sound system in a cinema. The Q5 is clean, clear, precise, accurate, much brighter sounding. Also, the Q5 is a true portable amp while the Micro is a power beast able to drive speakers too.

Mar 6, 2018 at 6:09 AM Post #268 of 367
I reviewed the Micro BL too against the Mojo, the link is also in the Q5 review.
Apart of the obvious differences between the Q5 and The Micro BL (size, functionality) they sound very different, but both very good. The Micro BL is smooth with a strong velvety bass, sounds like a sound system in a cinema. The Q5 is clean, clear, precise, accurate, much brighter sounding. Also, the Q5 is a true portable amp while the Micro is a power beast able to drive speakers too.

Q5 can get closer to iDSD BL Micro with AMP5 installed rather than the AM03A as well :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back