The Qudelix-5K thread
Oct 27, 2020 at 9:48 AM Post #1,697 of 4,750
May i ask here noob question, considering other thing does it matter quality of sound produced by bluetooth device (phone) via BT connection ? Is there critical to have one of those codecs supported by phone to get maximum in the matter of quality of sound for Quedelix ? Or literally phone sending the data only and all sound processing done by Quedelix dac ?

Oct 27, 2020 at 11:46 AM Post #1,698 of 4,750
May i ask here noob question, considering other thing does it matter quality of sound produced by bluetooth device (phone) via BT connection ? Is there critical to have one of those codecs supported by phone to get maximum in the matter of quality of sound for Quedelix ? Or literally phone sending the data only and all sound processing done by Quedelix dac ?

The phone needs to support the codec. For example, if you want to use LDAC on the Qudelix 5K, your phone (which is the transmitter in this case) also needs to support LDAC.

Oct 29, 2020 at 11:57 PM Post #1,701 of 4,750
Anyone else have issues during Webex calls? The unit gets a lot of static and I have to unplug the USB cable and plug it back in to reset it. It's happened to both my units and happens daily.
Disabling Mic pass thru fixed it for me since it picks any cable rubbing sounds on your shirt/the unit itself

Nov 4, 2020 at 5:20 AM Post #1,706 of 4,750
There seems to be a channel imbalance whenever a call is made (I tried on Zoom calls and Google Duo).
The sound balance seems to be shifted to the left side, so you hear higher volume on the left channel!

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Nov 4, 2020 at 8:58 PM Post #1,707 of 4,750
I’m curious how most of you perceive the sound of the Qudelix? Would you say it is generally neutral, warm, cool sounding?

The more I listen to it, the more I think it is a little warm sounding.
Yes, i think so too...a little bit warm, especially on Lows, which are a little weak and soft.

have qudelix for 3-4 days now...Before the qudelix i had fiio btr5.

what can i say. Btr5 sounds a little better overall (2.5 balance vs 2.5 balance), but has different sound signature: more Lean (maybe lack of body..) with a bit better clarity, resolution, stage is a little deeper and wider.. Lows dig deeper, His goes further with more air.
But qudelix is smaller, has much more software options and better connection quality. Has normal body of the sound especially on Mids.
So if your are looking for best SQ - btr5 is for you (especially over usb), if the size and geek sofrware options matter - qudelix.

as for me, i like qudelix and its sound signature more, but the cons are:
1. weak bass (i mean quality..too soft)
2. hardware controls. Damn :) it's too uncomfortable and complicated compared to fiio

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2020 at 7:31 AM Post #1,708 of 4,750
Here's a comparison between Sennheiser HD-800S, HD-6XX, HIFIMAN HE-4XX @ the same voltage level of 0.5V Pink Noise.

The difference is small, balanced Qudelix 5K can drive both Sennheisers to full 4V.
The HE4XX to 3.6 V, 1dB lower, due to it's lower impedance of 43.5 Ohms (values corrected after measurement on real specimen) it needs more current, see here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/0/d/1q_jWA9v-NKCsPc9Rm08au_TlqEsEgUeckeSoaVGfSRM/htmlview

All three can be sufficiently driven with full dynamics to earkilling sound levels.

If you need more level you need to see your audiologist now, or soon:gs1000smile:

With all three my personal listening level is set way below maximum, even with softer recordings.

Watch out for the fine scale of 1 dB/line, which makes the (small) differences very obvious:

Can you describe what are you "missing" when pairing HD6XX / 800S / HE-4XX with Q5k compared to your desktop setup? I am particularly curious with HD6XX as I have a pair.

P/S: I have misplaced my BTR5 (=®¿¥‰⁈π€ü℃κ) and I just ordered Q5k to replace it.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2020 at 3:15 AM Post #1,709 of 4,750
Anyone try a Sony Ier-z1r on the Qudilex? Is it better on it or a Btr5?

Can it drive it?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back