The Qudelix-5K thread
Jan 8, 2022 at 9:01 PM Post #2,851 of 4,753
Hi guys. I just updated my Qudelix to the newest version and it just stopped working with UAPP when I use it via USB. It plays music but high pitched and constantly cutting. Anyone having the same issue?

Thanks.

Jan 9, 2022 at 3:38 AM Post #2,852 of 4,753
Hi guys. I just updated my Qudelix to the newest version and it just stopped working with UAPP when I use it via USB. It plays music but high pitched and constantly cutting. Anyone having the same issue?

Thanks.
I experience the same issue, I think this all started when I updated to the latest firmware. Using Poweramp doesn't produce the same issue

Jan 9, 2022 at 4:08 PM Post #2,855 of 4,753
I've been using the Qudelix and BTR-5 as bluetooth dacs into my amps, am I missing out in sound quality by not going with a standalone dac, like the schiit modi?

Well, bluetooth is a lossy codec so yes you are losing quality if you are using it with lossless or high resolution music. Depending on the actual codec you are using (AAC, AptX, LDAC) the results can vary. Of course, people hear differently, so it's difficult to say how much it might matter to your ears... :sunglasses:

Jan 9, 2022 at 4:17 PM Post #2,856 of 4,753
Well, bluetooth is a lossy codec so yes you are losing quality if you are using it with lossless or high resolution music. Depending on the actual codec you are using (AAC, AptX, LDAC) the results can vary. Of course, people hear differently, so it's difficult to say how much it might matter to your ears... :sunglasses:
I'm using mostly LDAC, but irregardless of codec, is the output stage itself from the Qudelix much worse than that of a budget dac like the Modi?

Jan 9, 2022 at 4:21 PM Post #2,857 of 4,753
I'm using mostly LDAC, but irregardless of codec, is the output stage itself from the Qudelix much worse than that of a budget dac like the Modi?
Not necessarily. Plus you can use 5K and BTR5 over USB, getting rid of Bluetooth artifacts.

Jan 10, 2022 at 5:02 AM Post #2,858 of 4,753
EDIT: What I said doesn’t even make sense. Ignore it completely pls

Is there any way to get dual output (both 2.5mm and 3.5mm)? I plan to add a subwoofer to my speakers, and use the Qudelix like a pseudo MiniDSP with the PEQ’s acting as room correction and a high pass filter.

I ask because the Qudelix is so far the only dac I know of that can switch playback between Bluetooth devices, and usb to PC automatically, not to mention also offers 10 band PEQ.

I know why I’m asking is not really what the 5K is designed for, but I really want the automatic Bluetooth/USB switching and a sub output.

Any ideas or options you guys recommend? I thought about maybe getting a 2.5mm balanced splitter (if that even exists), but would that reduce the RMS voltage output by half?

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2022 at 5:06 AM Post #2,859 of 4,753
Speaking about output, what’s the actual RMS voltage for the 2.5mm balanced output?

The manual says max 4v RMS in balanced mode, but it also says there are two modes: Normal 1V RMS mode and High 2V RMS mode.

No mention of 4V mode anywhere, are we to assume 2V RMS is the highest output, for 2.5mm balanced too?

I assume the spec sheets says 4v, because balanced outputs carry both negative and positive, just weird since they don’t explicitly mention it.

Here’s a topping E30 spec sheet for reference.
733c1fb8ba33b3ef115c3b1ea25adf0f.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2022 at 7:05 AM Post #2,860 of 4,753
Speaking about output, what’s the actual RMS voltage for the 2.5mm balanced output?

The manual says max 4v RMS in balanced mode, but it also says there are two modes: Normal 1V RMS mode and High 2V RMS mode.

No mention of 4V mode anywhere, are we to assume 2V RMS is the highest output, for 2.5mm balanced too?

I assume the spec sheets says 4v, because balanced outputs carry both negative and positive, just weird since they don’t explicitly mention it.

Here’s a topping E30 spec sheet for reference.
733c1fb8ba33b3ef115c3b1ea25adf0f.jpg
In the app you can switch between High and Normal. With single ended it is 1v and 2v. With balanced it's 2v and 4v.

Jan 10, 2022 at 8:16 PM Post #2,861 of 4,753
Just discovered what's the problem that Im getting since the last update. UAPP wasn't working properly with the Qudelix via USB and I was experiencing constant cuts and the device was even restarting itself.

It turns out that the 41,1 , 88,2 , 96 khz mode isn't working anymore and the device won't switch automatically. It works normally if I switch to a single frequency. That's quite annoying and It will always upsample to 24 bit unless I use the 16 bit mode, but I guess that's better than nothing ...

Did anyone get the same problem? Im wondering if it's only happening with UAPP...
Thanks.

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2022 at 9:31 PM Post #2,862 of 4,753
Just discovered what's the problem that Im getting since the last update. UAPP wasn't working properly with the Qudelix via USB and I was experiencing constant cuts and the device was even restarting itself.

It turns out that the 41,1 , 88,2 , 96 khz mode isn't working anymore and the device won't switch automatically. It works normally if I switch to a single frequency. That's quite annoying and It will always upsample to 24 bit unless I use the 16 bit mode, but

Did anyone get the same problem? Im wondering if it's only happening with UAPP...
Thanks.
Interesting. i hope someone pointed it out to the company so it can be rectified.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back