The Qudelix-5K thread
Jun 21, 2021 at 8:39 PM Post #2,386 of 4,807
It's has to be a source/software issue maybe an Apple thing ? Could also be software related to the player software you're using. The chance that 2 units have the same defeat is slim I would think. I'm feeding it with a samsung s20 5g using foobar2k LDAC or USB lossless I get no clicks or pops ever. All my files are flac no mp3 with a few hi res here and there. Could also be something related to streaming app if you're Streaming. Never tested it because I don't stream.
It's definitely the 5K. I've tested with both my phone and a Windows 10 PC, and it occurs every time, regardless of app/program. However, I've found I barely hear it when using it with Final Audio 4000, Thieaudio L3 and Thieaudio L5. It's most noticable when using the 5K with LZ A7. If it wasn't for the A7, I might not have even noticed with the other iems.

Jun 21, 2021 at 9:29 PM Post #2,388 of 4,807
It's definitely the 5K. I've tested with both my phone and a Windows 10 PC, and it occurs every time, regardless of app/program. However, I've found I barely hear it when using it with Final Audio 4000, Thieaudio L3 and Thieaudio L5. It's most noticable when using the 5K with LZ A7. If it wasn't for the A7, I might not have even noticed with the other iems.
Do you still get the noise when using the Q5K as a USB DAC and unpair all bluetooth devices?

Jun 21, 2021 at 10:19 PM Post #2,390 of 4,807

3DT is all I've used on my 5k. I think they are 25ohm.

Jun 22, 2021 at 9:45 AM Post #2,392 of 4,807
Emailed Qudelix and they confirmed the earphones are dropping this month for $30, but shipping to the US would be $20, but would arrive in less than a week, and Amazon won't have them for a couple months or more. $50 shipped is more than I want to spend but I'll probably get them anyway to try. Selling them might be difficult given that only those with 5Ks can use them lol, so hopefully I like them.

Jun 22, 2021 at 12:00 PM Post #2,393 of 4,807
Emailed Qudelix and they confirmed the earphones are dropping this month for $30, but shipping to the US would be $20, but would arrive in less than a week, and Amazon won't have them for a couple months or more. $50 shipped is more than I want to spend but I'll probably get them anyway to try. Selling them might be difficult given that only those with 5Ks can use them lol, so hopefully I like them.

I wonder if they will ever do earbuds. That would pique my attention (assuming I ever get the 5K lol)

Jun 22, 2021 at 4:27 PM Post #2,394 of 4,807
It's all understandable but spending a further 60% for shipping is a bit... apprehensive. Might wait for Amazon to stock it. Especially when considering the above mentioned resale value. Hope it's still $30 when it reaches the big A.

Jun 24, 2021 at 1:41 PM Post #2,397 of 4,807
I'm thinking about grabbing one of these. Had a few quick questions, if anyone could give their thoughts:

-- Will the Lotoo Lightning-to-UsbC cable work off with an iPhone here?
-- Does it sound good? Barring the parametric EQ, in general is there plenty of detail? Is it too digital sound/smooth? May start by pairing with a HD650, and later an Aeolus.
-- Has anyone run the Qudelix LDAC from an LDAC transmitter (such as the FiiO BTA30)? Does it work?

Jun 24, 2021 at 1:55 PM Post #2,398 of 4,807
I'm thinking about grabbing one of these. Had a few quick questions, if anyone could give their thoughts:

-- Will the Lotoo Lightning-to-UsbC cable work off with an iPhone here?
-- Does it sound good? Barring the parametric EQ, in general is there plenty of detail? Is it too digital sound/smooth? May start by pairing with a HD650, and later an Aeolus.
-- Has anyone run the Qudelix LDAC from an LDAC transmitter (such as the FiiO BTA30)? Does it work?
I don't have the Lotoo but it works with my Meenova Lightning to USB-C OTG cable. When the cable alone is plugged in, under Settings->General->About, it shows up as a GA292-V1 OTG adapter so you can check to see what chip the Lotoo is using.

Bluetooth (AAC for me) to 3.5mm SE out is good with 2.5mm Balanced sounding more pronounced on the mid to lower end. Bluetooth is a bit more forward while USB DAC mode is more laid back (more studio like). This is all with IEMs and on-ears; I sold my HD6XX awhile ago unfortunately.

LDAC from my Sony A45 works fine, no clue about a transceiver like the Fiio.

Jun 29, 2021 at 10:50 AM Post #2,399 of 4,807
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back