The Qudelix-5K thread
Aug 13, 2021 at 5:09 PM Post #2,596 of 4,750
One month on, it appears the response to the innovative, game changing Qx-over earphones has been rather underwhelming. Are the expected benefits of active crossover such as lower IMD distortion - realized?

Please chime in, owners.

Aug 13, 2021 at 5:42 PM Post #2,598 of 4,750
Aha, 52 bucks from me.

Was that shipped with DHL? I'm also in Canada, and DHL seems to always nail me. It would be nice if Qudelix sold the 5K on amazon.ca.

Aug 13, 2021 at 6:16 PM Post #2,599 of 4,750
I would have bought the QX-over just to see what it was like, but the $20 shipping tipped the scales...

Aug 16, 2021 at 11:49 AM Post #2,601 of 4,750
One month on, it appears the response to the innovative, game changing Qx-over earphones has been rather underwhelming. Are the expected benefits of active crossover such as lower IMD distortion - realized?

Please chime in, owners.
I don’t know. I don’t have a good recent comparative data point in this price range. I also haven’t seen measurements on IMD or phase response, and any comparison with the same drivers and passive crossover networks. Anyone have cheaper earphones than the QX-over that sound better on the 5K?

Aug 17, 2021 at 3:15 AM Post #2,602 of 4,750
Got my Q5k last night and just wanted to say this is one dang superb little device. Really only positive things to say so far.

edit: Actually, one question: the manual talks about Absolute Volume and Volume Protection settings, but I'm not seeing those on my iPhone app. Is it an Android only thing? I just downloaded the app yesterday and it prompted me to update the Q5k FW too, so I would imagine everything is up to date.

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2021 at 6:47 AM Post #2,603 of 4,750
Got my Q5k last night and just wanted to say this is one dang superb little device. Really only positive things to say so far.

edit: Actually, one question: the manual talks about Absolute Volume and Volume Protection settings, but I'm not seeing those on my iPhone app. Is it an Android only thing? I just downloaded the app yesterday and it prompted me to update the Q5k FW too, so I would imagine everything is up to date.
The manual needs updating. Recent FW revisions have removed this as a feature.

Aug 17, 2021 at 9:01 AM Post #2,604 of 4,750
Okay, another question: why is this dang thing not charging from a PC USB port? Connecting it to my PC only turns the thing on, "Power USB VBUS" still says disconnected and "charging" says OFF.

The auto-power settings don't seem to stick, either, the Q5k always turns on when I connect it to a PC via USB no matter what I choose from the device -> power settings.

edit: okay, there was something broken with the Q5k-app connection even though listening via BT worked just fine. Removed it and reconnected it and now it seems to work again.

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2021 at 4:17 PM Post #2,605 of 4,750
Can someone confirm this is the pinout used for 2.5mm balanced output?
1629317851476.png

Aug 19, 2021 at 5:04 PM Post #2,609 of 4,750
Been digging the 5k. The only things I don’t love about it are the buttons and the quiet on/off chime. Otherwise, it’s a nice replacement for the ES100.
The default “tone volume” became very low in one of the firmware updates. You can configure it in VOLUME…OPTION:

105BBBE0-E0C2-4344-97E1-2D53BE1F3224.jpeg

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2021 at 9:59 PM Post #2,610 of 4,750
Been digging the 5k. The only things I don’t love about it are the buttons and the quiet on/off chime. Otherwise, it’s a nice replacement for the ES100.
I actually prefer the quieter on/off chime. It was startling to have a very loud “on” chime before the firmware update- I often forget how loud I am listening to music the previous session

Users who are viewing this thread

Back