The Quest For The Comfiest Cans
Mar 12, 2012 at 7:08 PM Post #16 of 23

Quote:
Hey guys, just on the look out for great sounding, super comfy cans that will be worn for 6-10 hours in a row, can be open, closed, whatever, but need good mids/highs, no sibilance, non-fatiguing and the bass should be there, just very tight and not overwhelming. Thanks! (should be around 200-250 GBP)

HD598's. They have the "Right" amount of bass + super comfy. 

Mar 12, 2012 at 11:09 PM Post #18 of 23
Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro's.

Very, very comfy. I frequently put them through 4+ hours of use, and they never get uncomfortable. They also have a pretty laid-back top end, so their sound lends itself well to long listening sessions.

The bass isn't super tight (well, it's pretty tight when amped properly), but I don't find it to be overwhelming. Some folks say they are absolute bass monsters, but I don't hear it. I've heard many headphones that have much more bass.

Mar 13, 2012 at 2:38 AM Post #19 of 23
Even though Bose Headphones are the greatest SQ wise (they dont sound like trash though, dont get me wrong), they are damnnnnn comfy. my 558's are pretty comfy as well... I just wish they were more portable

Mar 13, 2012 at 4:02 AM Post #20 of 23
The few Bose sets I've tried on have all been very comfortable, but I can't speak for their sound quality.  The AKG K550 and various forms of Beyerdynamic DT770 seem like they might be right up your alley.  

Mar 13, 2012 at 5:15 AM Post #21 of 23
Beyer DT990s here - most comfortable thing i've ever worn.

A mate who's a DJ pointed out his Senn HD25-1-II's are 140grams :O

Users who are viewing this thread

Back