The Qudelix-5K thread
Dec 17, 2021 at 5:26 PM Post #2,821 of 4,772
Speaking from experience I suspect your USB cable or adaptor is not making good contact. Replug or change it. You'll know Q5k is in USB mode from the Volume page.

If this doesn't work, you might want to check your phone setup.
Funny thing is it did the same thing when using iPhone 12 with otg kit. I never use the 5k that way anyway, but I was just curious.

Dec 18, 2021 at 7:24 AM Post #2,822 of 4,772
Funny thing is it did the same thing when using iPhone 12 with otg kit. I never use the 5k that way anyway, but I was just curious.
generally I only use the 5k with a fire tablet and I had to go to Bluetooth device setting for the 5k and disable media audio over Bluetooth to avoid it switching back and forth.
at some point earlier on in my use of the 5k, setting USB priority worked fine so I think its a bug when the priority setting doesn't work

Dec 21, 2021 at 7:33 PM Post #2,823 of 4,772
Yesterday the Qudelix 5K I bought in New condition from the seller "Qudelix" on Amazon US arrived, but it was clearly used. The warranty section of the app lists 283 days remaining, but I only bought it 6 days ago. It seems like someone may have originally bought it 82 days ago and returned it. The battery graph also shows previous usage and charging, and the tape holding the box closed was already cut.
I recently bought a 5K from Amazon as well. The warranty start date shows as the day that I received it and connected it with the app however the end date shows 2 days before the day that I bought it but next year. Example it started today 12/21/2021 but ends 12/19/2022. Curious where the other 2 days went?

Dec 27, 2021 at 1:30 AM Post #2,825 of 4,772
Pardon if this has been asked before, I couldn't find an answer via searching but is Qudelix making a follow up to the 5K? or no new products announced?
Their next product is the T71 for surround sound (gaming and movies): https://www.qudelix.com/blogs/t71/qudelix-t71

I wish Qudelix would simply repackage the 5K into a more ergonomic design, but it isn't easy for a small company to redo their production.

Dec 27, 2021 at 10:49 AM Post #2,826 of 4,772
The only quirk of the 5K to me is that the way it's put together makes it hard to push the power button without tapping another one and preventing it from turning on. Other than that I love it. Still superior to the BTR5 and ES100.

Dec 30, 2021 at 2:02 AM Post #2,827 of 4,772
Great thread!

I've ordered a 5K to use with my Meze Empyreans (to get proper EQ with iOS), and I also need to pick up a cable for it.

Will the 3.5 unbalanced output provide enough power for the Empys or should I go down the 2.5 balanced route (Empys are planar magnetic)?

Is there a different sound signature between these outputs as well (more noise @ 2.5?)

Cheers
Trill

Dec 30, 2021 at 3:12 AM Post #2,828 of 4,772
Great thread!

I've ordered a 5K to use with my Meze Empyreans (to get proper EQ with iOS), and I also need to pick up a cable for it.

Will the 3.5 unbalanced output provide enough power for the Empys or should I go down the 2.5 balanced route (Empys are planar magnetic)?

Is there a different sound signature between these outputs as well (more noise @ 2.5?)

Cheers
Trill
Go 2.5, planars always benefit from extra juice. Specially from a little dongle like this

Dec 30, 2021 at 6:12 AM Post #2,829 of 4,772
The only quirk of the 5K to me is that the way it's put together makes it hard to push the power button without tapping another one and preventing it from turning on. Other than that I love it. Still superior to the BTR5 and ES100.
You can program which buttons to press for power on/off. I press both buttons together to do this, quite foolproof.

Dec 30, 2021 at 5:02 PM Post #2,830 of 4,772
Great thread!

Cheers
Trill

No difference and there is enough power without eq, efficient can. With eq though, it really depends on the values (correction) and pre gain.

If the corrections are minor and pre gain not >-6db, it may be fine on 3.5 even with some eq. Very quite sound Material might be trouble though.

Try it out, otherwise get yourself balanced cable/adapter :)

Jan 2, 2022 at 12:14 PM Post #2,831 of 4,772
Thanks for the replies guys! :)

Pre-gain is -5.5, and the rest of the eq bands are between -2,5 and +5,5, so I guess the 3.5mm will provide enough power then.

I think I would prefer 2.5 "just to be sure", but the best option would be to go for 3.5mm because then the cable will work with my Chord Mojo too.... Decisions decisions! :)

Jan 4, 2022 at 8:57 PM Post #2,832 of 4,772
Hello All,

I am hoping someone here may be able to help with an issue I have on my new 5K.
When my phone (Samsung A70) is connected over BT the bass is heavily distorted and the audio sounds compressed overall.
Does not occur if I connect via USBC.
Does not occur with other Bluetooth devices via my phone.
Does not occur if I connect the 5K to another BT source.
The issue appears to be unique to the combination.

Qudelix support are of the opinion the fault is with my source device not the 5K as the hardware seems to function perfectly over USB.

So far to remedy the issue I have tried:
  • Verified 990kbps connection on the 5K app via LDAC
  • Updating 5K firmware
  • Up to date OS (phone)
  • Factory reset the 5K
  • Restarting both devices
  • Forgetting and re-pairing
  • Forced multiple other Bluetooth codecs (present on all)
  • Turned off adaptive sound and any device EQ
  • Turned off A2DP hardware offload
  • Cleared phone cache
  • Unpaired my Galaxy watch
Any help/ideas in the right direction would be appreciated!

Side note is the volume button loose/rattle by design or did mine come faulty.

Jan 4, 2022 at 10:26 PM Post #2,833 of 4,772
Hello All,

I am hoping someone here may be able to help with an issue I have on my new 5K.
When my phone (Samsung A70) is connected over BT the bass is heavily distorted and the audio sounds compressed overall.
Does not occur if I connect via USBC.
Does not occur with other Bluetooth devices via my phone.
Does not occur if I connect the 5K to another BT source.
The issue appears to be unique to the combination.

Qudelix support are of the opinion the fault is with my source device not the 5K as the hardware seems to function perfectly over USB.

So far to remedy the issue I have tried:
  • Verified 990kbps connection on the 5K app via LDAC
  • Updating 5K firmware
  • Up to date OS (phone)
  • Factory reset the 5K
  • Restarting both devices
  • Forgetting and re-pairing
  • Forced multiple other Bluetooth codecs (present on all)
  • Turned off adaptive sound and any device EQ
  • Turned off A2DP hardware offload
  • Cleared phone cache
  • Unpaired my Galaxy watch
Any help/ideas in the right direction would be appreciated!

Side note is the volume button loose/rattle by design or did mine come faulty.
Are you running any EQ on your phone that might be triggered by connection to the Q5K? For example Wavelet will recognise which device is connected, and activate EQ used previously for that device.

Jan 5, 2022 at 12:27 AM Post #2,834 of 4,772
Are you running any EQ on your phone that might be triggered by connection to the Q5K? For example Wavelet will recognise which device is connected, and activate EQ used previously for that device.
I do have Wavelet but it is not active or enabled in this instance. No other triggered EQ.
EQ (done in the Qudelix app) makes it more auditable/worse but it is there regardless of EQ or not.
I should add that this issue occurs at very low volumes and on multiple headphones.

Apparently this issue is also intermittent.. There have been a few instances now where I connect it over Bluetooth and its completely fine (Without changing a single thing). Getting pretty frustrated!

Jan 5, 2022 at 12:29 AM Post #2,835 of 4,772
I do have Wavelet but it is not active or enabled in this instance. No other triggered EQ.
EQ (done in the Qudelix app) makes it more auditable/worse but it is there regardless of EQ or not.
I should add that this issue occurs at very low volumes and on multiple headphones.

Apparently this issue is also intermittent.. There have been a few instances now where I connect it over Bluetooth and its completely fine (Without changing a single thing). Getting pretty frustrated!
Do you know what BT codec is being used to connect? LDAC would be best, but if it's falling back to a lossier (eg. SBC) codec then you'll notice a difference in the sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back