The Qudelix-5K thread
Nov 27, 2020 at 10:46 PM Post #1,756 of 4,753
It appears that the Coupon says, "Save 20% on 2".
So, does that mean they're offering 10% on 1, or can the coupon only be used when buying 2 of the $110 Qudelix 5K units?
I think it means you can use the coupon up to 2 times. You can order one and get 20% off. Like @purplesun I only ordered one today and got $22 off of the $110. I just went back to the 5K product page on Amazon after seeing your post and Amazon still shows the coupon for me even though I used it once already today. When I try to order a second one using the same coupon, I still get the $22 discount on the checkout page on the second 5K.

Nov 29, 2020 at 10:17 AM Post #1,757 of 4,753
From the Qudelix forum, apparently there's a bug, in which PEQ filter gain values over +/- 12.8 dB won't work correctly. Could any 5K owners confirm this by trying for example -14 dB for one of the filters and see if it sticks after saving the whole PEQ profile?
It is a bug. If you try to put it over -12.8 it goes to positive. Tried many times.

Dec 2, 2020 at 5:01 PM Post #1,758 of 4,753
Just got mine. Starting updating FW, froze at 3:30 left, hit cancel and now it just continually says connecting in the app and won't update...

EDIT: Uninstall app then clear from device BT list then try again, I was doing one or the other and that won't work for w/e reason

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2020 at 7:35 PM Post #1,759 of 4,753
Havent had issues with mine when updating. It is a small device with very little processing power, some hiccups can occur when streaming music, connecting to 2 devices and using the app. Try force closing the app, turning off BT turning off Q5k, then start it back up, connect, update the app.

Dec 2, 2020 at 8:46 PM Post #1,760 of 4,753
Sorry, the edit was my fix to it. In case others have the issue. You have unpair from the phone then uninstall app. Repair to phone then install app, then the FW update will work again.

On that note, the ES100 has served me well the past couple years but the Q5K definitely is an upgrade in SQ. 990 automatically is great.

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2020 at 4:08 PM Post #1,761 of 4,753
Can someone comment on what the microphone of the 5k is like making phone calls? Is the built-in mic usable (vs. a headset mic on the 4-pin connector)? Does it offer any noise canceling? Is it resistant to wind noise? How does the 5K compare to the BTR5 in this regard? I'm about to buy one or the other, and how I sound to others on the phone could be the deciding factor. The owners manual for the 5k mentions that it has a MEMS microphone, then never mentions it again.

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2020 at 11:23 PM Post #1,764 of 4,753
I have a question for iPhone users:
Has anyone else noticed that AAC does not sound right on the 5k?

I have been doing a lot of critical listening with the 5k and I am positive that AAC sounds lifeless and flat compared to SBC. There’s a noticeable lack of detail.

I've been using DT990 and various IEMs, and also compared it to my ES100 mk2 which sounds much better.

I asked Qudelix CS but they really didn’t have an answer. Tried a full reset of all settings, re-paired.

once you hear it you can’t un-hear it...

Dec 10, 2020 at 6:26 PM Post #1,766 of 4,753
I have a question for iPhone users:
Has anyone else noticed that AAC does not sound right on the 5k?

I have been doing a lot of critical listening with the 5k and I am positive that AAC sounds lifeless and flat compared to SBC. There’s a noticeable lack of detail.

I've been using DT990 and various IEMs, and also compared it to my ES100 mk2 which sounds much better.

I asked Qudelix CS but they really didn’t have an answer. Tried a full reset of all settings, re-paired.

once you hear it you can’t un-hear it...

And here I feel the exact opposite. The es100 sounds flat and dull to me compared to the 5k. iPhone 12, he4xx, Kz as10, and amazon hd. Turned the eq off on both to compare.

Dec 10, 2020 at 8:26 PM Post #1,768 of 4,753
And here I feel the exact opposite. The es100 sounds flat and dull to me compared to the 5k. iPhone 12, he4xx, Kz as10, and amazon hd. Turned the eq off on both to compare.

Im on an android, but I felt that LDAC on the ES100 felt kind of dull compared to aptxHD on the ES100. The 5K sounds better to me with LDAC than the ES100.

Dec 11, 2020 at 12:01 AM Post #1,769 of 4,753
I assume others have stated this already but the on/off sounds are not good. Sound like cheap Windows sound effects. The ES100 music effects are much better

Dec 11, 2020 at 12:23 AM Post #1,770 of 4,753
I assume others have stated this already but the on/off sounds are not good. Sound like cheap Windows sound effects. The ES100 music effects are much better
I am the exact opposite...I hate the music when my ES100 turns on and off and find it annoying and way too long. I prefer the 5K's "cheap Windows sound effects." The more muted spund effects when you turn on/off are one of the things I liked about the 5K. To be honest, I wish I could turn it off on both the ES100 and 5K. Just goes to show we all have different preferences and how difficult, if not impossible, it is to make everyone happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back