The Qudelix-5K thread
Sep 4, 2020 at 5:00 PM Post #1,306 of 4,750
Does anyone know how to adjust the PEQ settings? I go into Equalizer and switch to PEQ. I then see fields where I can enter frequecy values, but I don't see how to change the gain or anything else. I also don't see how to save into one of the 10 custom banks.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Robert

When you enable EQ in the app under the options section, you choose -6db or -12db.

To save presets, follow the instructions on that options page. You just hold one of the 10 cuatom presets to save over it (all the way at the bottom of the preset list). Screemshot attached for your reference.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200904-165828.png
    Screenshot_20200904-165828.png
    160.5 KB · Views: 0
Sep 4, 2020 at 10:14 PM Post #1,307 of 4,750
Thank you! I used the github repository and set the eq per my headphones! It looks like you can store 10 different sets of parameters so I can setup different profiles for different headphones and then just select between them! This is great to be able to have just one device.

Does anyone know if it;s possible to rename the eq profiles? So instead of custom 1 I would like to change to Monolith 570.

Thanks,'
Robert

Sep 4, 2020 at 11:34 PM Post #1,308 of 4,750
Thank you! I used the github repository and set the eq per my headphones! It looks like you can store 10 different sets of parameters so I can setup different profiles for different headphones and then just select between them! This is great to be able to have just one device.

Does anyone know if it;s possible to rename the eq profiles? So instead of custom 1 I would like to change to Monolith 570.

Thanks,'
Robert
Per the forum, they're working on that and increasing the number of presets.

Sep 5, 2020 at 1:58 AM Post #1,309 of 4,750
Just got 5k, and paired with Note 20 Ultra. Sound is excellent, in fact, even better than LG V60! I'm a happy camper!

Question, i've enabled "Optimised for audio quality (990kbps/ 909
kbps) under" Developer Options" in my N20 Ultra. However, the setting eventually reverts to "Best Effort (Adaptive Bit Rate"). How to keep the former as a permanent setting?

Sep 5, 2020 at 3:37 AM Post #1,311 of 4,750
Sep 5, 2020 at 3:41 AM Post #1,312 of 4,750
Just got 5k, and paired with Note 20 Ultra. Sound is excellent, in fact, even better than LG V60! I'm a happy camper!

kbps) under" Developer Options" in my N20 Ultra. However, the setting eventually reverts to "Best Effort (Adaptive Bit Rate"). How to keep the former as a permanent setting?
Many... Most phones / sources can't keep stable connection with full range 990kbps, so it's best to drop down one level in the range and that will remain stable, or pick Best Effort.

I don't have / haven't tried Qudelix-5k, I'm speaking about other devices and Samsung S20 Ultra / Samsung Note 10+ setting Dev options.

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2020 at 5:00 AM Post #1,313 of 4,750
Does anyone know how to adjust the PEQ settings? I go into Equalizer and switch to PEQ. I then see fields where I can enter frequecy values, but I don't see how to change the gain or anything else. I also don't see how to save into one of the 10 custom banks.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Robert

Just enter the gain values directly into the white boxes/fields using your phone's keyboard. To apply the changes you've made, you have to click/select another field before it takes effect (this needs improvement by the dev team). To save the values you've entered, click on the PEQ graph then a list of EQs will appear. Scroll down to one of the custom EQs (1-10) then long press/hold on the one that you wish to save the PEQ settings to (this whole process needs improvement as well, it's not intuitive and is convoluted). If successful, a popup will appear saying that it has been saved etc. Hope this helps.

Sep 5, 2020 at 5:33 AM Post #1,314 of 4,750
Little tip for easy AB comparison - click on an empty preset which will be left flat - and just set the preamp gain at the top to the same as the preset you want to compare with.

Then when switching back and forth the volume will be matched

Have to say it’s very weird exercise, as I just eq’d my Tia Fourte using the values on that website - and they lose all of their magic treble sparkle and personality. It seems with IEMs the tuning chosen by the manufacturer is all part of the plan.

It’s like when I switch the treble just disappears.

Adding a touch of bass / reducing treble a touch is one thing - but this has completely changed the sound of my IEMs :)

Anyway maybe I’ll spend some time comparing a bit more but initial impressions are just confusing and think I’ll go back to just adding a touch of bass!

Sep 5, 2020 at 9:16 AM Post #1,315 of 4,750
Many... Most phones / sources can't keep stable connection with full range 990kbps, so it's best to drop down one level in the range and that will remain stable, or pick Best Effort.

I don't have / haven't tried Qudelix-5k, I'm speaking about other devices and Samsung S20 Ultra / Samsung Note 10+ setting Dev options.

i don’t own any phone that is LDAC capable, but with Sony WM1A Paired with Qudelix5K I have stable LDAC connection at 990kbps all the time, even at over 9 meters away

Sep 5, 2020 at 10:24 AM Post #1,316 of 4,750

On my LG v30 I have to go back to Developer Options every time I connect any an LDAC capable receiver to reset to 990/909. This seems to be a common problem.

The funny thing is that I realize that when I have forgotten to, I really can’t tell a difference...
I will have to check in the Qudelix app what the actual bit rate is when I have it set to Best Effort.

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2020 at 11:07 AM Post #1,317 of 4,750
So I was able to set up the PEQ by installing the app on my phone rather than a chromebook. The chromebook only shows the fields for the freq setting and has other bugs that make it disconnect. It would be nice to be able to use the app on the chrombook as typing is much easier.

So now that I've had more time with this, I'm pretty impressed. I have 3 Frro BTR5 and I mentioned in that thread how bad the bluetooth connection is. Cutting in and out from 10 feet away with clear line of sight. People thought that maybe that was ok.

This is rock solid on connection. I also like how light weight it is as I clip it to the band of my headphones. I like the ability to use the PEQ, but I am thinking I may use the different settings for type of music. I adjusted it using the settings on Github, and I'm not sure that I like that. It's maybe undoing what makes each headphone unique. I could see if you had a specific problem with a headphone that you wanted to correct, it would be great.

Anyway, with a little more time on this, I'm very happy with it. The BTR5 is very nice in look and feel, but just doesn't work for me as a bluetooth receiver.

Thanks,
Robert

Sep 5, 2020 at 1:22 PM Post #1,318 of 4,750
The BT connection is rock solid, by far the best I've experienced; great range, through multiple walls and the switch from USB to BT is practically seemless. It was flawless on my phone until I connected it the BT on my work computer as well. Now, I have conflicts with the mic on the 5k with my Yeti Pro. I'll try turning off the 5ks mic and report back but I was really hoping to use it as a backup.
As for EQ, I turned it off, and honestly, it sounds better; less digital treatment of the audio stream.

Sep 5, 2020 at 1:54 PM Post #1,319 of 4,750
Default setting of "best effort" on my S10, mostly results in 660 kbs with Q5K. From experince with S10, 990 kbs usually stutters, so anyway I have to reduce it to 660.

I did try PEQ settings for several headphones (SE846, FiiO FH7, Beyerdynamic T5p). Eventually I prefer to leave EQ off. I listen to Tidal HiFi via UAPP, set to Bit Perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back