The Qudelix-5K thread
Jan 5, 2022 at 8:51 AM Post #2,837 of 4,750
Hello All,

I am hoping someone here may be able to help with an issue I have on my new 5K.
When my phone (Samsung A70) is connected over BT the bass is heavily distorted and the audio sounds compressed overall.
Does not occur if I connect via USBC.
Does not occur with other Bluetooth devices via my phone.
Does not occur if I connect the 5K to another BT source.
The issue appears to be unique to the combination.

Qudelix support are of the opinion the fault is with my source device not the 5K as the hardware seems to function perfectly over USB.

So far to remedy the issue I have tried:
  • Verified 990kbps connection on the 5K app via LDAC
  • Updating 5K firmware
  • Up to date OS (phone)
  • Factory reset the 5K
  • Restarting both devices
  • Forgetting and re-pairing
  • Forced multiple other Bluetooth codecs (present on all)
  • Turned off adaptive sound and any device EQ
  • Turned off A2DP hardware offload
  • Cleared phone cache
  • Unpaired my Galaxy watch
Any help/ideas in the right direction would be appreciated!

Side note is the volume button loose/rattle by design or did mine come faulty.

Which source app on the A70 is being used?
Does the app, or the A70 settings, allow you to set the BT volume to a different level than the other volume settings?

Jan 5, 2022 at 9:05 AM Post #2,838 of 4,750
Which source app on the A70 is being used?
Does the app, or the A70 settings, allow you to set the BT volume to a different level than the other volume settings?
Tidal, Spotify and Soundcloud all exactly the same. Well Spotify sounds less distorted and more muted but similar.

Nope, no specific adjustment for bluetooth or volume in general, it overall system controlled.

As mentioned it is present on very low volumes (also on different combos of gain/volume on the 5K and volume on the phone)

Jan 5, 2022 at 9:46 AM Post #2,839 of 4,750
Tidal, Spotify and Soundcloud all exactly the same. Well Spotify sounds less distorted and more muted but similar.

Nope, no specific adjustment for bluetooth or volume in general, it overall system controlled.

As mentioned it is present on very low volumes (also on different combos of gain/volume on the 5K and volume on the phone)

It sounds like a case of your phone being within the BT specs, right at one edge of the spec ; and the Q5K being within the spec, also right at an edge - with the result that the combined system goes beyond an audio modulation tolerance.

Jan 5, 2022 at 7:48 PM Post #2,841 of 4,750
To those who own 2 or more of the Q5k:

Can a smartphone operate 2 or more at the same time with their individual EQ settings?
No, your phone will only connect to one at a time. Recent updates have made it difficult to switch between units. It used to be as easy as clicking the blue button and your phone would connect to it but it is not that simple now and not as easy as it was at the beginning. I feel it is getting worse and worse with each update.

Oh, and the app does not discern between units, they all have the same name, so you have to guess which one is the unit you are trying to connect to.

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2022 at 8:01 PM Post #2,842 of 4,750
No, your phone will only connect to one at a time. Recent updates have made it difficult to switch between units. It used to be as easy as clicking the blue button and your phone would connect to it but it is not that simple now and not as easy as it was at the beginning. I feel it is getting worse and worse with each update.

Oh, and the app does not discern between units, they all have the same name, so you have to guess which one is the unit you are trying to connect to.
Thanks. Sounds like Qudelix has some work to do here. At least provide a way to identify each 5k.

Jan 8, 2022 at 4:34 AM Post #2,843 of 4,750
Hi all, question about Qudelix and power. I purchased the Avantone Planar headphone and was wondering if the Qudelix 5k will be able to power these headphones in single ended mode.

If anyone can help answer, it would be greatly appreciated. The Avantone Planar power requirements are:

• Maximum power handling: 5W RMS
  • Frequency response: 30Hz - 30kHz
  • THD: <0.1% @ 100dB
  • Impedance: 32 Ω
  • Sensitivity: 104 dB/1mW (at Drum Reference Point)
  • Minimum power: >100mW
  • Recommended power: >250mW
Will the Qudelix drive this headohine well?

Jan 8, 2022 at 7:27 AM Post #2,844 of 4,750
Hi all, question about Qudelix and power. I purchased the Avantone Planar headphone and was wondering if the Qudelix 5k will be able to power these headphones in single ended mode.

If anyone can help answer, it would be greatly appreciated. The Avantone Planar power requirements are:

The Q5K goes to 80 mW in single ended (and 240 mW balanced). It doesn't appear to meet the >100 mW specs for your headphone.

Jan 8, 2022 at 8:58 AM Post #2,845 of 4,750

With a balanced connection it should work reasonably well

Jan 8, 2022 at 10:45 AM Post #2,846 of 4,750
The Q5K goes to 80 mW in single ended (and 240 mW balanced). It doesn't appear to meet the >100 mW specs for your headphone.

Thanks for replying, I really appreciate it. I've just purchased the Qudelix 5K now, and I've tried it with the Sennheiser HD600 as well as the Beyerdynamic DT1990 Pro, which are both said to demand high power. The Qudelix 5K, I find, in single ended 3.5mm mode drives both headphones very well.

If this is the case, then perhaps there should be no problem driving the Avantone Planar as that planar is said to be low impedance. I'm a bit confused.

Regarding the balanced cable, sadly the Avantone Planar doesn't work with a balanced cable (unless it's been modded). The only option I have is SE mode.

Jan 8, 2022 at 10:46 AM Post #2,847 of 4,750
Thanks for replying, I really appreciate it. I've just purchased the Qudelix 5K now, and I've tried it with the Sennheiser HD600 as well as the Beyerdynamic DT1990 Pro, which are both said to demand high power. The Qudelix 5K, I find, in single ended 3.5mm mode drives both headphones very well. Well, at least to my ears, anyway.

If this is the case, then perhaps there should be no problem driving the Avantone Planar as that planar is said to be low impedance. I'm a bit confused.

Regarding the balanced cable, sadly the Avantone Planar doesn't work with a balanced cable (unless it's been modded). The only option I have is SE mode.

Jan 8, 2022 at 11:10 AM Post #2,848 of 4,750
Thanks for replying, I really appreciate it. I've just purchased the Qudelix 5K now, and I've tried it with the Sennheiser HD600 as well as the Beyerdynamic DT1990 Pro, which are both said to demand high power. The Qudelix 5K, I find, in single ended 3.5mm mode drives both headphones very well.

I am using the Quedelix 5K with a DCA Aeon RT, a low impedance (13ohms) & low sensitivity (78dB/1mW). SE mode was not really able to properly drive it while the balanced mode is nicely drive it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back