The Qudelix-5K thread
Jul 4, 2021 at 1:05 PM Post #2,416 of 4,753
I don’t understand the 5K at times. Plugged into my iPhone as a USB DAC, there’ll be times when it’ll just cut off as soon as I move away from the Music app. Other times I’ll be able to switch around screens and apps just fine.

I have charging turned off so that’s not the issue. And the issue doesn’t happen over Bluetooth, only when it’s plugged in.

It’s really frustrating and as good as Qudelix support are, they’ve not really given me anything apart from turning off charging which I’ve already done.

Anyone else experienced this on iPhone?
It’s happened to me a few times both as a DAC on Windows and in BT with iPhone. I’ve had it happen with other similar products, so I don’t believe it to be a concern. 🤷‍♂️

Jul 5, 2021 at 5:30 AM Post #2,417 of 4,753
I received my QX-Over Today, and after listening to it for a couple of hours, I need to know if this IEM needs to be burned in for a few hundred hours before listening? Because I do not hear any treble or bass extension at all, it's all mids. Wondering if there's some setting we need to adjust in the app to get a full range of sound.

Jul 5, 2021 at 7:48 AM Post #2,418 of 4,753
I received my QX-Over Today, and after listening to it for a couple of hours, I need to know if this IEM needs to be burned in for a few hundred hours before listening? Because I do not hear any treble or bass extension at all, it's all mids. Wondering if there's some setting we need to adjust in the app to get a full range of sound.
Dynamic drivers need more burn-in generally. IMR ship iems with 15mm drivers that shed 2 whole mm after 200 hours, that’s as measurable as it gets! Mine will be with me tomorrow, I like the idea of mid-centric iems but not a mids soup…
EQ doesn’t really help I imagine?

Jul 5, 2021 at 9:18 AM Post #2,419 of 4,753
Dynamic drivers need more burn-in generally. IMR ship iems with 15mm drivers that shed 2 whole mm after 200 hours, that’s as measurable as it gets! Mine will be with me tomorrow, I like the idea of mid-centric iems but not a mids soup…
EQ doesn’t really help I imagine?
I prefer not to play with the EQ with new iems so i can get a good picture of it's reference sound first. Qudelix contacted me immediately after my post above, I was surprised and very touched by them reaching out to me, and think they just made me a customer for life with that email.
Back to the QX-Over, I noticed the bass starting to develop after i cranked the volume up. I think the new drivers are very stiff and definitely need burn in for them to loosen up. My IMR EDP+ actually weren't this stiff, and I was getting good dynamic range pretty much right out of the box.

Jul 5, 2021 at 3:01 PM Post #2,420 of 4,753
I prefer not to play with the EQ with new iems so i can get a good picture of it's reference sound first. Qudelix contacted me immediately after my post above, I was surprised and very touched by them reaching out to me, and think they just made me a customer for life with that email.
Back to the QX-Over, I noticed the bass starting to develop after i cranked the volume up. I think the new drivers are very stiff and definitely need burn in for them to loosen up. My IMR EDP+ actually weren't this stiff, and I was getting good dynamic range pretty much right out of the box.

I've always noticed bass and treble extension to be directly related to fit in general. How is the fit with the QX-Over? Do you wear them directly down or over ear? Can you wear them both ways?

Jul 5, 2021 at 3:04 PM Post #2,421 of 4,753
I wish mine would get here, but they've been sitting in a local FedEx location because they decided that "delivery not due yet" even though they were stuck in customs for several days. Seems like Wednesday will be the magic day, unless they manage to lose them like several other packages lately. This express shipping hasn't been very express-y, but that's not Qudelix's fault.

Jul 5, 2021 at 5:39 PM Post #2,422 of 4,753
I received my QX-Over Today,
Did you pay any fee for the delivery? Sometimes they (Fedex) charge for handling or something.
Mine was rescheduled two times during the day. First time from 12 pm to by the end of day. And the second time to tomorrow 12pm.

Jul 5, 2021 at 5:41 PM Post #2,423 of 4,753
IMR ship iems with 15mm drivers that shed 2 whole mm after 200 hours,
My Opuses started to sound stable and good after about 160 hours of non-stop playback.

Jul 5, 2021 at 6:52 PM Post #2,424 of 4,753
Hey folks,
Got this Qudelix, and the Lotoo UsbC-Lightning cable, connected to my iPhone. I can’t seem to get any audio to come out, even when connected via the cable. It’ll automatically connect via Bluetooth (shows up as two devices) and I can adjust settings through the app.

No audio, however. Any thoughts?

Jul 5, 2021 at 7:17 PM Post #2,425 of 4,753
Hey folks,
Got this Qudelix, and the Lotoo UsbC-Lightning cable, connected to my iPhone. I can’t seem to get any audio to come out, even when connected via the cable. It’ll automatically connect via Bluetooth (shows up as two devices) and I can adjust settings through the app.

No audio, however. Any thoughts?
Did you enable/disable the battery charging mode in the app? It's under Device --> Power --> Charger Control. Depending on your cable, this might make a difference.

Jul 5, 2021 at 7:33 PM Post #2,426 of 4,753
Did you enable/disable the battery charging mode in the app? It's under Device --> Power --> Charger Control. Depending on your cable, this might make a difference.
No audio whatsoever, connected to IPhone or PC. I’m suspecting it’s defective. Will replace from Amazon.

Jul 5, 2021 at 9:12 PM Post #2,427 of 4,753
Did you pay any fee for the delivery? Sometimes they (Fedex) charge for handling or something.
Mine was rescheduled two times during the day. First time from 12 pm to by the end of day. And the second time to tomorrow 12pm.
No, I just live in Taiwan. Being a lot closer to Korea, where the QX-Over shipped from, has it's advantages...

Jul 5, 2021 at 10:05 PM Post #2,429 of 4,753
Definitely interested to hear more QX-over impressions. On vacation now but they should be delivered Wednesday. Are there any specific setting for the QX-over in the Qudelix app?

I've always noticed bass and treble extension to be directly related to fit in general. How is the fit with the QX-Over? Do you wear them directly down or over ear? Can you wear them both ways?
I don't think the QX-Over can be worn over ear really. I need to wear them down and at an angle in order to get best seal. I tried over ear, and at that angle it's quite a weird fit.

Jul 5, 2021 at 10:09 PM Post #2,430 of 4,753
Definitely interested to hear more QX-over impressions. On vacation now but they should be delivered Wednesday. Are there any specific setting for the QX-over in the Qudelix app?
i've set the Qudelix 5K at the following:
Profile: Performance
Output RMS: 2VRMS (can only do 1 or 2, as I guess power is being drawn from the 3.5 single ended)
QX-Over Output Mode: Lowend & Highend Gain at 0, Low and High L/R Trim at 0
DSP not enabled.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back