The Reference 6SN7 Thread
Jun 22, 2020 at 4:06 PM Post #2,011 of 10,028
With the world trying to educate and elevate itself, this guy must be living under a rock to make a remark about ethnicity as if somehow that is relevant. I am truly sorry you had to endure a racial slur.
This is the mail that I sent him last Friday but no response.

He does not seem to realize what he had done wrong.

Re: Racial discrimination suit

Hi

Out of grace, I am going to give you the last chance.

If you express sincere apology about racial slur and cancel the order of Kenrac vt231 on your side by 6PM, Friday 19th,

then I will settle this case as solved.

If not, I will post your racial slur in three audio forums where I am well known member.

Also I will ask my attorney to file racial discrimination suit against you next week.

The fact that I gave you chance for leniency and you did not accept it will go agains you at the court proceeding.

Be wise young man.

Jun 22, 2020 at 4:37 PM Post #2,012 of 10,028
This is the mail that I sent him last Friday but no response.

He does not seem to realize what he had done wrong.

Re: Racial discrimination suit

Hi

Out of grace, I am going to give you the last chance.

If you express sincere apology about racial slur and cancel the order of Kenrac vt231 on your side by 6PM, Friday 19th,

then I will settle this case as solved.

If not, I will post your racial slur in three audio forums where I am well known member.

Also I will ask my attorney to file racial discrimination suit against you next week.

The fact that I gave you chance for leniency and you did not accept it will go agains you at the court proceeding.

Be wise young man.

This may or may not help but if you paid by PayPal they used to act on the customer's side and might still do that. I had a seller who did not send me a product and PayPal shut down his ability to use them until the seller corrected the problem. This was a while back but you might have some recourse as far as the seller not refunding your money. If you paid by credit card you can dispute the purchase on the card and more often than not, you will not be charged.

Jun 22, 2020 at 4:40 PM Post #2,013 of 10,028
This may or may not help but if you paid by PayPal they used to act on the customer's side and might still do that. I had a seller who did not send me a product and PayPal shut down his ability to use them until the seller corrected the problem. This was a while back but you might have some recourse as far as the seller not refunding your money. If you paid by credit card you can dispute the purchase on the card and more often than not, you will not be charged.
I used Paypal thus i can go into it.

Now the more serious thing can happen to him.

If he does not express sincere apology, then I will send his racial slur to Ebay to stop his status of seller.

Jun 22, 2020 at 4:42 PM Post #2,014 of 10,028
And eBay is usually good with such claims, there's a grace period where you can try to resolve disputes before they come in. I've never had to go that far.....never... .honest!

Jun 22, 2020 at 4:44 PM Post #2,015 of 10,028

If he does not express sincere apology, then I will send his racial slur to Ebay to stop his status of seller.
If you don't mind me asking...what exactly did he say?

Jun 22, 2020 at 4:44 PM Post #2,016 of 10,028

You do have quite a bit of power in this situation, that guy sells a lot of product on Ebay and either Ebay kicking him off or PayPal shutting him off till the situation is resolved would hurt his business considerably.

Jun 22, 2020 at 5:14 PM Post #2,019 of 10,028
Who compared the Melz 1578 to the Ken Rad Vt231 which one you choose as your favorite? Paladin79, with their blind listening group, chose Ken Rad as the best. ThomasKong78 said that Melz is the best. So, but someone who had the opportunity to compare the two? If so, do you have a favorite?

Jun 22, 2020 at 6:17 PM Post #2,020 of 10,028
I ordered Kenrad vt 231 tube from Ebay dealer " vascotube " or "tube tech" on June 5th Thursday.

Most Ebay dealer ship the item on next day or following day.

But this guy did not show any shipping information by Saturday.

Thus i sent request to give tracking information.

But no response from him.

After going through his measurement " TUBE1) 90/112TUBE2) 100/120 ", I got the impression that this tube is not matched well.

Thus on Sunday I sent him to cancel this order if it had not been shipped.

But no response from him either.

On Monday, I gave him final ultimatum, if he does not respond to his reply, then I will leave negative feedback on him.

But I got no response by 6PM eastern time, thus I left negative feedback on him at his Ebay site.

Then he contacted me and asked me to start return process instead of his cancelling unshipped order.

I started return process but he refused to agree to return proceedure unless I change the feedback on him.

I told him that you had not responded to my three inquires for more than 48 hours.

Thus i can not change my feedback out of my conscience.

He then found out that I am an Asian and gave me racial slur against Asian.

I had tried to resolve this case peacefully.

I told him that if he give me sincere apology about racial slur and cancel the order from his unshipped item, then I will close the case.

But no response for more than 10 days.

I had bought lot of things including Nos tubes in Ebay, but had not had any problem with anyone except this guy.

Most other dealers gave response to my inquiry within 12 hours.

But this guy did not respond to my three inquiries for more than 48 hours.

And then he made a racial slur against me.

I am going to file racial discrimination suit against him.

Stay away from Ebay dealer " vascotube "

Thomas

Being racism is definitely unacceptable. All companies (including eBay) have strict rules against racism and discrimination. Report to eBay, I'm pretty sure eBay will straighten things out.

Just checked the seller " vascotube ", he is quite expensive on tubes. A run-of-the-mill Sylvania GTA can be priced at $70ish with him/her, I won't buy from the seller in the first place.

Jun 22, 2020 at 8:52 PM Post #2,021 of 10,028
Being racism is definitely unacceptable. All companies (including eBay) have strict rules against racism and discrimination. Report to eBay, I'm pretty sure eBay will straighten things out.

Just checked the seller " vascotube ", he is quite expensive on tubes. A run-of-the-mill Sylvania GTA can be priced at $70ish with him/her, I won't buy from the seller in the first place.

Agree that @thomaskong78 should report this to Ebay regardless of the next steps. If he's been communicating with this loser seller through Ebay's messaging, they'll have a record of it all anyway. ALWAYS use Ebay's messaging in these situations...just gives further protection with them having all the correspondence recorded.

I've had a bad run of tube luck here recently. Tubes never sent, tubes pure garbage, tubes lost in the mail, and a pair of Chatham 6AS7G's I just got today and one with a dead short in it...even an arc flash spot inside the bottle indicating it shorted or arced before it was ever sent. In every case so far, Ebay has refunded my money quickly. DON'T file a refund request with both Ebay and PayPal at the same time. Use one or the other, otherwise they ping-pong it back and forth and while you'll still get a refund, it just takes a good bit longer. Ebay is quicker with refunds than PayPal. Just wish I didn't know that from experience. :)

Regardless of the monetary issue(s) the racial slur is unforgivable, even with an apology IMO. Take the guy out.

Jun 22, 2020 at 9:21 PM Post #2,022 of 10,028
Agree that @thomaskong78 should report this to Ebay regardless of the next steps. If he's been communicating with this loser seller through Ebay's messaging, they'll have a record of it all anyway. ALWAYS use Ebay's messaging in these situations...just gives further protection with them having all the correspondence recorded.

I've had a bad run of tube luck here recently. Tubes never sent, tubes pure garbage, tubes lost in the mail, and a pair of Chatham 6AS7G's I just got today and one with a dead short in it...even an arc flash spot inside the bottle indicating it shorted or arced before it was ever sent. In every case so far, Ebay has refunded my money quickly. DON'T file a refund request with both Ebay and PayPal at the same time. Use one or the other, otherwise they ping-pong it back and forth and while you'll still get a refund, it just takes a good bit longer. Ebay is quicker with refunds than PayPal. Just wish I didn't know that from experience. :)

Regardless of the monetary issue(s) the racial slur is unforgivable, even with an apology IMO. Take the guy out.
Well said, and I would never slur your beloved Duke team, you can count on that! I believe PayPal was owned by EBay when I had to shut a seller down in order to get my product. It was around Christmas so the seller was frantic to help.

Jun 22, 2020 at 9:48 PM Post #2,023 of 10,028
I ordered Kenrad vt 231 tube from Ebay dealer " vascotube " or "tube tech" on June 5th Thursday.

Most Ebay dealer ship the item on next day or following day.

But this guy did not show any shipping information by Saturday.

Thus i sent request to give tracking information.

But no response from him.

After going through his measurement " TUBE1) 90/112TUBE2) 100/120 ", I got the impression that this tube is not matched well.

Thus on Sunday I sent him to cancel this order if it had not been shipped.

But no response from him either.

On Monday, I gave him final ultimatum, if he does not respond to his reply, then I will leave negative feedback on him.

But I got no response by 6PM eastern time, thus I left negative feedback on him at his Ebay site.

Then he contacted me and asked me to start return process instead of his cancelling unshipped order.

I started return process but he refused to agree to return proceedure unless I change the feedback on him.

I told him that you had not responded to my three inquires for more than 48 hours.

Thus i can not change my feedback out of my conscience.

He then found out that I am an Asian and gave me racial slur against Asian.

I had tried to resolve this case peacefully.

I told him that if he give me sincere apology about racial slur and cancel the order from his unshipped item, then I will close the case.

But no response for more than 10 days.

I had bought lot of things including Nos tubes in Ebay, but had not had any problem with anyone except this guy.

Most other dealers gave response to my inquiry within 12 hours.

But this guy did not respond to my three inquiries for more than 48 hours.

And then he made a racial slur against me.

I am going to file racial discrimination suit against him.

Stay away from Ebay dealer " vascotube "

Thomas
You should call the eBay directly.

Jun 24, 2020 at 7:57 AM Post #2,024 of 10,028
Managed to get a pair of the Melz 1578 from a local seller. NOS for USD180.

20200624_194739-01.jpeg
20200624_194759-01.jpeg

They have a nice full bass and mid bass, but not very tight or punchy. Good highs with decent air and clarity. Perhaps things will improve after running them for some time. At the moment, I find the Mullard ECC35 are still my best tubes.

Jun 24, 2020 at 8:07 AM Post #2,025 of 10,028
Managed to get a pair of the Melz 1578 from a local seller. NOS for USD180.

20200624_194739-01.jpeg20200624_194759-01.jpeg

They have a nice full bass and mid bass, but not very tight or punchy. Good highs with decent air and clarity. Perhaps things will improve after running them for some time. At the moment, I find the Mullard ECC35 are still my best tubes.
what year are they?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back