The Raptor power supply....
Oct 26, 2006 at 12:34 PM Post #31 of 35
Hi Ray.
If I recall correctly, part of the reason that the Raptor's PS ran hotter than most was that the design also allowed for conversion to european voltage.
Does the new, cooler power supply also allow for this or is it US voltage only?
Thanks in advance and Hello to Charles and Grace.
CPW
PS Still trying to figure out which body part to sell to finance the Stealth>B-52 upgrade which will also require a balanced power amp upgrade. Ouch!

Oct 26, 2006 at 12:40 PM Post #32 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by cpw
Hi Ray.
If I recall correctly, part of the reason that the Raptor's PS ran hotter than most was that the design also allowed for conversion to european voltage.
Does the new, cooler power supply also allow for this or is it US voltage only?
Thanks in advance and Hello to Charles and Grace.
CPW
PS Still trying to figure out which body part to sell to finance the Stealth>B-52 upgrade which will also require a balanced power amp upgrade. Ouch!

Not that I'm knowledgable enough to answer for Ray, but I'm in the UK and mine's been updated on European voltage, it runs much, much cooler and the sonic results are exemplary too.

Oct 26, 2006 at 12:49 PM Post #33 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by doctorjuggles
Not that I'm knowledgable enough to answer for Ray, but I'm in the UK and mine's been updated on European voltage, it runs much, much cooler and the sonic results are exemplary too.

The ps does run a lot cooler than before. It's not hotter than if you touched the transformer cover on an MPX3. The sound quality has improved from when it first arrived home, now that it has more hours on it. My brother has been using it for the last couple of weeks since his LDII died.

Oct 26, 2006 at 2:02 PM Post #34 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by doctorjuggles

Updated as in the "$50 mod" or the all new PS?
CPW

Oct 26, 2006 at 4:33 PM Post #35 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by cpw
Updated as in the "$50 mod" or the all new PS?
CPW

Sorry, should have been clearer from the start. All new Plitron PS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back